Profile for hilarychrissarah > Reviews

Ever After
Ever After
Price: 1.49

2.0 out of 5 stars Kill her off for good, Kim, 19 July 2014
This review is from: Ever After (Kindle Edition)
I read a number of the early books in this series. They had a freshness and vitality that held my attention. However after the first few the series started to become repetitive. In search of holiday reading I thought to try a more recent book in the series, hence "Ever After". It did fill the holiday hole - just about - although I haven't actually finished it and I am not sure I ever will. I found myself wondering if this was ghost written as both the prose and the imagination seemed to have deteriorated. At least it was cheapish on Kindle. Would I read another one - probably not. I would hope Kim Harrison will find her muse again, but maybe that will mean leaving this series behind. Kill her off for good, Kim!

All-Green 8 Litre Biobag Compostable Kitchen Caddy Liners Food Waste Bin Liners, 150 Bags
Price: 12.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Good size. Good price., 2 April 2014
These bags save washing out the local authority food waste box. They also make it easier for the bin men to empty the food waste bin and save on the smells. Cheaper than Sainsbury. Reliable delivery. We use 7 or 8 bags a week.

St John Ambulance Vinyl Powder-Free Gloves Large (Box of 100)
St John Ambulance Vinyl Powder-Free Gloves Large (Box of 100)
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good strong Vinyl gloves., 2 April 2014
I chose these initially on price. I use them for housework, cat litter, pet clean-up and for delicate gardening when ordinary garden gloves are too thick. They are strong enough to re-use.

Pathfinder Technologies Professional Pointed sharp tip STAINLESS STEEL Tweezers. Comes with a life time guarantee
Offered by Pathfinder Technologies
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant piece of kit!, 2 April 2014
I have has a lot of thorns in my hands from gardening. Recently one got infected. I couldn't get it out with a sterilised needle and the doctor didn't offer to do it for me. I had to have a course of antibiotics. I ordered this in hope and was delighted to be able to pull out the thorn with it very simply. The tip was just right for the job.

Braun Thermoscan Lens Filters x 200
Braun Thermoscan Lens Filters x 200
Offered by Nightingale Nursing Supplies
Price: 10.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value and arrived quickly., 2 April 2014
these lens filters are necessary once you have bought the ear thermometer. Its a bit like replacing the cartridges on a laser printer. That's where the manufacturers make their money - not on the ear thermometer itself. Anyway this was the best price I could find.

Liquorice Torpedoes - 250g
Liquorice Torpedoes - 250g

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed., 2 April 2014
This review is from: Liquorice Torpedoes - 250g (Misc.)
Wanted some old fashioned liquorice torpedoes. These looked good and weer a good price. However the outer coating was very hard and they felt stale - old rather than old-fashioned - and much larger than I remembered. Apart from the first one, they went in the bin.

250 Food / Freezer Bags - 225mm x 350mm (9" x 14")
250 Food / Freezer Bags - 225mm x 350mm (9" x 14")
Offered by Dealsdirect247
Price: 3.20

4.0 out of 5 stars Sainsbury stopped doing basic food bags so I tried these., 2 April 2014
these are cheaper than the Sainsbury basics used to be. (Anyone else think Sainsbury is replacing cheaper things with more expensive ones - is this going upmarket or up profit?). However they are a bit flimsy and I have ruined quite a few by ripping the bottom of the bag when I tear it off the roll. Not sure if I will buy them again.

NEW LONG SHACKLE WATER PROOF PADLOCK - SOLID STEEL HEAVY DUTY - 2 KEYS WITH EACH LOCK - PROTECTIVE CAP ON KEYHOLE - HOME SECURITY / GARDEN / GARAGES / SHEDS / ANYWHERE OUTDOORS - WEATHER PROOF PADLOCKS

3.0 out of 5 stars I got the size wrong., 2 April 2014
Seems a good strong padlock with a key. I forget the numbers on the button ones so I like keys.

The shackle has the length I need but is too thick to go through the catch I want to lock. I didn't realise how hard it is to buy a padlock of the right size online. Ended up going to B&Q as visual inspection was necessary to get the right size. More expensive but it will do the job.

White Classic Small Shoe Horn fits in your Bag only 99p
White Classic Small Shoe Horn fits in your Bag only 99p
Offered by the-home-fusion-company
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Its a useful cheap classic shoehorn., 2 April 2014
Useful for putting shoes on provided you can reach far enough down to use it. Recommended for that purpose - what more to say!

New England 2 Wooden Bed - Double Bed Frame
New England 2 Wooden Bed - Double Bed Frame
Offered by Discount-Beds-Direct
Price: 236.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money., 2 April 2014
Bed arrived today. Easy to assemble and looks good. Delivery date was easy to arrange by phone. Good price. Minor issues listed below.
- delivery is any time on the day and that means anytime in the day (no phonecalls to say 1 hour away etc), a day waiting for the doorbell to ring.
. - delivery is to front door only so do not expect any help beyond that
- Company warns you not to sign for it before checking you have received it all and to write "damaged" on sheet if not checked. Implication is that getting redress will otherwise be very difficult. Package was delivered to me with some damage to packaging. Writing the word damaged on the receipt screen is very difficult. I managed "pac ripped" but the "K" wouldn't write.
- The company says that products are carefully checked before packaging and dispatch. There was a minor chip on the paint work and an obvious crack where a piece of wood had been jointed and not properly concealed but none of this was spotted until we had started assembly and there are warnings on the box of no refund once assembly has begun unless there are faults. No evident connection between this and the damaged packaging. Easier to live with these minor problems than repack and try to send back, especially as old bed already moved!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8