Profile for Gareth Wilson - Falcata Times Blog > Reviews

Content by Gareth Wilson ...
Top Reviewer Ranking: 410

Gareth Wilson - Falcata Times Blog "Falcata Times Blog"
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Edupet Cat Toy Activo
Edupet Cat Toy Activo

3.0 out of 5 stars An OK product but the Edupet Cat Centre is better., 25 Nov 2014
This review is from: Edupet Cat Toy Activo (Misc.)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
OK, so this is a product for cats that works on a lot of the same principles that others have and whilst its a fun toy to get on its own, when you have a number of other toys the odds are you'll have this one split over a few. Its solidly made, gives that cat something fun to chase and a fluffy ball for them to smack around. With a treat tube (or biscuit tube if you want) to make them think on how to obtain thier rewards.

All round its an OK product but for me, I'd rather get something like Edupet's Cat Centre which I feel is better value for money, has a longer lifespan to it and all round is just missing the fluffy bit on a spring (which worries me especially if your cat is a chewer.)

Edupet Cat Toy Cat Center
Edupet Cat Toy Cat Center

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product for the kitties, 25 Nov 2014
This review is from: Edupet Cat Toy Cat Center (Misc.)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
OK this is a play centre and it is something that I love as it not only entertains the cats but they have to think on how to solve each of the various puzzles to get thier treats. Each one takes the cat time to figure out and I get just as much fun watching them as they get from their rewards. Definitely something fun for them and at the end of the day when you have a product that also makes them think, it menas that its got longevity to it.

All round a well made product and one I'll be using quite often..

Edupet Cat Toy Twisty
Edupet Cat Toy Twisty

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy, 25 Nov 2014
This review is from: Edupet Cat Toy Twisty (Misc.)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Do not buy!!!! this item is flimsy ..it took longer to put together than it took for the cats to break it. The egg is a good idea it wobbles, attached to it is a thin rod made of plastic with a bauble attached..so the egg moves and the bauble shakes..but the plastic was so thin one swipe and the kitty had the rod (what was left of it) and the bauble in his mouth and was running off. fun aside this could have injured My cat, luckily I was here watching, seriously do not buy.

Edupet Cat Toy Scratchy, Silver
Edupet Cat Toy Scratchy, Silver

3.0 out of 5 stars ... item is a lil higher priced than I would like, it is pretty basic, 22 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I think this item is a lil higher priced than I would like, it is pretty basic, the cats love the rolling ball, and the ball on a coiled piece of metal. the only problem is they are chewing the metal so when I go out of the room I will remove it for safety. nice size not too big.

Shatterwing: Dragon Wine 1
Shatterwing: Dragon Wine 1

4.0 out of 5 stars Great First novel, 17 Nov 2014
The first title in the series and whilst its only out in Australia, I was lucky enough to be contacted about it by the publisher as they thought that I’d love the story. Whilst I’m generally a little apprehensive, I do love to try books that are popular in other countries as for me I always feel that they have something to add that I may not come across.

What unfurls within is a tale of daring, of courage and of course with a kickass plot alongside dragons. I mean come on, Dragons, who doesn’t love them? Yet what Donna brings to the table with this is a scientific understanding of the creatures and generates enough believable plausibility to leave the reader looking at the sky’s wondering why they aren’t up there gliding around.

The characters are solid, the pace wonderful and when added to some good dialogue all round leaves this as an opener that will more than please the reader. Magic.

Skywatcher: Dragon Wine 2
Skywatcher: Dragon Wine 2

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid second outing, 17 Nov 2014
OK, the second book from the DragonWine series by Aussie author Donna Maree Hanson and to be honest having loved the first I had high hopes for this one. What occurs within is a tale of cracking heroism, top notch action which when backed with some solid characters all round gave me a reading experience that I had a lot of fun with.

