Profile for supergolden88 > Reviews

Content by supergolden88

supergolden88

Cooks Professional Premium Electric Rotary Waffle Maker 180° Rotating - 920 Watts. (Red)

5.0 out of 5 stars Waffle perfection, 16 Jun. 2015
Although I already own a waffle maker I wanted one that makes the really thick 'Belgian' waffles. I bought this on the recommendation of Good Housekeeping magazine and I have to say WOW! The first time we used it we got perfect, fluffy on the inside and crisp on the outside, waffles. They surpassed all expectations. I can't wait to use this with different recipes and branch out to waffle hash browns, brownies, falafels... The sky is the limit. Highly recommended.

Dexam Classic British Biscuit Cookie Cutters - Set of 4 - 17851061
Dexam Classic British Biscuit Cookie Cutters - Set of 4 - 17851061
Offered by Emporium Cookshop & Homewares

5.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgia bites!, 16 Jun. 2015
Perfect for creating Jammy Dodgers, Custard Creams, Bourbon Creams and Party Rings – the cutters have all the intricate details of the classic biscuits and are fun to use. Make sure your dough is well chilled and the cutters dusted with plenty of flour. A fun addition to my never-ending cookie cutter collection and a good gift for baking fanatics. See photos of the biscuits on my blog http://www.supergoldenbakes.com/2015/06/classic-british-biscuits-jammy-dodgers.html

CostMad ® 11 Piece Baking Cupcake Birthday Wedding Party Cake Cookie Cake Decorating Multi Coloured Frosting Icing Desert Gift Set
Offered by worldofbargain888

1.0 out of 5 stars Good in theory, 13 Jun. 2012
This product is great in theory and cheap. However the items are very cheaply made. Within one use two of the bottles split which resulted in icing all over the place. The concertina bottles work best but are too small to ice anything big. I should have spent more money to buy a better product

I Love to Bake
I Love to Bake
by Tana Ramsay

4.0 out of 5 stars I Love to Bake, 26 Jan. 2012
This review is from: I Love to Bake (Hardcover)
This book has a very misleading title. I expected a book filled with cake recipes but instead got a book that includes recipes both sweet and savoury and some not what I would classify as 'baking'. In many ways it is reminiscent of "Fay's Family Food" and I think it is very much a family food book filled with tasty recipes that can be enjoyed en famille. As a mother of two I find that very appealing.

Unlike some of the other reviewers I found the photography, simple in it's styling, very appealing and fitting to the title. However I have to say that apart from a deceptive title the book also boasts a pretty bad cover - it looks like a book that has been cobbled together using recipes from other books - very downmarket. The design inside has the same feel - looks like it should belong to a bargain bin book with it's unsophisticated font and extremely simple design.

Quibbles about the design aside, I have enjoyed reading the book and cooking from it as well. The bakewell tray bake was absolutely delicious as was the mushroom and taleggio tart. And even though some of the recipes are simple hearty family food there is enough choice here to make more impressive dinner party food (the pavlova for example wowed my guests although I had to substitute the nectarines with mixed berries). I have earmarked several recipes to try and in fact it would be quite easy to build a weekly family menu with the recipes in this book.

Leon: Baking & Puddings
Leon: Baking & Puddings
by Henry Dimbleby

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring and beautiful book, 3 Nov. 2011
First a confession. I am a bit of a baking fanatic. I have countless baking and pudding books and like to try new recipes as often as I can. Leon: Baking & Puddings is the heftiest of my baking books at more than 300 pages. It is also one of the best designed: the layout is clean and easy to follow but fun with lots of lovely little elements and a sort of homey scrapbook feel. The books is divided into two parts (everyday and celebration) but there's a lot of sub chapters such as chocolate, baking with children, breads etc. There's also a very good intro section with tips and techniques which I recommend even seasoned bakers to read - I learned a lot about using somewhat unusual ingredients.

The book is a really good read. I am not really comfortable making bread but after reading through the bread section I was very inspired to try something new (sourdough starter). There's many classic recipes with 'Leon' twists added - the ingredients tweaked or method adjusted. But there's also a lot new (to me at least) recipes.

So far I have made the Halloween Biscuits with my daughter which we then decorated at her Halloween party - huge success and tons of fun. The pumpkin pie was also fantastic, wonderful autumny flavour and very moreish - the tricky part was finding the tinned purreed pumpkin. The Life by Chocolate cake however tops it all. My husband made it for my birthday and as there's pictures for every step of the recipe process it was a doddle to make. It was beyond delicious and I have never seen a 'cake' (no flour in it) dissapear so quickly. I am very keen to try more recipes and have the lemon bars in mind...