Profile for Kindle Customer > Reviews

Content by Kindle Customer

Kindle Customer

There is No Light in Darkness (Darkness #1)
There is No Light in Darkness (Darkness #1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliance, 7 Mar. 2014
I take my hat off to Claire Contreras. Brilliant book. Had you hooked from the beginning. I am writing this with a runny nose. Throughout the story, you laugh and cry ( even that 'ugly cry' ). truly engaging read with a well developed story line. Can't wait to read Part 2

The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook
The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook
by Tarek Malouf

1.0 out of 5 stars RUBBISH, 15 July 2009
Have just finished trying yet another recipe from the Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook. No disrespect to Mr. Malouf, but I was left thinking yet again, about why he decided to publish a book about recipes from the bakery, if he was not going to be honest about measurements etc. Just finished trying th Red Velvet Cupcakes,and they definitely did not come out like the pictures in the book. There was not enough red colouring or cocoa in it. I have now tried all of the cupcake recipes and have not been pleased with any of the results. I don't live far from the South Kensington shop and frequent it often, but these recipes taste nothing like what is available in the shop. To quote other people from the review, these recipes clearly were not tested for use in a domestic kitchen.
I am sorry that I ever wasted my money buying this book. Pretty pictures but a load of hot air in that book.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 19, 2010 10:30 PM BST