Whilst some of the characters felt a little flat, it is the principle characters that come across wonderfully well and with a lot of the hardwork in their placement done in the original novel, this one is opened up just for their emotional aspects as well as to further the plot. For many readers the first book is the key title that announces them to the reader yet for me, it’s the second book that’s the teller about the author as with this one they have to work with deadlines, extend plots and of course make sure that enough happens within the book so that it doesn’t allow the series to either stall until the third part or just act as a filler for a project that was really only intended for two. Whilst that hasn’t occurred with this book, I did feel that a lot of the magic of the explanations of the original were lost within this one which tended to gloss over the facts that had been presented before rather than reinforce them.

All round a solid second title and one that will keep me reading for the third.

Kerbl Cat House Toskana, 58 x 58 x 76 cm
Kerbl Cat House Toskana, 58 x 58 x 76 cm

3.0 out of 5 stars OK outside fun for kitties however not sure on its lifespan., 16 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
To be honest as a fan of cat tree's (I already have six) I picked this up as I thought that it was something to keep inside for them to play with and whilst its intention is to be an outside prodcut, my kitties love playing with it in the home.

OK, so it was a bit of a pain to put together but the sheer pleasure the kitties have on this is well worth the extra effort. All round a solid enough product however if it was to be kept outside I'm not sure on how long it would last.

Garmin Large Vivosmart Activity Tracker with Smart Notification - Blue
Garmin Large Vivosmart Activity Tracker with Smart Notification - Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars Check phone compatibility before purchase., 16 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
OK, this I a product I selected as I wanted to work out my calorie burn so that I could make sure that at Christmas I didn’t over indulge and whilst the blurb says all sorts of good things, there are a few things that I wanted to bring up for people before they purchase it.
1) Make sure that it works with your phone before purchase. There are a number of devices that it can be troublesome with.
2) If you have any sort of problem wearing bands (such as watches) this may not be the product for you. My allergy played up after wearing this for just a few hours.

Right, so now that’s out of the way, lets get to the key points of this device. It’s a waterproof band that pairs with your phone and keeps track of a number of things including when you’ve been inactive for a certain amount of time which then vibrates to let you know that you need to walk about for a few minutes so that it’ll reset.

It also keeps the data on display so that you can easily check it and helps set goals for the day. Its an easy way to help start a more motivated way to help you lose weight without having to resort to expensive gym membership and is a good way to help you get started into a healthier lifestyle.

All round it is a solid product and one that I think a lot of people will like as it helps you feel like you’re more in control with how things are working out daily for yourself. Its charge lasts a good while and when added to an online function where you can join others with the same goals as you helps you feel constantly motivated. A great product all round.

First Scream to the Last
First Scream to the Last
by Adrian Roe

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for horror fans, 9 Nov 2014
As a child of the 80's I was raised on horror films, or rather to be more particular the sub-genre entitled Video Nasties (some of which were hunted for by Greater Manchester Police) by my Dad who Mum said was "too scared to watch them on his own."

As such these felt like bonding time between us and as I watched the zombies munch their way through a small town, or monsters butching their way through the teenage population it was something that we shared.

So as a huge fan of a lot of these films, I was always surprised that no one tackled a book on the subject, that was until now. Here in Adrians novel, is a set of not only amazing horror movie facts but also interesting information such as the budget of the film vs the gross. Full of fun and with reminders of films that I had so much pleasure watching, this title took me back to my childhood and of course in the modern age of DVD's has given me a great playlist to pick up for the Holiday period. Add to this interviews with some of the stars as well as one with Horror Master Wes Craven, all fans of the genre will have a treat in store. A very well written book, hope to see more by this author

Wolf of Sigmar (Time of Legends)
Wolf of Sigmar (Time of Legends)
by C. L. Werner

4.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoying this series, 9 Nov 2014
A title that I’ve been meaning to get round to for quite some time as I’ve been enjoying the tale around the Ratkin and how they almost brought the empire down with the plague. As with Clint’s other work, he knows how to get to the meat of the matter, carefully blending high octane action with political double dealing keeping both in equal measure so that one doesn’t overpower the other.

It’s a tricky balance to maintain and when added to solid prose and a pace that really keeps you glued, all round allows the reader to have a cracking story well told. Great stuff.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20