Profile for N. ALAOUI > Reviews

Content by N. ALAOUI

N. ALAOUI "nadia" (Surrey England)

Dido Elizabeth Belle: A Biography
Dido Elizabeth Belle: A Biography
by Fergus Mason

1.0 out of 5 stars VERY DISAPPOINTING! I almost thought I had the wrong ..., 18 July 2014
VERY DISAPPOINTING! I almost thought I had the wrong book because it was only half way through that Dido and her mother were mentioned at all. It was mostly a book about shipping in the day. And even when speaking about her it was mostly "perhaps", "probably" , "possibly" etc. I had hoped the book would continue the story as told in the film but that is not the case. It is also a very slim book as mentioned above mostly about shipping etc.

Reflections on Nelson Mandela
Reflections on Nelson Mandela
by Antoinette Haselhorst

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully captured sayings from many people about an inspirational human being. Very humbling., 12 Jan. 2014
I heard a radio interview by the author of this beautiful book, photographer Antoinette Haselhorst. It did not disappoint. The book is delicately but movingly produced and is the perfect gift if you are trying to help someone going through a difficult time. I loved it so much I did not want to give it away!