Profile for J. Bert > Reviews

J. Bert (Belgium)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Futurama - Season 8 [DVD]
Futurama - Season 8 [DVD]

3.0 out of 5 stars Pfffffffffft, the first disc is as entertaining as watching hypno-toad without the hypnosis, 10 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Futurama - Season 8 [DVD] (DVD)
I'm a big fan of Futurama and absolutely love the show but after watching the first disc I hate to admit that the episodes weren't funny at all.

Adventure Time - The Original Cartoon Title Cards (vol 1) (UK edn)
Adventure Time - The Original Cartoon Title Cards (vol 1) (UK edn)
by Pendleton Ward

5.0 out of 5 stars My kids and I enjoyed trying to draw the beautiful title cards, 23 Dec. 2014
My kids and I enjoyed trying to draw the beautiful title cards. There's much to be learned from the artists by looking at their beautiful results.

Goblin Quest (Goblins 3)
Goblin Quest (Goblins 3)
by Philip Reeve

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantasy at its best, 5 Aug. 2014
This is an excellent series and the third installment is a nice read with lovable characters. It's important to read "Gobins" and "Goblins versus Dwarves" first to get the most out of this book.

Murder in Baldur's Gate (Sundering adventure, 1) (D&d Adventure)
Murder in Baldur's Gate (Sundering adventure, 1) (D&d Adventure)
by Ed Greenwood
Edition: Game

3.0 out of 5 stars Please, use better covers for the booklets and a decent folder to put them in, 18 Sept. 2013
The quality of the covers of the booklets and lack of a decent folder to put everything in is not collector-friendly.

I haven't read the adventure yet. I just flipped through it.
The artwork is beautiful but the papar-quality of booklets and packaging is terrible

When I pre-ordered the item it said it was a hardcover book in the title which seemed very unlikely as it consists of two booklets.
Still I expected the softcover-booklets to have covers that are sturdier than the pages of the booklet itself.
Also the DM-screen and booklets are wrapped in a paper instead of a folder so once opened it is almost impossible to neatly put the adventure on your shelf again.

I truly hope this trend of flimsy booklets wrapped in a paper is put to an end. The covers should be of softcover-book quality and not normal paper quality which is too flimsy to last. When multiple booklets are proviced a folder should be supplied to store everything neatly inside. I truly hope D&D Next uses the excellent 2nd edition packaging with sturdy softcover modules and boxes that can be opened like the box of a boardgame with everything neatly inside, not the flimsy 4th edition boxes that open on top.

The Cleveland Show - Season 1-2 [DVD]
The Cleveland Show - Season 1-2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Mike Henry
Offered by cs-marketplace

2.0 out of 5 stars Family Guy and American Dad are so much better..., 17 Mar. 2013
I didn't like it and didn't even bother with the second season. I'm a Family Guy fan but the Cleveland Show isn't as funny. A real pity...

Dark Sun Creature Catalog (4th Edition D&d) ("Dungeons & Dragons")
Dark Sun Creature Catalog (4th Edition D&d) ("Dungeons & Dragons")
by Richard Baker

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent 4th edition book, 17 Mar. 2013
A good read. The monsters have a decent amount of fluff and the art is beautiful. It's a real pity that the Dark Sun Campaign Setting isn't available anymore.

Demonomicon: A 4th Edition D&d Supplement ("Dungeons & Dragons" Accessory) ("Dungeons & Dragons" Accessory)
by Mike Mearls

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best 4th edition books...., 17 Mar. 2013
This book was an enjoyable read. It contains a lot of information on the Abyss. This is info I'd expect in the book "The Plane Below" as it contains a chapter "Into the Abyss" but a good addition in this book as well. It contains a lot of fluff (descriptions instead of rules) and triggered my inspiration.

Dungeon Command: Blood of Gruumsh: A Dungeons & Dragons Expansion Pack
Dungeon Command: Blood of Gruumsh: A Dungeons & Dragons Expansion Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome (miniature) value for money, 6 Mar. 2013
I love the Dungeon Command sets. I bought all five of them and hope that more will be released soon. I hope for a set with a warband of elementals, a warband of the abyss and a warband with ents and other woodland creatures.

Even though I don't like the focus in D&D 4th edition on dungeon delve miniature-battles instead of on the fantasy aspect of roleplaying, I do love the miniatures itself.

In the past, the booster packs made it very hard (or incredibly expensive) to collect a warband of goblins, orcs, skeletons etc... Now, one single set gets you a complete warband that you can use in your dungeon delves or in your dungeon command game(that I honestly haven't tried yet).

Pathfinder Adventure Path: Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition
Pathfinder Adventure Path: Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition
by Steve Greer

5.0 out of 5 stars Review by a D&D enthousiast, 6 Mar. 2013
I'll be honest. I love D&D. I played 1st edition and 2nd edition at university in the 90s. In 2010, I started playing D&D 4th edition and was, honestly, a bit disappointed. In my opinion, too much focus was on dungeon delves and miniature battle gameboard-like combat. I had the feeling that the fantasy got lost between 2nd and 4th edition. (I've never played D&D 3rd edition.) The 4th edition hardcover books are incredibly beautiful and fun reads but often too much crunch (rules) and not enough fluff (fantasy-setting, descriptions).

When I saw a presentation on 5th edition D&D my hopes and love for D&D were up again. They were going back to the fantasy... The miniature battle focus moved to the Dungeon Command Games (which are also very good value for money). The presentation got me in some sort of buying frenzy. I preordered the D&D first edition premium books, the second edition premium books but doubted about the 3rd edition premium books. I had heard of this Pathfinder thing that was the same as D&D 3rd edition.

Because of the fact that the core rule book had almost twice as many pages than the D&D DM-guide, I ordered it with the Rise of the Runelords campaign and the Pathfinder Bestiary.

My first impression was that the outside of the Pathfinders-books is inferior to the outside of the D&D fourth edition books. That's because of the fact that the D&D hardcovers have a picture on the spine instead of the plain "Pathfinder"-lettering. The D&D covers also play with depth by having part of the pictures in a mat finish and part of the pictures glossy so that the glossy bits stand out. The Pathfinder-books aren't as pretty on a book shelf.

Yesterday evening, I flipped through the "Rise of the Runelords" campaign and was impressed. When I started reading it, I fell in love. This is a clearly a work of people who really love the game... the shared experience that roleplay is.

Our D&D group has played D&D for a couple of years now. We won't start playing Pathfinder soon but I -as a DM- will buy and read more Pathfinder books. They are apparently awesome value for money. Keep the hardcover campaign settings and hardcover adventure paths coming Paizo.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 7, 2014 1:39 PM GMT

Rage: Anarchy Edition (Xbox 360)
Rage: Anarchy Edition (Xbox 360)
Offered by Game Trade Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb game, 22 Oct. 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I liked Fallout 3 a lot. This game has a similar apocalyptic wasteland setting but is more action-oriented. In Fallout the action is paused to select particular body parts to shoot at and you have an indicator telling you that an enemy is nearby. This is not the case in Rage: enemies jump around, take cover, sneak upon you etc.... It's a great thrill with a lot of suspense.
The wingsticks you can create in the game are maybe a bit overpowered (they are life-savers) and the ending is a bit swift but this game is highly recommended. I don't understand this game wasn't a hit and I truly hope a sequal sees the light of day.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3