Profile for Rose Clark > Reviews

Content by Rose Clark

Rose Clark

Lost Lanes: 36 Glorious Bike Rides in Southern England (London and the South-East)
by Jack Thurston

5.0 out of 5 stars the best book for scenic bike rides near London, 29 April 2013
I've ridden about 5 of the rides so far and all of them have been great, I've ended up in scenic villages and wild islands and coastal paths, all within one hour of London on the train. It has proven to be really lovingly researched, which I knew would be the case, having heard the authors podcast 'The Bike Show', which is a really quality show. The book cleverly doesn't bother with route maps inside the book itself, but instead gives a detailed turn by turn instructions and mapping with a printable online link. I used the printable maps provided, turn by turn instructions and occasionally the GPS file included, and I found my way perfectly well. The book itself is really readable without even doing the rides, with some interesting local history and very pretty pictures. It's inspired me to have a lot of staycations, and explore the beautiful landscape and culture just outside my hometown. As the title of my review says, this definitely is the best book for scenic bike rides near London!