Profile for Gareth Wilson - Falcata Times Blog > Reviews

Content by Gareth Wilson ...
Top Reviewer Ranking: 415

Gareth Wilson - Falcata Times Blog "Falcata Times Blog"
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Logitech Protective Case with Integrated Keyboard for iPad Air - Carbon Black
Logitech Protective Case with Integrated Keyboard for iPad Air - Carbon Black

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but has a few flaws., 22 Dec 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Right, this is an OK product but please check before purchasing which Ipad Air you have (as the newest one won't work with this.) IFor me, its OK however as a user, I really wanted something that felt more like a snug laptop, rather than something quite chunky and not a great fit as I worried about the screen.

As a user who likes a proper keyboard, this part works very well, however to cart it around to use as a mutlimedia device its perhaps not the best out there.

Merrell Annex Gore-Tex, Men Low Rise Hiking Shoes, Brown (Merrell Stone), 8 UK (42 EU)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fit, lightweight, 22 Dec 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
OK, I got these for my other half as she was worried about snow this year (OK so maybe it was premature but hey, if it hits in Jan - April she's covered.) because I know the name, I know what the material was meant to do and of course becuase unlike a number of other walking books they're quite lightweight.

Whilst she wasn't originally sure when she saw the depth of t the tread and tried them on she was more than impressed and whilst to a number of people they may seem expensive, trust me, a good set of boots is never a waste of money if you have to tackle conditions that are a little out of the norm.

ALl round a good product and one that my other half was more than happy with. A definite recommendation.

Leaving Time
Leaving Time
by Jodi Picoult

3.0 out of 5 stars Not up to Jodi's usual, 17 Dec 2014
This review is from: Leaving Time (Hardcover)
To be honest with you I wasn’t really sure where this book was going from start to finish. Well yes I had a clue as I’ve read Jodi before but there was so much unnecessary info on elephants within that it felt like extra fluff just there to extend the word count rather than working on the plot line.

Yes the information was interesting, yes there was a lot of stuff I didn’t know however when I pick up a book on the themes that this title is set around, I really expect it to concentrate more on the human aspect rather than the pachyderm. All round its an OK book and with a lead character that feels like its had a fair few outing stereotypically all round left me feeling a little flat. Not one of her best in my opinion but an OK read.

A Different Class of Murder
A Different Class of Murder
by Laura Thompson

4.0 out of 5 stars Unputdownable, 17 Dec 2014
An interesting and to be honest novel look a the crime that shocked the masses in the 20th Century where a Peer of the Realm was sought for the murder of Sandra Rivett.

Here in this book, Laura takes the time to examine the case from scratch, finding problems with the original investigation and puts her own hypothesis on the events that unfurled on that dark November night. Its definteily fascinating and whilst I know the name of Lucan, I wasn’t up to date with the case or with the events surrounding it. This book was definitely one of fascination that kept me reading to understand as much of the case as I could alongside explaining the full lead up to the events within. Well written, succinctly put and when added to a writing style that trips of the page all round made this a book that I couldn’t put down until the lat page. Not often a Factual book does that for me. Thank you Laura.

The Petticoat Men
The Petticoat Men
by Barbara Ewing

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Characters, Steps right off the pages, 17 Dec 2014
This review is from: The Petticoat Men (Hardcover)
Head of Zeus is a publisher who not only likes to bring something new to the table but invariably does it with grandeur and as such I can currently think of no better book out there than this tale by actress Barbara Ewing which has all the hallmarks of a HoZ release.

It is full of facts, really takes the reader into the time period and when added to characters that you can believe were walking around generates a book that was nigh impossible to put down. Each is unique, each steps off of the page in their own right and when I sat down with the title, I really didn’t expect to enjoy it as much as I did. All round a cracking read and one that I’ll be passing on to a few other readers to get the full flavour. Magic.

Damn Sea Vampires [DVD] [2013]
Damn Sea Vampires [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Cassie Scerbo

3.0 out of 5 stars A movie to make you laugh with the silliness of it., 17 Dec 2014
OK, so you love silly films, you’ve watched both Sharknado’s and are looking for something that you don’t have to think about to watch over the holiday period, something that will make you laugh, something fun and above all else something that you can just sit back and allow to happen. So what are you going to watch?

Well how about this, Damn Sea Vampires (AKA Beasts of the Bering Sea in the US) which is set around Alaskan Gold dredgers. These weird creatures are disturbed when new land is opened up and unleash their own brand of mayhem as the crew of the ship that originally disturbed them try to put the uprising down.

Its quirky, its fun and above all else it’s a film that gave me a few chuckles a I watched it. Defintiely something that I’m going to make sure my twin gets of a copy of as I know he and his friend Les will get an absolute blast from it. OK so the acting isn’t great and the plot is a bit ludicrous but all round when you just want something to relieve some of the tension or just a break from all those damn Christmas repeats then pick this up.

Superman 2015 Annual (Annuals 2015)
Superman 2015 Annual (Annuals 2015)
by Titan Comics

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Annual Release, 16 Dec 2014
So having read and reviewed Bat’s annual, it was time to sit back and get on with Smallvilles very own Clark Kent and to see what (mis)adventures occur. Its full of cracking stories, has great art and of course when added to a whole heap of fun within, is something that will more than please the young reader in your life. A great way to get them into books and for me, was a pure joy to sit down and read with my nephews. Magic.

Batman 2015 Annual (Annuals 2015)
Batman 2015 Annual (Annuals 2015)
by Titan Comics

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Release, 16 Dec 2014
Watch out Villains, Bats is back in his brand new annual that fans will just love and for me it was a book that was a lot of fun to sit down and read, especially with my nephew’s who are huge superhero fans. Here within this annual is a book that has great storytelling, kllustrations and for me is something that would make a great stocking filler to keep your young Batfan happy during the holiday period.

Assassins Creed - Hawk (Assassin's Creed (Numbered))
Assassins Creed - Hawk (Assassin's Creed (Numbered))
by Eric Corbeyran

4.0 out of 5 stars Magic fourth instalment, 16 Dec 2014
Carrying on from the Ankh of Isis trilogy, this one adds to what has gone before. As before, the artwork is beautiful the storyline gripping and for me, this series is a great thing to have . Add to this a whole heap of new AC items to own and all round I’m going to be a more than happy reader. All round a great piece of fiction and when added to the market of Graphic Novel fans and Video Gamers this item should be a big seller. Magic.

Assassin's Creed - The Ankh of Isis Trilogy (Assassin's Creed (Unnumbered))
Assassin's Creed - The Ankh of Isis Trilogy (Assassin's Creed (Unnumbered))
by Eric Corbeyran

4.0 out of 5 stars Cracking Graphic Novel for AC Fans, 16 Dec 2014
Ah, the chance to spend time with new AC stories and to be honest was something that whilst I missed out on originally, gave me a whole heap of fun to see what other events unfurl as the Animus reveal’s more about mankinds interaction with the those that came before.

Its well written, the artwork is beautiful and when added to the franchise also gives fans something a little different. All round a great book to buy for the AC fan in your life and of course is something that they may not have seen before. A great product all round.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20