Profile for Kay Leslie > Reviews

Content by Kay Leslie

Kay Leslie "or Sarah =]" (Scotland)

Extreme Teen Bible: No Fears, No Regrets. Just a Future with a Promise
Extreme Teen Bible: No Fears, No Regrets. Just a Future with a Promise
by Not Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great version of a great book!, 9 May 2008
There's no point in reviewing the bible for its content so I'll just review this version!

Firstly, I think the NCV is really good for its clarity, while still not over-simplifying the verses as the NLT, for example, does.

The cover of this Bible was not very appealing, but I just covered it up and now it looks really cool, so don't let that put you off!

Inside are many 'life applications', with God's promises highlighted, verses given at the start and the end for key topics, and applications inset within the text. These are mostly relevant for all ages, not just teenagers, and avoid telling stories as the Youth Bible does. They are also green, which makes a nice difference from the main text on the page.

Finally, another thing that I like about this Bible is the fact that Old Testament verses which are quoted in the New Testament are cross-referenced underneath the quotation, so you know where they come from.

Emu Women's Stinger Hi Boot
Emu Women's Stinger Hi Boot

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute =), 22 Dec. 2007
These boots are really snuggly - I've had a pair of emus for a couple of years now, but they were merino wool rather than sheepskin: the older version of lo Brontes I think. The sheepskin certainly makes a difference, though they're still not as cosy as I'd hoped. Buy them while Amazon have got them reduced though, as I think they do cost a bit much full price!

About the size issue: I'm a UK 9, EU 43, and as they don't do 9s I bought 8s. They are a wee bit too small, but I think they're loosening. Some people say but a size too big, others a size too small: my advice is just to buy your own size if it's in stock!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars bought this blind but am glad I did!, 15 Dec. 2007
There doesn't seem to be much in the way of reviews for this camera, and, while I've only had mine for a couple of weeks, I thought I'd let other potential buyers have the chance to read a review before Christmas.

So you know what background I have, I upgraded from a Panasonic LC70 (aka brick), with 4MP.

Positives:

Looks really cool
Has some good modes - auto and natural/flash (where it takes 2 simultaneously, one with, one without flash)
Small
Good zoom levels
Intuitive controls
Light
Huge screen
Good Stabilisation

Gripes:

Can sometimes be a bit grainy - wasn't expecting that from an 8MP
Face detection doesn't really work

I'll edit this if anything goes majorly wrong - hope it helped!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 22, 2011 2:40 PM BST

Radio 1 - Established 1967
Radio 1 - Established 1967
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Amazing (Well, mostly!), 5 Nov. 2007
Listener Profile : Teenage Girl who generally likes indie/pop/rock/alternative stuff; regularly listens to Radio One.

View: Absolutely stonking! A few completely duff tracks but all in all I love most of it - for all the reviewers moaning about the imbalance between disks, just mix them up on your mp3 player and get rid of the ones you don't like!

Individual Song Reviews:

Disc One
1. Flowers In The Rain-Kaiser Chiefs - MEGA! THIS IS PROBABLY MY FAVOURITE TRACK! BETTER THAN SOME OF THEIR ACTUAL STUFF!
2. All Along The Watchtower-The Fratellis A WEAKER TRACK, QUITE BORING
8. Band On The Run-Foo Fighters OK
9. Love Is The Drug-Kylie GOOD TO SING ALONG TO; CATCHY
10. Let's Stick Together-KT Tunstall NICE OLDIES BEAT
11. Sound And Vision-Franz Ferdinand RUBBISH
12. Teenage Kicks-The Raconteurs GOOD, COMPARABLE TO ORIGINAL - NOT DONE ANYTHING DIFFERENT
13. Can't Stand Losing You-Mika Vs Armand Van Helden GOOD DANCE TUNE
14. Too Much Too Young-Kasabian LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AN AMAZINGLY QUIRKY SHORT TUNE
15. Under Pressure-Keane NOT THE BEST
16. Town Called Malice-McFly ALRIGHT
17. Come Back And Stay-James Morrison CATCHY
18. Careless Whisper-Gossip REALLY GOOD
19. The Power Of Love-The Pigeon Detectives AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! REALLY ORIGINAL TAKE ON A CLASSIC TUNE!
20. Don't Get Me Wrong-Lily Allen AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!

