Profile for Alejandra Baron Cordido > Reviews

Content by Alejandra Baro...

Alejandra Baron Cordido "ABC" (Barcelona, Spain)

by Brené Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars It should exist a 6-stars rating for this book!, 3 Dec. 2014
Boy how I enjoyed this book! Portraying vulnerability as a strength and promoting wholehearted lives in a culture of scarcity is a monumental challenge that I believe this book achieves remarkably. Through her humor, her soft writing style, some examples of her own life and her data to back up the info, Brene sheds light on shame and vulnerability in an exquisite way.
I would recommend this book to anyone, but the truth is that I don't believe it's for anyone, I think you should be in a 'good place' to fully take on the countless benefits that this book offers. I recently had an 'emotional enlightment' and this book helped me A LOT to manage my current personal development process.

David and Goliath: Underdogs, Misfits and the Art of Battling Giants
David and Goliath: Underdogs, Misfits and the Art of Battling Giants
by Malcolm Gladwell

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful ! I'm trully grateful for having read this book, 23 July 2014
Such a beautiful, captivating and hopeful book. Seeing the world through David's eyes is a marvelous perspective that should captivate you from start to finish. I had to stop reading at such a fast pace, because I realized this book deserved to be enjoyed for more than one day. To all the curious out there who often wonder how the world 'works', you will be delighted with this book, it makes you question your assumptions, paradigms, even the 'logical' way...

The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You're Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are
by Brené Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book !, 25 Feb. 2013
Loved this book from start to finish. Brené addresses difficult subjects, such as shame, vulnerability, acceptance and stress, in such a pleasant and enjoyable way that I found it very easy to relate to her story and experiences. It's written with a lot of sense of humor and from a very humble position. Enjoyed every minute of it