Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn more Shop now Shop now
Profile for BC > Reviews

Content by BC

BC "BC"

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Sunny Side Up
Sunny Side Up

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 6 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Sunny Side Up (Audio CD)
This album is brilliant just like his first album, at first I was a bit shocked at the complete contrast to the first album but now I just can't stop listenting to it. The honesty, integrity and humor in the lyrics is a breath of fresh air.

Songs Of Leonard Cohen
Songs Of Leonard Cohen

5.0 out of 5 stars Timeless Classic, 17 Dec. 2008
This review is from: Songs Of Leonard Cohen (Audio CD)
I first heard this album as a teenager, impressionable and open-minded. There is no doubt that Leonard Cohen is a poet with extraordinary depth and passion. The songs never seem to get old as I listen to them 30 years later and I am amazed how they still sound so fresh, I suppose that's the genius that Leonard Cohen. Don't drink a bottle of vodka and leave razor blades around the house though; it's not a happy Mondays album!!!

Hearts In Armor
Hearts In Armor
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Trisha Yearwood album you could buy, 10 Aug. 2008
This review is from: Hearts In Armor (Audio CD)
I personally believe that this album is Trisha's finest hour. The material on this album created by Beth Nielson Chapman, Jude Johnson and Garth Brooks, among many others is about as good as it gets for new country music. The artists I have just mentioned are all legends in their own right, they can sing their own material as good as anyone else. What matters about his album is the honesty and integrity that Trisha brings to these songs. Her perfect pitch voice and voice control is bordering on perfection. She is simply one of the best country stars of all time! Of course just don't take my word for it; the fact is that she is one of the best selling female country artists of all time.

I have been lucky to see Trisha perform twice in Manchester UK, and she sounds as good in live performance as she does on record, not many artists can do that! If ever you wanted an introduction to Trisha's work you couldn't ask for a better introduction to her than this album. My favorite track - Nearest Distant Shore, backing vocals by Garth Brooks, it's a measure of this albums potency, and maybe the connection they made together that made them want to be married to each other.

I hope you enjoy it!

Hearts in Armour
Hearts in Armour
Offered by Todays Great Deal

5.0 out of 5 stars New Country at its best, 10 Aug. 2008
This review is from: Hearts in Armour (Audio CD)

I have been lucky to see Trisha perform twice in Manchester UK, and she sounds as good in live performance as she does on record, not many artists can do that! If ever you wanted an introduction to Trisha's work you couldn't ask for more than this album.

I hope you enjoy it!

What Color Is Love
What Color Is Love

5.0 out of 5 stars Smooooooth Jazz and Soul from a master craftsman, 10 Aug. 2008
This review is from: What Color Is Love (Audio CD)
I was a latecomer to Terry Callier's music first hearing him on the Massive Attack single Come Live With Me and I was bowled over with his voice and the song. Then I bought What Color Is Love to here more of him and I could not believe that this singer had been on the fringe of music for so long. His voice is so smooth and velvety it's perfection, some of the songs are on the Teddy Pendergrass side of soul but I cannot recommend this CD enough, best played late at night with the one you love and a glass of velvety smooth wine! I really hope that Terry finds a wider audience for his music which is of the highest quality and his writing is top notch too.

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (Two-Disc Special Edition) [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ Johnny Depp
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

1.0 out of 5 stars complete rubbish, 2 Dec. 2007
this film is utter rubbish compared with the previous two episodes. Its high on effects and low on story and content which is typical of a lot of movies these days. To be honest its a waste of money and a big let down on the triolgy.

Best 1991-2004 [2CD Set: Hits & Acoustic]
Best 1991-2004 [2CD Set: Hits & Acoustic]
Offered by stevecaptainkirk

2.0 out of 5 stars Watch out, 10 Jan. 2006
OK, the first thing you need to know about this CD is that the recordings are NOT the originals. To take nothing away from the songs or the artist, there is nothing worse when buying a greatest hits/songs cd than finding out they are not original recordings. You lose all sense of time and perspective of the artist when all the songs are re-recorded at pretty much the same time in the same tempo and same style. The CD clearly states original versions of the hits but I already have most of the original Albums and these recordings are not originals.
I am a big admirer of Seal and I like all his work but I feel seriously ripped off and I am going to return this cd. If Seal wants to re-record all his work like this then fine but, call it something like re-hashed versions of my old songs and not The Best of Seal (Original Recordings)!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 7, 2008 8:29 PM GMT

Tubular Bells 2003 [DVD AUDIO]
Tubular Bells 2003 [DVD AUDIO]

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Audio DVD, 13 Jan. 2005
I first heard Tubular Bells as a teenager in the seventies and although I heard it many times with friends I never bought it. Later on I bought Tubular Bells II on CD and love it so much I have played it constantly.
I bought some decent kit a few years ago and lately a new high end DVD player. I have a few DVD Audio disks but up until now I wasn't one of the converted.
That is until I bough this DVD recently and was blown away with the depth and detail of this recording. The Dolby Digital tracks are outstanding probably because all the top equipment has been used in the studio to give the best possible results. Each track has been re-recorded and reproduced true to the original recording which makes it even better.
If you have some decent kit at home then give this disk a go - you won't be disappointed.

Basic Economics: A Citizen's Guide to the Economy
Basic Economics: A Citizen's Guide to the Economy
by Thomas Sowell

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent starter book on Economics, 30 April 2001
I have never been really interested in reading about Economics but a chance mention of the excellent writing by Thomas Sowell led me to select this his latest book. Once I started to read it I couldn't put it down. I think everyone who is capable of reading, especially politicians should study this book and learn from it. After reading and digesting the subject one wonders why we really need politicians. In fact I have reached the conclusion that we don't and that the only purpose of government is to grow and protect government. Politicians are needed to protect politicians and to create political jobs and so on forever regressing into a nightmare of escalating costs at the expense of those who actually create something of value.
The logic applied to the subject of price control is superb. He systematically destroys the argument that rent control creates low cost housing for everyone and goes on to demonstrate that time and time again it creates homelessness and housing shortages. Yet governments do it because it's popular with voters!!!
This book is easy to read and understand and I recommend it to anyone who is interested or inquisitive about the subject. Although Sowell refers mainly to the US economy, essentially it relates to any country where free market dynamics exist.

People Skills: How to Assert Yourself, Listen to Others and Resolve Conflicts
People Skills: How to Assert Yourself, Listen to Others and Resolve Conflicts
by Robert Bolton

5.0 out of 5 stars YOU MUST READ THIS BOOK, 10 Jan. 2001
This book is simple to understand, truthful and full of good communication skills. I have read many books on dealing with people but this is the best. If the Bible is THE book for the religous then this is the Bible for people who seek better relationships. You will never regret this purchase!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3