Profile for Gareth Wilson - Falcata Times Blog > Reviews

Content by Gareth Wilson ...
Top Reviewer Ranking: 411

Gareth Wilson - Falcata Times Blog "Falcata Times Blog"
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
A Trick of the Mind
A Trick of the Mind

3.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't get on with the main character, 17 Sep 2014
To be blunt here, this isn’t a book that I thought much to. What didn’t help was for me that I couldn’t associate with the principle character who felt like a woman that had everything, which whilst I’m not saying is impossible, for me put this as a person with no real understanding of real life.

Don’t get me wrong, the concept was strong, it followed a linear chain of thought and did have immense potential but when you can’t identify with a character you really don’t care what happens to them. All round, Penny is an author who has had a lot of success with other books she’s written but for me, this book felt fairly flat, a little too simplistic and the messages contained within aren’t strong enough for today’s modern person. A great shame.

Meal in a Mug: 80 fast, easy recipes for hungry people - all you need is a mug and a microwave

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple and easy, 17 Sep 2014
There are plenty of times you’ve got some leftovers and not enough to make a huge meal, so rather than throw them away in a time when we all know the price of food, you try to be inventive to find ways to make the best of what you have.

Whilst this isn’t a full banquet type of book, its one that helps use those left over scraps and gives you something hot with just a few minutes work. It’s tasty, its very simple to follow and all round, in my opinion would be a good book to give to students or those looking to help extend a few ingredients.

All round a solid book, one that provides some sweet treats as well as savoury meals and something that will help you make the most of what you have.

Rokit Gel Polish Professional Kit
Rokit Gel Polish Professional Kit

3.0 out of 5 stars Solid item, however think about how many visits it'll take to buy this item., 15 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
OK, I didn't use this product personally, however my other half has so this review is based on what she thought of it.

Firstly upon opening the colour of the nail polish supplied was quite loud, however a quick Amazon search gives you a whole host of other Gel Colours available so you can always pick one you like. In addition to thi you also get a small bottle of gel nail polish remover, now there are two ways to deal wtih this:
1) Buy some wearable Nail Soak Soakers (they fit on your fingers so you don't need too much Gel Nail Polish Remover.)
2) There are other brand Gel Nail Polish Remover so you can pick some of that up for a cheaper price.

Now whilst using this there was what she referred to as one major problem, which was that for the first stage you had to put your hands in under the UV for one minute which you have to time seperately. It would have made more sense to have had two buttons on the top one for each time required. Whilst this may seem like a small niggle, when your other half has wet nails and is trying to figure out a minute, I had to shout the time through to her to make sure it was done correctly.

Finally when done, whilst she wasn't 100% happy with the colour she was more than happy with the results with some hard wearing nail polish. It was worth the time and effort and all round gave her results she wanted. At the end of the day however it is a product you're going to have to use a few times to get your money's worth out of and if you tend to visit the nail specialist five or six times a year this is defintiely something that will help cut the bill down and give you great results. If you visit only once or twice well you might want to keep those visits up as you'll have more choice on colour and be cheaper on the pocket.

H2D iR Ionic and Infrared Professional Hair Dryer
H2D iR Ionic and Infrared Professional Hair Dryer

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 10 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
beautiful inside and out.. what can I say? well the packaging of the hairdryer is second to none, silver writing on a dark blue sturdy box. Perfect for a gift. Inside the hairdryer is mounted on a velvet style material which really makes this product look ultra expensive, you get the usual add on's in the directional accessory and the diffuser, but you also get a proffesional salon hair brush (detangler), takes any knots out of your wet hair with ease. The hairdryer itself is easy to hold and a good weight, and is amazing at getting your hair dry in a fraction of the time of my usual old hairdryer, saving electricity which always helps!!. I can't believe how good My hair looks, the shine is amazing and I have had people ask if I have had a treatment done!!! well worth the money.

Monster High Freaky Fusion Bonita Femur Hybrid Doll
Monster High Freaky Fusion Bonita Femur Hybrid Doll

5.0 out of 5 stars WoW, 10 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
yet again another fantastic freaky fusion doll!! this doll is half skeleton half moth, so she really does look odd!! her hair is amazing nice and long with streaks, her dress actually has lil butterfly's on it and her shoes as always are pretty funky. Her wings are nice and strong so she stands up without a stand, I have to say tho she is much nicer looking in real life, so do give her a chance!!.

BETA Adult Retrievers with Turkey, 2 kg (Pack of 4)
BETA Adult Retrievers with Turkey, 2 kg (Pack of 4)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product all round., 9 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As a pet owner, I like to make sure that my furbabies not only get food that they like but food that is good for them. Having tried Beta before, I know that the name is one to trust, they've helped my Dogs have healthy fur, good skin and to be honest its been a great way to help control their weight as lets face it, its quite easy for a pet to put weight on.

Add to this that it all tastes great (at least according to my dog) who if you'll pardon the pun wolfed it down. All round a great product and a brand I'll be sticking with.

Black Ice (Midgard)
Black Ice (Midgard)
by Susan Krinard

2.0 out of 5 stars Not up to parr for me., 7 Sep 2014
This review is from: Black Ice (Midgard) (Paperback)
Whilst I’m a huge reader of Fantasy, there are times when I just can’t get into a book. Sadly this was one of those times as I had a hard time getting into it. The start was a bit jumpy, the pace for me was all over the place and when you add into this a principle character that I felt was a two dimensional space filler rather than someone I could get behind and want to spend the time with really left me feeling flat.

Back this up with an arc that felt a little bit too predictable alongside dialogue that really didn’t sell the whole situation and all round I was left feeling a little cheated.

The Quick
The Quick
by Lauren Owen

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing to stand out from the crowd, 6 Sep 2014
This review is from: The Quick (Paperback)
Right, I managed to avoid the hype surrounding this novel and whilst I know that a number of other readers have been disappointed in their viewing of the title, however personally I just found it to be so so rather than anything special. Whilst there is a twist quite early on, its predictable, the characters sadly two dimensional and whilst I liked the potential found it didn't live up to what I was hoping for.

All round an OK book, but nothing that jumps out from the vast crows of Historical Fiction out there. What a shame.

Age of Iron (Iron Age)
Age of Iron (Iron Age)

4.0 out of 5 stars Cracking debut, 6 Sep 2014
OK this book is set in Iron Age Britian, however to be honest what I’d tell readers to do is accept it as a fantasy set around that time. What this title does is bring the bloody combat of Conan, the heroism of Eldric with what feels like a Drussesque hero ( from David Gemmell’s Drenai series) into one title.

It’s a difficult path to tread and all round was a debut title that I really had a hard time putting down. Add to this that it’s the first of a trilogy and I’m really looking forward to seeing what other titles bring to the fore. Of course it only gets more complex from there and when added to solid dialogue and of course a supporting cast that helps bring this world to life all round gives you a real treat. Magic.

LeapFrog Learning Friends Play and Discover School Set
LeapFrog Learning Friends Play and Discover School Set

4.0 out of 5 stars Cracking item and a whole heap of fun, 4 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
OK, you know at some point that you’re going to have to introduce your child to the idea of school and what better way to do that is there than to play it out with a group of colourful animal characters. This set from Leapfrog is a whole lot of fun with different lesson’s (taught by Miss Giraffe) where the pupils give differing responses. It’s a great piece of fun and if you do some of the activities along with your son/daughter (Aria absolutely loved Storytime where we got a book out and read it) really adds to the whole playtime.

All round a great piece of fun and will be something that you’ll play with for hours. Magic.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20