Profile for Mr. A. Palmer > Reviews

Content by Mr. A. Palmer

Mr. A. Palmer "bertpalmer" (Bristol)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
USB desktop Sync Charge Cradle Dock Station Compatible Charger with Iphone 6 4.7 / iphone 6 4.7 inch with usb cable by pjp electronics®
Offered by PJP ELECTRONICS

4.0 out of 5 stars This is really good. Links up to the mac via a USB ..., 22 Dec. 2014
After a cheap iPhone 6 cradle? This is really good.

Links up to the mac via a USB wire included. Charges and syncs.

I do receive messages that say this able or accessory is not certified and may not work reliably with this iPhone' - but it still charges which is all I want/need it for so it's not a problem.

It is very lightweight, I have had to stick it to my desk.

It fits my iPhone 6 with a clear silicone case on it.

TP-Link PA411KIT AV500 500 Mbps Powerline Adapter Starter Kit- Twin Pack
TP-Link PA411KIT AV500 500 Mbps Powerline Adapter Starter Kit- Twin Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Total winner!, 9 Dec. 2014
Works like a charm - my Virgin Superb is upstairs, and this thing gets me the exact same speeds downstairs, on the other side of my house in the kitchen. I plug it in to an airport express (so I can airplay to my kitchen stereo) and have wireless in my kitchen.

iRobot Roomba 620 Vacuum Cleaning Robot, White/Black
iRobot Roomba 620 Vacuum Cleaning Robot, White/Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone will have one of these in 3 years, 16 Oct. 2014
Absolutely brilliant. We are renovating our house and it gets so so dusty. We have a Dyson (which is great) but I am sick of hoovering each room every other day as the work means our house gets very very dusty. I have a friend who has a roomba and recommended it to me and I am stunned at how good it is. It does a 95% job of picking everything up. Obviously it can't do stairs but it does our carpets and wooden floors really really well.

Negatives - it requires cleaning from time to time, hair gets tangled in the brush and dust can build up
Positives - quite quiet for a vacuum cleaner, recharges itself, doesn't damage anything, quite good battery life for it's size, cleans REALLY well

Yousave Accessories iPhone 6 Case Ultra Thin Clear Silicone Gel Cover
Yousave Accessories iPhone 6 Case Ultra Thin Clear Silicone Gel Cover
Offered by Yousave Accessories

4.0 out of 5 stars Great case, only one flaw, 4 Oct. 2014
Really nice! Fits the iPhone 6 well. Has a nice feel and is nice to hold. Screen protector is nice.

Only negative is that the power and volume buttons need to be pressed a little harder than normal for them to work.

AmazonBasics Lightning Car Charger for iPhone, iPad and iPod (2.1 Amp Output) Apple-certified

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price., 4 Oct. 2014
Great item! Ok, I've only used it for a day but it works faultlessly. Charges the phone quickly and looks quite nice. The cable is 'short' but my iPhone 6 docks right where my stereo is so there isn't miles of wasted cable. It will stretch further... But it might not be ideal if you store your device far away (obviously.)

300g Undyed Raffia Bundle - Natural in bag for Gift Wrapping, Floristry, Floral, Flowers, Bouquets, Hampers, Decoration, Arts & Crafts
Offered by Sigsworths Florist Sundries

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 Sept. 2014
Brilliant! Quick delivery, perfect length and good quality.

Think Tank Airport Security V2.0 Rolling Case
Think Tank Airport Security V2.0 Rolling Case

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly well made. Whilst I knew it was expensive ..., 15 Sept. 2014
Incredibly well made. Whilst I knew it was expensive I wasn't prepared for how well made and durable it is. Whilst I haven't been using it that much you can tell that this thing will take a beating and hold up to it.

Gran Turismo 6 (PS3)
Gran Turismo 6 (PS3)
Offered by 101Trading

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh. More of the same...., 21 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Gran Turismo 6 (PS3) (Video Game)
Okay, the game is good, but if you've been playing GT5 up until now, then GT6 is basically the same.

I personally found the graphics a little disappointing, they seem to have reverted to some of the original graphics but they just look dated.

It's not very difficult. I'm coming close to completing the game, and I can count the amount of times I haven't come first in a race on one hand.

Pros: New cars, new tracks.

Biggest disappointment? No McLaren P1. This makes me sad.

To sum up: if you haven't played GT5 then I'm sure you'll get on with this, and if you did own GT5 then it's pretty much more of the same.

Bose ® Companion ® 5 Multimedia Speaker System
Bose ® Companion ® 5 Multimedia Speaker System

5.0 out of 5 stars So good, 28 Feb. 2014
I've owned this for 2 years now and it is SUCH a good sound system for my mac.

I am hesitant to give it 4 stars because I think it is a little overpriced, but I guess you're paying for that Bose brand and I don't regret paying what I did.

I'm no audiophile but I do listen to a lot of music and movies at my computer and when you crank up the sound it sounds phenomenal. The hockey puck controller is also brilliant, and I tend to use it as much as the volume keys on my keyboard.

What I particularly like is the stereo/pretend 5.1 system - if you place the speakers as advised you get remarkably good surround sound.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 4, 2014 4:25 PM GMT

Mountek nGroove Universal CD Slot Mount for Cell Phones and GPS Devices
Mountek nGroove Universal CD Slot Mount for Cell Phones and GPS Devices
Offered by MOUNTEK USA

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 23 Feb. 2014
I bought this for my Mercedes C220 and it is great. I didn't really want anything on the windscreen, as sometimes I use a SatNav and having two things up there can be a little annoying, especially if you have charging cables etc.

What do I like?
Fits straight in to the CD player and is rock solid. Even driving around corners fast this thing does not move. The mechanism to change it from portrait to landscape is also really good and again, solid. You can also angle it towards the driver which makes choosing tracks etc really simple.

What don't I like?
Well on my car the fitting obscures the stereo on/off button and volume. This isn't a big deal really, although when fixed it does lean firm against the knob/dial - I don't think there is a way around this - but again, it's not a big deal. I also have some conern whether this damages or marks the CD player? Because it screws in so tightly I would imagine that over it may warp the plastic? Again, this is a bit of a dumb comment as it hasn't happened, but is a little worry.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5