Disc Two
8. You're All I Need To Get By-Mark Ronson NICE R&B FEEL
9. Stillness In Time-Calvin Harris GOOD DANCY TUNE
10. No Diggity-Klaxons SO COOL
11. Lovefool-Just Jack OK
12. Ray Of Light-Natasha Bedingfield OK, DIDN'T LIKE THE ORIGINAL; QUITE SOUND A LIKE
13. Drinking In LA-The Twang QUITE A GOOD TAKE ON IT
14. The Great Beyond-The Fray NOT A GOOD SONG
15. Teenage Dirtbag-Girls Aloud AMAZINGLY GOOD - I LOVE IT!
16. Like I Love You-Maximo Park DIDN'T LIKE THE ORIGINAL; BUT AN OK RETAKE
17. Don't Look Back Into The Sun-The View QUITE SOUND A LIKE
18. Toxic-Hard-Fi DIDN'T LIKE THE ORIGINAL; OK
19. Father And Son-The Enemy ALRIGHT
20. Steady As She Goes-Corinne Bailey Rae QUITE GOOD

ALL IN ALL, THERE ARE 3 COMPLETELY RUBBISH SONGS, 8 THAT I COULD TAKE OR LEAVE, AND THE REST ARE ALL BRILLIANT.
An absolute must for any album collection!

The Tea Rose
The Tea Rose
by Jennifer Donnelly

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!, 2 Aug. 2007
This review is from: The Tea Rose (Paperback)
This was utterly un-putdownable!

I neglected many of my other tasks to rush back to my room and read.

OK, the sex scenes are a bit much, but I tended to just skip over them.

I've not read 'A Gathering Light', as I didn't like the look of it from the back, but am tempted to now if 'The Tea Rose' was a sample of her work (though from other reviews it doesn't look like it).

A must read for any fans of Historical Fiction!

The Clique #5: The Pretty Committee Strikes Back (Clique (Quality))
The Clique #5: The Pretty Committee Strikes Back (Clique (Quality))
by Lisi Harrison

3.0 out of 5 stars OK if you like the series, 2 Aug. 2007
This is a good book in the series... unfortunately I'm finding that I've outgrown them, even though the protagonists do seem far older than their twelve years!

The Other Boleyn Girl
The Other Boleyn Girl
by Philippa Gregory

5.0 out of 5 stars W.O,W!, 7 Dec. 2006
This review is from: The Other Boleyn Girl (Paperback)
this book is SO good, words can hardly describe it!

i wasn't sure about buying it, but liked the look of all of Philippa Gregory's books and thought this would be a good pilot.

It is brilliant!

I will definetely be rushing out to but her others ASAP!

I liked the way it was written from Anne's sister: it made it really interesting

BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT!!

She's The Man [DVD]
She's The Man [DVD]
Dvd ~ Amanda Bynes
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Good laugh/ chick flick, 4 Oct. 2006
This review is from: She's The Man [DVD] (DVD)
I thought that this was going to be rubbish from all the reviews of it, but there was nothing else on at the cinema when i went to see it (apart from Alien Autopsy, and I won't even go there!) I was so glad that i did go to see it because it was really good! Although it is based on Shakespeare's Twelfth night, there is nothing but the VERY basic plot and names to actually link it with this.

Also, I think it is totally different from Amanda Byrnes normal stuff, in a good way, so if you didn't like her previous stuff and this is putting you off, GO FOR IT!!

It has hilarious, laugh out loud moments and i would definetely recommend this to females age 12-32! (though my 7 year old sister and 42 year old mother also loved it!)