Profile for Gareth Wilson - Falcata Times Blog > Reviews

Content by Gareth Wilson ...
Top Reviewer Ranking: 540

Gareth Wilson - Falcata Times Blog "Falcata Times Blog"
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Panasonic EH-SA31 Facial Steamer with Nanoe Care Technology
Panasonic EH-SA31 Facial Steamer with Nanoe Care Technology

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but pricey, 30 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
OK, so whilst this is my other halfs product, after coming home from a hot day out I felt all sweaty and horrible, she suggested that I give it a try to not only make my face feel cleaner but to help my skin. It was easy to use and whilst the distance from the machine to your face feels pretty damn simple to figure out yourself it does come with a measure so you know what they recommend as the optimum distance.

It is easy to operate, is easy to add the water to and heats up within 30 seconds. Add to this a nice feel as it the moisture drys after use and all round I thought it was pretty solid. Now whilst I've only used it once so I can't comment as to the long term effects of the item my other half has said that it makes her skin softer. All round a good product but perhaps a bit pricey for what it does.

Roboteer
Roboteer
by Alex Lamb

4.0 out of 5 stars The Foibles of Mankind, 29 July 2015
This review is from: Roboteer (Paperback)
I’m a reader who loves to spend time in far flung future and every chance I get, I can be found travelling the various galaxies alongside intrepid heroes whatever their origins (terrestrial or extra-terrestrial.) What Alex does well in this title is bring his leading protagonist to the reader. He’s a person who stands out and whilst perhaps not the best example of humanity has foibles that allow ourselves to connect so well. Back this up with cracking storytelling, top notch prose and a good helping cracking universe building all round gives the reader a book that is fun to spend time between the sheets with.

Armada
Armada
by Ernest Cline

4.0 out of 5 stars Cline give me pixel bumps again, 29 July 2015
This review is from: Armada (Hardcover)
Ah having loved Ernest’s original release, I really couldn’t wait to see what he’d return to the fold with and as with the original you can tell his passion of video games is not only heavily influential within but also brings a nostalgic look to the reader alongside using tropes from throughout the genre that really helps build a history for the world.

Its definitely quirky, has a ton of geek jokes within (including many film references) as well as presenting a principle character that you just really can’t let go of let alone want to spend time away from (so much so that you’ll find putting the title down nigh impossible.) All round a cracking title and for me, a definite Sci-Fi favourite of the year alongside being one that will make many a summer reading list. Cracking.

Batman: Arkham Knight (Xbox One)
Batman: Arkham Knight (Xbox One)
Offered by EVERGAME

3.0 out of 5 stars Sadly disappointing, 28 July 2015
OK, this review has taken me a while to get done. Not because I wanted to complete the game before doing so (although I have done) but mainly because, with it being the third and final outing (at the moment for Rock Steady games) felt that it was missing something that the other two titles had.

Don’t get me wrong, the game had great graphics, cracking combat sequences and you also got to use the batmobile (for the first time) but it seemed to lack something which for me translated as top notch storyline, relying more on repetitive combat alongside ruining the whole batmobile with overuse.

All round, whilst it was a solid game to play, I would have preferred is if the Arkham Knight had been more of a side line with our favourite bat villain taking centre stage again (although he couldn’t have previously died in the last title) all round really didn’t give me the goose-bumps and farewell I’d expected in a trilogy. It was more of a damp ending rather than a huge bang and all round sadly left me disappointed .

Eylure Defining and Shaping Brow Crayon, Dark Brown
Eylure Defining and Shaping Brow Crayon, Dark Brown

1.0 out of 5 stars not good, 17 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
not good, i tried this on my brows and it didn't work, it was bitty and didn't give an even coverage..also it felt sticky. did then use it on my hand to "warm" it up like a pen, but was still the same waxy and not constant , will not be using this.

Empress Game (The Empress Game Trilogy #1)
Empress Game (The Empress Game Trilogy #1)
by Rhonda Mason

4.0 out of 5 stars Can't wait for future outings, 14 July 2015
This first novel in what looks to be an epic series really takes the reader on a rollercoaster of a ride as an exiled Princess with psy abilities seeks to hide her identity whilst trying to keep her brother and herself alive in an epic game of life, death and double dealing in a universe of complexity and manipulation.

It’s a well written novel and whilst the plot at times feels like the author is trying to cram a bit too much into the one title, it’s a starter that will keep you demanding more as each page is turned. Add to this a principle character that will strike a great many chords with the reader at how she deals with the hand life’s dealt her and all round it’s a book that made me pay attention. I look forward to future outings.

Tefal CM361840 Subito Filter Coffee Maker, 10/12 Cup, 1.25 L
Tefal CM361840 Subito Filter Coffee Maker, 10/12 Cup, 1.25 L
Offered by dealsassured

5.0 out of 5 stars Great coffee maker, 12 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
For me this is a great filter coffee maker. It has an antidrip function, has a keep warm as well as an easy to use water indicator. However the key to any coffee maker is finding a coffee that works for you. Don't be afraid when you're out to ask which type of bean the place you're drinking in uses. Its a great way to make sure that when you make your own you use what you enjoy.

All round this coffee machine is solidly built, works very well and as a person who likes to drink large mugs of coffee all day, the keep warm function is a dream as it means I get a good mug every time I want one. The only downside is if you share with other people and they too like what you enjoy and they forget to make a new pot. You've been warned.

PetSafe FroliCat Chatter Cat Toy
PetSafe FroliCat Chatter Cat Toy

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as other Petsafe toys, 10 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
OK, of the latest set of cat toys I've ordered this is the one that I had the most worry about and to be honest I felt it wasn't up to par compared to the others that my cats love playing with. This one is pretty dire, doesn't do much and to be honest with a loose spring for the cats to gnaw on lefft me worried that they might injure thier mouths with it. Yes it does move on the spring but overall my cats just pretty much ignored it and went for their other Petsafe toys to have fun with. All round, whilst it may satisfy some cats, mine pretty much ignored it.

PetSafe FroliCat Pounce Rotating Cat Teaser
PetSafe FroliCat Pounce Rotating Cat Teaser

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid cat toy that my fur babies love, 10 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As a crazy cat man, my kities get lots of toys to play with and whilst some seem to just be ignored, anything that moves gets a serious amout of attention (as well as a hammering from my fur friends.) Now whilst I felt that this toy wasn't perhaps as solid as I would like, the cats have had a lot of fun chasing it round and trying to liberate it from its tray.

As with other Petsafe products it comes with a two year warantee which for me gives me a bit of secutiry. All round, they do love it but for anyone unfamiliar with a lot of movement toys, they can seem a little noisy to the human owner. The cats do love it and anything that presents them with a lot of fun is well worth the price. Great fun and definitely better than Undercover Mouse in my opinion which my lot broke in less than 10 minutes.

PetSafe FroliCat Cheese Cat Toy
PetSafe FroliCat Cheese Cat Toy

5.0 out of 5 stars Cats had lots of fun with this, 10 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
OK, before I start this let me say one thing. I am a Crazy Cat Man, there I said it, my kitties mean a lot to me and as such I'm always on the look out for something that they'll find not only fun but something that will last the hammering that they'll give it. (Some cat toys have taken me longer to assemble than it took them to destroy before now.)

What this product does is provide two mice for your cat to try and catch that pop in an out of the cheese. Now whilst this may seem very limited, my cats seem to love it. Batteries with this product are not provided so be prepared to have to get a couple of AA batteries in order for this work. All round its a solid product has taken a few smacks so far and one thing that has suprised me is that the company responsible provides a two year guarantee on thier product, something that seems very rare in the cat toy sector.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20