Profile for Kentishbookworm > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
The Great British Tuck Shop
The Great British Tuck Shop

4.0 out of 5 stars Sweet Nostalgia, 3 May 2015
A nostalgia filled book on all the things in school tuck shops - sweets, crisps, fizzy pop and ice cream. Really enjoyed it, highly recommended!

Locke & Key Vol. 6: Alpha & Omega (Locke & Key Volume)
Locke & Key Vol. 6: Alpha & Omega (Locke & Key Volume)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Final Installment, 10 Nov. 2014
What a great ending to a fantastic series! I would recommend the whole Locke and Key saga to anyone who likes Joe Hill's novels. It's brilliant!

The Book of Royal Useless Information: A Funny and Irreverent Look at The British Royal Family Past and Present

4.0 out of 5 stars Royal Facts, 25 Aug. 2014
An interesting, easy read, good to dip in and out of. It covers a wide range of Royals from William I to our current Queen and her family. Enjoyed it very much indeed.

The Little Book of the 1960s
The Little Book of the 1960s

4.0 out of 5 stars 60's Trivia, 21 Jun. 2014
A nice easy read full of facts about life in the 1960s. I learned some interesting things about the swinging sixties that I hadn't known before. Good to dip into.

The Queen: History in an Hour
The Queen: History in an Hour

4.0 out of 5 stars The Queen, 27 April 2014
It does what it says on the tin - a good, basic rundown of the life of Queen Elizabeth II.

The Little Book of London
The Little Book of London

4.0 out of 5 stars The Little Book of London, 13 April 2014
A nice, quick, easy read. I found out lots of things about London that I hand' known before. Just one error - it states that Mary Queen of Scots was sent to the Tower on 2nd May 1536, when in fact it was Anne Boleyn. Apart from that, very good.

My Dear I Wanted to Tell You
My Dear I Wanted to Tell You

5.0 out of 5 stars My Dear I Wanted to Tell You, 10 Mar. 2014
A great book set during WWI which had me gripped from start to finish. I cared about the characters and it really brings the horror of the frontline in WWI to life.
Highly recommended.

Radio Days [DVD]
Radio Days [DVD]
Dvd ~ Mia Farrow
Offered by rsdvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Radio Days, 22 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Radio Days [DVD] (DVD)
A great film, going back to the golden age of radio. It just gives me a warm fuzzy feeling watching it. Nostalgic, and a great soundtrack too.

The Box of Delights [DVD] [1984]
The Box of Delights [DVD] [1984]
Dvd ~ Patrick Troughton

5.0 out of 5 stars A Christmas Must-See, 22 Feb. 2014
As a child of the seventies/eighties this was a slice of pure nostalgia. It's a great story, though the special effects are showing their age.

The Colorado Kid
The Colorado Kid

5.0 out of 5 stars Colorado Kid, 22 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The Colorado Kid (Kindle Edition)
A great book showing just how great a writer Stephen King is. It's a slim story but King writes the characters so well. Brilliant!

Page: 1 | 2