Profile for G. A. Williams > Reviews

Content by G. A. Williams

G. A. Williams "dougs" (london UK)

Irène: Book One of the Brigade Criminelle Trilogy (Verhoeven Trilogy 2)
Irène: Book One of the Brigade Criminelle Trilogy (Verhoeven Trilogy 2)
by Pierre Lemaitre

2.0 out of 5 stars book 1 being passed off as book 2, 29 Oct. 2014
Its actually the first book - retro fitted into the trilogy by the publisher, on the back of the English success of Alex..... SO YOU KNOW HOW IT ENDS!!!!!....

Don't mind the book too much..... its not as good as Alex (great stuff).... but as it dawns on you that its actually before the setting of Alex - the tension goes out the window. Mostly pissed off by being "duped" by the publisher!

Also the clever literary games - well I missed, or mostly missed.... and were pointed out to me by my wife (who is more intelligent that I am) (clearly!)

Samsung UE40ES7000 40 -inch LCD 1080 pixels 800 Hz 3D TV
Samsung UE40ES7000 40 -inch LCD 1080 pixels 800 Hz 3D TV

1.0 out of 5 stars I would advise not buying this tv., 1 May 2013
I bought this tv. I am returning it.

I tried every combination of picture settings, but always the picture (while seriously hi-def) looked plastic/digital, with a weird depth of field that was headache inducing.

I was very disappointed.... and asked for advice. The tech guys at John Lewis said that they had similar complaints about this model, and believe it is something to do with the way this generation of Samsungs TVs are processing their picture.

I will buy a new tv.