Profile for Russ > Reviews

XV
XV
Offered by davehopetrading

4.0 out of 5 stars Terrific, 23 Jan 2014
This review is from: XV (Audio CD)
There are some real growers here, as well as some instant classics. This is fast becoming my favourite Kings X album (previously Dogman). So there.

Bounce: The Myth of Talent and the Power of Practice
Bounce: The Myth of Talent and the Power of Practice
by Mathew Syed

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic., 23 Jan 2014
Probably one of the best books I have ever read. I find myself constantly recommending it. It made a huge impression on me. Though as I'm 45 this year, it's too late for me to put any of the tips into practice. Nevermind, a great read.

Netgear WN3000RP Universal Wi-Fi Range Extender
Netgear WN3000RP Universal Wi-Fi Range Extender

4.0 out of 5 stars Works!, 23 Jan 2014
This works and was very easy for me to set up. My tablet and laptop which sometime struggled and had a mid-range signal, now have a full signal via this gadget. The only downside is that it's a bit big sticking out of my wall. But that's my problem because I live in a property which is low on power points. Recommended.

BlueRigger High Speed Micro HDMI to HDMI cable (1.8M)- Gold-Plated Connectors - Delivers high-definition video (up to 4K Resolution) - Type D to Type A - Supports 3D, Ethernet and Audio Return 3 meters
Offered by BlueRigger LLC

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, 23 Jan 2014
This is a cable and by golly it works. Excellent news all round for me and my wife. Great times.

AZATOM® iFlute Black Portable Docking Station
AZATOM® iFlute Black Portable Docking Station
Offered by 4 COOL TECHNOLOGY

3.0 out of 5 stars Compatibility Warning., 23 Jan 2014
When I tried this via the audio lead it sounded great. But, if you have a 7th generation nano (as I do) it cannot support audio directly from the docking station even with an apple lightning adaptor. It seems that most old docks will not support audio this way. So I am having to return this gadget, which I am sure will be fine for classic ipod users.

Apple iPod Lightning to 30-PIN Adapter-ZML  (Latest Model - Launched Sept 2012)
Apple iPod Lightning to 30-PIN Adapter-ZML (Latest Model - Launched Sept 2012)
Offered by Hi-Fidelity

3.0 out of 5 stars Apple / Dock Compatibility Problem, 23 Jan 2014
I'm imagine this does what it's intended to for some, but not for me. My objective was to play my 7th generation Nano via my existing docks. Despite this being the obvious adaptor, it won't work. It will charge, but will not play audio. Further internet research suggests Apple have done something a bit funny here regarding analog / digital signals, rendering existing docks useless for new gadgets. Also, you will notice (as I should have done beforehand) that the Nano's audio out is on the bottom of the machine, which is also where the lightning cable input is. But the lightning socket is to the extreme right, so your nano (as well as not working) will not fit square to any existing dock and there is certainly no room to fit the audio cable (which may have been a resolution) when it is docked. So this is being returned and will ultimately be replaced by a new dock which is, by design, compatible with the nano.

FIFA 10 (Xbox 360)
FIFA 10 (Xbox 360)
Offered by clickforgamesltd

2.0 out of 5 stars Manager Schplanager, 27 Jan 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: FIFA 10 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Manager Mode is stuffed with annoying bugs. A quick interweb search will provide you with a list which includes players being transferred away from your team without negotiation or approval. I struggled myself silly to improve my failing Rotherham league 2 outfit in the summer transfer window, only to lose them all in January for reasons unknown.
Stats are now bugged so things like assists and stats from cup games no longer register. Basic errors. The testers need testing.
However, in the lower leagues on the hardest level the struggle to get up the table seems very real for this player and the addiction for a man my age is disturbing.
Love the gameplay, annoyed that they can't get all the other stuff right after several years of updating the various modes, particularly manager mode, which in places, has deteriorated.

Igenix 16" Oscillating Pedestal (stand) Fan
Igenix 16" Oscillating Pedestal (stand) Fan

4.0 out of 5 stars Who needs air con., 25 Aug 2009
Twas a blistering summer's afternoon and as the newly hired part time secretary / part time model sauntered half sideways and all hips along through the office corridor one could feel the air temperature rise further. She paused by the water cooler and with one beautifull manicured porcelain hand, swept back over her those beautiful blonde curls whilst the other simultaneously tilted the plastic cup toward plump fresh looking strawberry lips.
I noticed a bead of sweat drip down past my temple and then another moistening my brow as she bent over for a refill.

It was at this moment that I realised a 16" oscillating fan may be just the job to cool myself down a bit. The Air Con consequences didn't bear thinking about - notably, a potential reduction in strawberry blonde office appearances at the water cooler lengthening an already long day. No, no - a fan it would be.

Keeping cool in the prescence of hot women has always been something of a dream, but with the Igenix 16" Oscillating Pedestal Fan now here, this dream has indeed become a reality.

Thank you, Igenix and thank you Amazon.

I love you all.

(NB: it does have a bit of a wobble on setting number 3, hence only 4 stars)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 1, 2010 1:24 PM BST

Snakes & Arrows [Jewelcase Version]
Snakes & Arrows [Jewelcase Version]

4.0 out of 5 stars better than Vapor Trails!, 24 May 2007
Aside from One Little Victory, Vapor Trails left me cold. This, on the other hand, is thumpingly good. Like a revamped Farewell To Kings (acoustic guitars springing up all over the shop) but way better than that effort. Sounds great, loads of sing-in-the-shower melodies. Tracks 12-13 are a bit pointless, making it a little overlong, but this detracts only slightly from it's overall ooomph. Disappointed with Vapor Trails / Test For Echo / Counterparts? Fear not, Rush fans - this selection of choones beats those three all over the park. Roll on October @ Wembley.