Profile for Zeddy12 > Reviews

Zeddy12

Page: 1 | 2
No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Take the time to get the right dosage, 18 Feb. 2015
From the start I'll say this isn't a proper review, more a caution.

I bought this, and spooned out what I guessed 200mg of powder was. Terrible mistake. I spent a day ill, confined to the bed because as soon as I assumed an upright position I felt dizzy and sick. I thought I may have to ring an ambulance. As it happened it wore off after 30hrs, or so.

I can't really comment on the powder's real, intended, effect, having taken too much to tell you. So go careful with any powder product.

Thieves
Thieves
by Trey Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars More the escapades of the author than a real exposure, 26 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Thieves (Paperback)
Mike Murdoch is revealed to live lavishly, employ prostitutes, hoard treasure and use the word 'corn' in place of swear words. And that's the problem of this book, that's all it really has to tell about him.

Murdoch only features in the first third of the book, then he's out of the story. This is no thorough investigation of Murdoch, nor do we get any real insights into his mind. He's just a secondary character in this memoir of Trey Smiths colourful personal life.

Trey Smith, however, is a good writer and story-teller. And I was entertained all the way.

It's just not quite what I bought the book for, but I honestly can say I enjoyed it all the same.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 14, 2014 12:50 PM GMT

The Curse of Brink's-Mat: Twenty-five Years of Murder and Mayhem - The Inside Story of the 20th Century's Most Lucrative Armed Robbery
by Wensley Clarkson

3.0 out of 5 stars it's alright, 22 April 2012
This book makes bold claims: 'definitive account', 'unprecedented insight,' but to me, well, I felt robbed.

Joking aside, this is a wholly acceptable, entertaining, fast-paced account of the historic robbery. It's just that it doesn't deliver on it's hype.

Had the author got an interview with the planners, robbers themselves, THAT would have been 'gold', metaphorically speaking.

One big question never gets resolved; did the chief robber get his share of the gold? You don't find out.

This is still a decent read. I enjoyed it and I reckon you will too.

Wahl Ultima 7200 Men's Shaver Mains / Rechargeable ZX648
Wahl Ultima 7200 Men's Shaver Mains / Rechargeable ZX648

1.0 out of 5 stars okay until battery went, 18 April 2012
Gives a close shave, yes, but to do it it uses an aggressive motor and blades! I frequently nicked myself with it.

But then I never quite got chance to get used to it, as the battery conked out. From getting 8 shaves out of one charge, I was down to 2.

Can't say I haven't warned you...

The Lady And The Peacock: The Life of Aung San Suu Kyi of Burma
The Lady And The Peacock: The Life of Aung San Suu Kyi of Burma
by Peter Popham

4.0 out of 5 stars Half history of Burma, half biography, 18 April 2012
This is a respectable biography, though there's a certain distance...

I'd use the analogy of a tv, or film, in that what we get here is mostly in long shot, showing her in the context of Burma's political situation, and a number of medium shots, primarily of her out campaigning, but few personal close-ups of Suu Kyi.

As a whole the biography suffers somewhat from the lack of Suu's involvement.
Near the end of the book the author gets the chance to rectify this by gaining a meeting with the lady herself. But all we get to hear of it is this brief comment, "We had a friendly conversation that was by turns funny, teasing and illuminating." You don't get a single quote from that conversation.

Nevertheless this is still a worthy biography of Aung San Suu Kyi.

Happy Like Murderers
Happy Like Murderers
by Gordon Burn

2.0 out of 5 stars a factual novel?, 18 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Happy Like Murderers (Paperback)
If you're looking for a straightforward, orderly account of the West case, don't get this. Get Howard Sounes's 'Fred And Rose' instead.

This really is a bloated, overly descriptive, telling of the story. The author employs the writing techniques of a novel, which makes the reader question what is real and what is embellishment.

If Howard Sounes hadn't written his book I'd have given this an extra star, but, as it is, Sounes has written the better book.

Conspiracy of the Six-Pointed Star: Eye-Opening Revelations and Forbidden Knowledge about Israel, the Jews, Zionism, and the Rothschilds
by Texe Marrs

2.0 out of 5 stars collection of free monthly newsletters, 12 Oct. 2011
This book does indeed present information you won't hear coming from the mainstream media. It exposes the crimes that jewish people commit that go unmentioned by the mass media, and their control over the American government. AND how here, at Amazon.com, Jews can ban books from being sold to us.

So while the information is there in this book, the way it's presented to the reader is poor. You'll start to read the same thing several times over. And you also begin to percieve that what you're a reading is Mr Marrs newsletters all collected and bound together as a book. And, unlike a newsletter where saying something similar once every month might be ok, reading it again by the time it takes to turn a page is frustrating and tedious.

It needed editing and properly composing it as a book. It's not a book as such, but Marrs newsletter bunched together and printed out.

Diaries from Hell: Charles Bronson - My Prison Diaries
Diaries from Hell: Charles Bronson - My Prison Diaries
by Charles Bronson

4.0 out of 5 stars more loonology, 1 Sept. 2011
'Diaries From Hell' is really 'Loonology' Part 2 - more of the same. And that's my one gripe. In fact you can give it 5 stars if you haven't already read 'Loonology', as it's that similar.

Not that this isn't worth reading. Bronson is a fantastically entertaining fellow, and I throughly enjoyed this book. I'd describe it as a hotchpotch of prison anecdotes, random facts, poems, artwork, a bit of everything really!

It never gets boring, as Bronson doesn't dwell on any one thing for long, we're quickly onto something else. But throughout the book it's hard not to side with Charles, in that he really shouldn't be where he is. By denying him a place in normal prison conditions, mixing, they prevent him progressing to freedom. It's a real injustice.

But to his great credit Bronson continues to battle on while maintaining his wits and humour with it.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 2, 2012 8:21 PM GMT

The Minds of Billy Milligan
The Minds of Billy Milligan
by Daniel Keyes
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

2.0 out of 5 stars milligans meandering tale, 21 Aug. 2011
The first few chapters are the books best.
Crimes are commited and then we are introduced to the perpetrator, or perpetrators since there's 20 of him.
And yes, the different personalities are intriguing; how did they get there, where did they originate? These questions are never really answered in the book.

In fact the book ends unresolved, with little insight into the condition. The bulk of the book follows Milligan on his various escapades before he was caught. And it gets boring. Milligan, being an egomaniac and manipulative, isn't likeable so that didn't help.

I don't know about having many minds but this book was driving me out of my one mind!

Loonyology: In My Own Words
Loonyology: In My Own Words
by Charles Bronson

5.0 out of 5 stars Loonyology at it's very best, 7 Aug. 2011
"I bet you don't know what's coming next. Me also. I just write it as it comes into my head. I get a quick thought, a memory or a fact and - bosh! - I'm writing it all down."
What more reason do you need for buying this book than the above quote, from the man himself!

It's one wild ride from start to finish. Terrific fun, and terrifying too! It also exposes the injustice of the so-called 'justice system'.

Perhaps the most amazing thing the book brings out is how Bronson has kept his mind & morals intact, in the face of absolute madness. And not only that, he's really quite a cheerful fellow with it!

Oh, and it's hilarious. It's the funniest book I've ever read. He has this blunt, direct way of saying things that just makes me laugh.

It's loonology at it's very, very BEST.

Page: 1 | 2