Profile for Gareth Wilson - Falcata Times Blog > Reviews

Content by Gareth Wilson ...
Top Reviewer Ranking: 443

Gareth Wilson - Falcata Times Blog "Falcata Times Blog"
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Monster  High Haunted Student Spirit River Styxx
Monster High Haunted Student Spirit River Styxx

4.0 out of 5 stars Way better than the photo's, 27 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
OK, originally when I saw the new Haunted range, this was one of the ones that I wasn't so keen on. I liked the Ghostly Draculaura, the freaky fabulous Twyla and of course the cracking Pirate Doll, Vandala Doubloons, so when I finally got to see this doll in the flesh I was quite surprised at how unique and cool she actually was.

The doll comes iwth her own Grim Reaper Cloak and when added to the features of being able to see the "bones" beneath the flesh all round gives you something totally new and fun for your Ghoul Friends to hang out with. All round a great doll, with some cracking accessories and when added to others from the collection makes a wonderful addition. If in doubt always try and see them in person rather than rely on photo's as sometimes they can be misleading.

Revlon ColorBurst Balm Stain, Honey 2.7 g
Revlon ColorBurst Balm Stain, Honey 2.7 g

4.0 out of 5 stars Good makeup but beware on the shade you buy., 25 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My other half has always wanted to try one of these for quite some time as she's liked the look of them on the adverts. So having chance to try this she was more than happy with it.

Plus points:
Feels luxurious, lots of moisturiser within and goes on a dream.

Negative points
Beware which colour you pick as it is a long lasting stain (I put a bit on my hand to feel how it was and after numerous washes and a couple of baths its still there.)

All round I'm more than happy with this and personally due to the long lasting nature of the product I'd suggest picking one that has a more natural sheen for you as it will be easier to cover with other lipstick if you want to change colour. All round a great productand one that I'm more than happy with.

Finish All in One Max Lemon Dishwasher Tablets (Pack of 74)
Finish All in One Max Lemon Dishwasher Tablets (Pack of 74)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product and a cracking clean., 25 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
To be honest I always thought that Dishwasher tablets were pretty universal and with the price of them, I always tended to go with the cheaper ones out there. Whilst my plates and glasses were always clean there was always a residue left on the glasses that left me feeling disappointed so much so that I'd have to give them a seperate rinse in the sink to get that sparkle back.

Yet when I used Finish, I was more than happy with the result. The shine was there, my plates smelt clean and of course there was no stains (fon my pyrex dish that I'd cooked Enchilada's in.) All round I'm more than happy with this product and its shown me that you get what you pay for with a tablet.

Webbox Dream Bone Chicken Small, 100 g, Pack of 12
Webbox Dream Bone Chicken Small, 100 g, Pack of 12

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 23 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My dog loved these, usually he is not interested in treats but these he wolfed them down!! will defo buy more for him, great job Webbox

Flick Spot-on Flea Treatment
Flick Spot-on Flea Treatment

3.0 out of 5 stars Solid enough product, 22 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
To be honest I've used this more as a precaution rather than to treat an infestation on my dog so I'm not sure how well it actually reacts on this front. However what I can comment on is that its easy to apply, my dog hasn't got anything and that there has been no reaction to the treatment (as some chemicals can cause an allergic reaction in some pets.)

Al round it's an OK product and whilst I can't say how great it is when used for its full benefits as a preventative its pretty solid.

The Invisible Library
The Invisible Library

4.0 out of 5 stars Cracking escapism., 14 Jan. 2015
Ah the world of magic, burgalry and of course kick ass action through a multitude of alternate worlds as Librarian extraordinaire Irene as she uses not only smarts but quick actions to help her achieve her goals. Its definitely quirky, has a great principle character and for me, gave me a book that was a sheer joy to spend time with.

Back this up with solid prose alongside great pace all round gives you a great experience. I’ll definitely be looking forward to the second outing.

Binatone Shield 6015 Call Blocker Twin Home Telephone
Binatone Shield 6015 Call Blocker Twin Home Telephone

4.0 out of 5 stars Ah, some peace from those damn cold callers., 2 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've always been a fan of the cordless phone and whilst I've liked a lot of the functions that they normally come with (built in answer phone etc) I've hated getting nuisance calls. They take up time I don't have and of course they also leave me fuming as if I wanted the product that they were selling I'd already have it.

So finding a phone that had the ability to block them, I thought was well worth a shot. However before we go any further you have to remember that you need caller id from BT which is a seperate service. Having this already, I found the phones easy to use, had great reception on them and being able to block some of the numbers was relatively simple. All round I'm more than happy with them and will definitely be recommending them to friends and family. Great item.

Logitech Type for iPad Air 1 (UK layout)
Logitech Type for iPad Air 1 (UK layout)

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but has a few flaws., 22 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Right, this is an OK product but please check before purchasing which Ipad Air you have (as the newest one won't work with this.) IFor me, its OK however as a user, I really wanted something that felt more like a snug laptop, rather than something quite chunky and not a great fit as I worried about the screen.

As a user who likes a proper keyboard, this part works very well, however to cart it around to use as a mutlimedia device its perhaps not the best out there.

Merrell Annex Gore-Tex, Men Low Rise Hiking Shoes, Brown (Merrell Stone), 8 UK (42 EU)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fit, lightweight, 22 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
OK, I got these for my other half as she was worried about snow this year (OK so maybe it was premature but hey, if it hits in Jan - April she's covered.) because I know the name, I know what the material was meant to do and of course becuase unlike a number of other walking books they're quite lightweight.

Whilst she wasn't originally sure when she saw the depth of t the tread and tried them on she was more than impressed and whilst to a number of people they may seem expensive, trust me, a good set of boots is never a waste of money if you have to tackle conditions that are a little out of the norm.

ALl round a good product and one that my other half was more than happy with. A definite recommendation.

Leaving Time
Leaving Time
by Jodi Picoult

3.0 out of 5 stars Not up to Jodi's usual, 17 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Leaving Time (Hardcover)
To be honest with you I wasn’t really sure where this book was going from start to finish. Well yes I had a clue as I’ve read Jodi before but there was so much unnecessary info on elephants within that it felt like extra fluff just there to extend the word count rather than working on the plot line.

Yes the information was interesting, yes there was a lot of stuff I didn’t know however when I pick up a book on the themes that this title is set around, I really expect it to concentrate more on the human aspect rather than the pachyderm. All round its an OK book and with a lead character that feels like its had a fair few outing stereotypically all round left me feeling a little flat. Not one of her best in my opinion but an OK read.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20