Profile for Shuna > Reviews

Canon MX725 A4 Inkjet Multifunction Printer
Canon MX725 A4 Inkjet Multifunction Printer
Offered by Niche Office Solutions Ltd - Bradford

2.0 out of 5 stars Seriously pricey to run! Is it worth it? No, 22 Oct. 2014
Amazed at the cost of running this printer; even when buying the high capacity cartridges the cost is astronomical and I try to avoid using it for colour or for mono printing. Fortunately I have a mono laser printer as the default machine. I bought this to replace a faithful Canon Pixma MP630 but there is no comparison. Quality of colour printing is OK but the machine is very much slower. OK the MX725 has a useful document feed for scanning multiple pages but that doesn't make up for the ink problem or the speed.
It is now October 2014 and I bought this in June 2014. I now find that the paper output tray does not close properly - I have to fold in the support before the door will close.
Setup was smooth and I must admit that it is useful for wireless printing from my iPad.
Seriously thinking of attempting to return this. If you are considering purchasing - check your bank balance - running costs are huge!

Samsung M2825DW Xpress Mono Laser Printer
Samsung M2825DW Xpress Mono Laser Printer
Offered by sotel-electronics

4.0 out of 5 stars Power switch, 24 Jan. 2014
Delighted with the print quality; bought this to replace Samsung ML2850D. Setting up was reasonably easy but I haven't yet managed to set up the WiFi connection. Couldn't understand why the duplex facility wasn't functioning until I read the manual and realised that I needed to set my iMac for duplex - didn't need to do this with the 2850D. The manual also suggests that if using the duplex setting for multiple copies it is advisable to print just one copy at a time. This is absolutely no use to me - I do lots of duplex printing, 20 or more copies each time; can't be printing one at a time! However, I disregarded this advise and have had no problems with the printing. One more strange thing about the machine is that there is no power switch. I can put the machine to sleep but not power off completely, so have to unplug it. As I'm not a technical expert I may have missed something here.
The main point is that I'm very happy with the quality of printing and the duplex works well. Eventually, when I have more time, I shall give the WiFi another try.
Delivery was on the correct day but late in the day and as we'd waited in all day it was a somewhat waste of our time and as retirees, every day is very special.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 25, 2014 8:43 PM GMT

Breville VKJ318 Hot Cup with Variable Dispenser, Black
Breville VKJ318 Hot Cup with Variable Dispenser, Black
Offered by ARMCO

3.0 out of 5 stars Now the newness has worn off, 4 Dec. 2012
It's now two months since we bought the One Cup. Initially it was amazing and I was delighted at the thought of cutting down the bills. It did take a few days for the taste to neutralise from the plasticky taste of a new machine. Now however, we have had to admit that we can't make a good cup of tea or coffee; the water simply is not hot enough, OneCup - 79.4°C, Kettle - 90°C (measured immediately in the teapot) and so it's back to the kettle again. I do use the Onecup for hot water for vegetables and other small tasks but for a decent cuppa - no way!

HannsG "New York" 19" Widescreen LCD TFT Monitor, Black, 1440x900, 5ms, HDMI, VGA, Speakers, Height Adjust, Swivel, 700:1

2.0 out of 5 stars Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!, 26 Sept. 2008
In my eyes, this monitor is UGLY! It looks cheap, sounds cheap and I suppose was cheap when compared with my smaller Samsung monitor that I needed to replace with a larger screen. I could forget the appearance of the whole if my documents were clear and easy to work with but the print is fuzzy despite the efforts that I have made to improve things. This monitor does not work well with DTP, which is what the majority of my work is.
With hindsight I would have spent an extra £15o rather than have to put up with this monitor day after day. I made a very big mistake when buying this; it may be good for gaming but not for producing documents.

Philips HD4666/22 Gloss Metal Kettle 1.7lt 3000w
Philips HD4666/22 Gloss Metal Kettle 1.7lt 3000w

2.0 out of 5 stars Ooops!, 1 Dec. 2007
I can only think that either I've been very unlucky or the manufacturers have written their own reviews. I haven't been happy with this kettle since the day I received it. It is very difficult and time consuming to fill through the spout as the water gushes out if there is any decent flow from the tap; hence, I've always lifted the lid to fill the kettle. Now, just 7 months later, the lid has broken off; broken, not just become displaced. I wish that I'd gone for the Morphy Richards Opera model that I was replacing - I even miss the whistling!