Profile for Becky > Reviews

Content by Becky

Becky (Nottingham , England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
I Let You Go
I Let You Go
by Clare Mackintosh

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh this book was fantastic. Read it in one day because I just ..., 25 May 2015
This review is from: I Let You Go (Paperback)
Oh this book was fantastic. Read it in one day because I just could not put it down. It would make an amazing film. I keep thinking about it now and want to urge everyone to read it. Very impressive debut novel..clever and engaging and powerful

Getting Over Jesse Franklin
Getting Over Jesse Franklin

5.0 out of 5 stars I absolutely loved this book, 18 May 2015
I absolutely loved this book. It is classic chick lit and the perfect holiday read. A story I can certainly relate too with a boy band crush of my own that I still haven't *quite* grown out of. A book about friendship, music, love, memories and second chances. Oh and dreams coming true! A great read.

Mine for Gems - Dig Out 10 Real Gemstone Treasures!
Mine for Gems - Dig Out 10 Real Gemstone Treasures!
Offered by Discover with Dr. Cool

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 28 Feb. 2015
Absolutely great fun and the gemstones are lovely quality

Bella Boo and Bloomer Fen
Bella Boo and Bloomer Fen
by Sebastian Hockaday

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this., 18 Jan. 2015
Loved this.... sweet, colourful vibrant and a very positive message, what more could you want in a picture book!

Taming the Tiger Parent: How to put your child's well-being first in a competitive world
by Tanith Carey

5.0 out of 5 stars Really positive and important!, 19 Sept. 2014
This book is really positive; it is filled with strategies for raising children’s self esteem and nurturing them.

I like how simple, doable yet effective these strategies are.

Tanith talks about the importance of making a home a sanctuary where a child can relax, where families eat together, where they can talk over their day. She discusses how research has proved that time away from screens, having a pet and exercising outside can help children feel better about themselves as well as be healthier.

She presents simple solutions to big problems that will benefit us all.It has challenged my parenting which had slipped into ‘pushy mum’ habit and it has pulled me back. But it hasn’t left me floundering, I now have strategies to cope. I think we may all be a bit more chilled out and a lot happier in both the present and the long term as a result.

Happy Hair - The definitive guide to giving up shampoo: Save money, ditch the toxins and release your hair's natural beauty with No Poo

5.0 out of 5 stars Convincing and funny!, 14 Aug. 2014
Lucy is an excellent writer, her amazing blogs Lulastic and Wonderthrift attest to that. She is funny, direct, speaks in an easy language we can all relate too and she is clear. This ebook is an easy, informative read that will also make you giggle.

Happy Hair covers the science of “No Poo” and has over thirty natural, gentle alternatives to commercial hair care products..many of them you will already have in you cupboards

Not using shampoo has many obvious benefits for thrifty types but it is also better for the environment and our hair (and according to some reports for eczema too!) . So its a win win win situation.

Lucy’s book is a great read and it is inspiring and convincing. I have met Lucy and she does indeed have fab hair.

The Playful Parent: 7 Ways to happier, calmer, more creative days with your under-fives
by Julia Deering

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun!, 14 Jun. 2014
This book is full of fun ideas, simple ideas and useful ideas. It will show you how to engage your kids when you have jobs to do, how to create invitations to play and to set up play very quickly. It encourages you to get involved and to make it easy for your child to access play independently too. It is a wise,fun and inspiring book and an easy, pleasant read.

How To Pay Less For More: The Consumer's Guide to Negotiating the Best Deals - Whatever You're Buying
by Marc Lockley

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 13 Nov. 2013
I really liked this book. It was very clear and gave lots of examples of how you could negotiate prices on practically everything. It left me feeling confident and prepared to get the best deal I could.
Fantastic, exactly what I wanted to learn from it. Marc writes in an engaging, entertaining way and this is a pleasure to read, not dry like many finance books.

Two Nests
Two Nests
by Laurence Anholt

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful, 4 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Two Nests (Paperback)
A very sweet and helpful book to explain to children why parents separate. Ultimately positive whilst still acknowledging the hurt feelings involved.

The Buccaneering Book of Pirates
The Buccaneering Book of Pirates
by Saviour Pirotta

5.0 out of 5 stars super, 15 Oct. 2013
Full of five exciting stories and a brilliant HUGE poster which will look just great on a bedroom wall. Fab

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6