Profile for Kindle Customer > Reviews

The Dream Cafe: Lessons in the Art of Radical Innovation
by Duncan Bruce

3.0 out of 5 stars Over written, 25 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Having recently been involved with a start up business I found this book quite useful and full of thinking points. It is not a definitive book, and may not be as much help to long established businesses, but it had good ideas and good pointers. It would be impossible to advise on all business models, so some of the book is irrelevant, but on the whole the book gave me a lot to think about and work on. However the writing style is a problem. I read a lot of nonfiction, and over the years have come to the realisation that if something is difficult to read, it is not me – it’s the writing. Best selling nonfiction has one thing in common – the writing is plain, clear and accessible to all. It is hard to recommend a book I, a graduate, interested in the subject, struggled to finish.

BecoThings Eco-Friendly Poo Bag Refills
BecoThings Eco-Friendly Poo Bag Refills

3.0 out of 5 stars would be better with handles, 25 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These bags are strong and big, and they fit into most dog poo bag holders so you can use the refills for whatever carrier you have. I have several different ones and these fit in all of them. My only problem is that I like the bags to be easy to tie – sometimes they are a bit messy, and I like to hook the tied bags over my fingers rather than clutch them for the rest of the walk. These bags do not have tie handles, so are difficult to tie, and you have to keep hold of them rather than hook them over a finger and forget about them, so I will probably be going back to my old bags once these are finished. If you use these bags for picking up poos in your garden and do not have to carry them for the rest of a long walk, they would be fine.

AmiGami Giraffe Figure
AmiGami Giraffe Figure

4.0 out of 5 stars fun for rainy afternoons, 26 Mar. 2015
This review is from: AmiGami Giraffe Figure (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is well made and good quality. It is fun to make up, and there are enough individual choices to be made so that no two figures should look the same. However I can’t quite see what you do next with the figure. The stickers are reusable so it can be changed around, but only if the little fingers doing the making are very careful. So it is not endlessly playable like lego for instance. It is also in reality not that creative. However the little girl I made this with loved it, and I have to say she had a very successful figure at the end. Adult help and supervision is needed for younger children, but this is great for rainy afternoons, and really needs no clearing up afterwards – a big plus.

Igenix IG7050 Cordless Jug Kettle 1,800 W - 1 L, Polished Stainless Steel
Igenix IG7050 Cordless Jug Kettle 1,800 W - 1 L, Polished Stainless Steel

3.0 out of 5 stars Check capacity is enough for you before you buy, 26 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a good kettle, does the job effectively and pours well. However it is small. I don’t think that think that this is really made clear on the product description. It is not travel size or cheap hotel size, but is not as big as the average kettle. If you live alone or only need a smaller kettle, this is perfect. It looks good, but take care if you are expecting a normal size kettle. Check that 1ltr capacity is enough for you before you buy.

Revlon Super Lustrous Matte Lipstick - 4.2 g, Nude Attitude
Revlon Super Lustrous Matte Lipstick - 4.2 g, Nude Attitude

3.0 out of 5 stars not my colour, 26 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have got dark hair and pale skin. This was not for me. The colour looks terrible on, and I didn’t really like the coverage. However I’m sure most purchases of makeup on Amazon are repeat purchases of favourite products because no one would buy make up without trying it first, would they?? The price and convenience of buying on line is perfect, but only buy what you know will suit you.

AATU 80/20 Chicken Dog Food, 1.5 Kg
AATU 80/20 Chicken Dog Food, 1.5 Kg

5.0 out of 5 stars My Dog's favourite dry food ever., 26 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was very sceptical at first when this arrived and I had a look at the ingredients which include “Chicory, Tapioca, Apple, Pear, Cranberry, Blueberry, Mulberry, Orange, Bilberry, Cowberry, Parsley, Peppermint, Spirulina, Seaweed, Oregano, Sage, Marjoram, Thyme, Chamomile, Rosehip, Stinging Nettle, Yucca, Marigold, Aniseed, Fenugreek, and Cinnamon ” for heavens sake, this is dog food. However my slightly fussy Jack Russell, who usually leaves his dry food to munch during the day, absolutely loves this. He eats it all with great gusto, sniffing around to see if he has missed any bits. There appears to be nothing in this that he shouldn’t be eating – sugar etc, so I have to give this 5 stars based solely on how much my dog loves it, and my careful reading of the ingredients list.

Revlon ColorBurst Lacquer Balm Stain - Demure
Revlon ColorBurst Lacquer Balm Stain - Demure

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely product, wrong shade for me., 27 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a lovely product, nicely packaged, goes on well, feels lovely on the lips, slight minty tingle. It makes my lips glossy and is very easy to apply. However on me it has no colour at all, just the same colour as my lips with a hint of a sparkle, so I feel a cheaper lip balm would do the job equally well. I think this would be much better for me with a bit more colour. I am happy with the product though and would buy it in a different shade.

Flick Spot-on Flea Treatment
Flick Spot-on Flea Treatment

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good..., 27 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this product for my larger dog. It appears to be very similar to the more expensive product only available through a prescription from my vet. It is very easy to apply, each dose coming in its own “applicator”. The dog was happy and no signs of allergy etc. However the biggest test of this product is whether it stops the fleas and ticks. I have to review this product in January when there is no flea problem in my area, so I have no way of knowing if this product actually works as well as my usual expensive prescription only flea treatment. I have given this 4 stars for ease of application, convenience and price, but will come back and update the review in the summer if this does not work.

Becoming the Perfect Gentleman
Becoming the Perfect Gentleman
by Zach Falconer-Barfield

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for younger gentlemen., 30 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There are a lot of books in this vein out now. This is one of the better ones, not too serious, but enough good information and advice to make the book worth the money. I would not buy this for a mature adult, or anyone who already has a sense of who they are and has their own sense of style. It does however, make a perfect present for an older teenager, younger adult, who is finding their way in the world and starting out at work, and needs a bit of style advice or some pointers on how to behave like a gentleman in the outside world. Great starting out advice.

Mitre Delta V12S Match FIFA Inspected Ball - White/Orange/Black - 5
Mitre Delta V12S Match FIFA Inspected Ball - White/Orange/Black - 5

5.0 out of 5 stars good value, 30 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a good quality football, comes deflated and so needs inflating. You will need a pump, so it is not useable right out of the box, but the ball is excellent quality and looks good. Not being a serious player, there is not much more I can say, but definitely good value for the money.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20