Profile for K. Tindale > Reviews

One Day [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Anne Hathaway
Offered by best_value_entertainment

2.0 out of 5 stars An INSULT to the book, 25 Nov. 2012
This review is from: One Day [DVD] [2011] (DVD)
I recently read the book, and although pretty easy reading, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Thought I would give the film a go. Glad I had read the book first as based on the film, would maybe not have read it. Film rushes through each year, leaving no room for character development, so you never really feel you know them enough to care what happens to them in the film. Little bits of the book are missed that help show better the relationship Dex and Emma had. The acting is terrible - very amateur, verging on embarrassing. Scenes that I felt were crucial and should have had impact just didn't. Emotion seemed lacking, with each scene just acted in a 'posh' accent, but no real acting or emotion demonstrated. Anne Hathaway seems incapable of making up her mind on what accent she is supposed to have, changing from RP english to broad Yorkshire in the same breath. I recommend reading the book - an easy read, but one that leaves you happy/sad and thinking about it after, but skip the film!

The Killer Within
The Killer Within
by Gary Copeland

5.0 out of 5 stars The Killer Within, 19 Nov. 2012
This review is from: The Killer Within (Paperback)
As soon as I read the blurb for this book I was desperate to read it - was right up my street (literally, being based on the area near where I live) and sounded like a good gritty, gory read. It didn't disappoint. A well structured and clever plot, with twist and turns to keep you guessing till the very end. Think you've sussed it? Turn the page - you probably haven't! Would definitley recommend to anyone who likes reading crime novels with compelling plots and plenty of gruesome descriptions. Read it in 2 days as I was so keen to see how it would all pull together!

Canon EOS 1100D Digital SLR Camera (With 18-55 mm f/3.5-5.6 DC III Lens Kit) (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent DSLR - competitvely priced - good for a beginner or on a budget, 25 Nov. 2011
This is my first DSLR, having wanted one for ages, but not being sure what was best to go for (so I can't compare to previously owned dslr's)Having used point and shoot compacts for years I've found this pretty easy to get used to and handle - it has a built in feature guide which you can turn off once you are familiar with settings and features, but have found it helpful whilst finding my way around it. I like that it can take a good range of Canon lenses (EF/EF-S), so I'm not limited. Canon, is also a brand I would trust for quality. I recently took it to an evening 'light festival' to trial it in dark conditions. I have lots to learn about photography, still being a beginner but I got some very pleasing results, with significanty less noise than I have ever experienced with various iso/night settings on my compacts, such as a Panasonc Lumix. The camera feels solid enough when handling and looks fine to me (some feel it could look more expensive) Its not too bulky or weighty to carry with you. I've found my battery life to be excellent, the camera quick and responsive when taking lots of images in a short time scale. Overall I've enjoyed a taking clear, sharp,images (probably thanks to the image stabilization) in a wide variety of settings and subjects, achieveing pleasing results, considering I'm still getting to grips with using a more technical camera and I am looking forward to enjoying it further. I've currently only got the EF-S 18mm-55mm lense but have still found it to be a very versatile lense.

Kodak EasyShare Z950 Digital Camera - Black (12MP, 10x Optical Zoom) 3 inch LCD
Kodak EasyShare Z950 Digital Camera - Black (12MP, 10x Optical Zoom) 3 inch LCD

3.0 out of 5 stars Good whilst it lasted - lense failed in 4 months - 2nd Kodak camera I have owned to fail in less than 6 months, 27 Nov. 2010
I had the previous model of this camera, which after 6 months had to be sent to Kodak for repair when the lense failed, failing to retract back and the camera not powering up. I then broke it dropping it on holiday, another 6 months later and as warranty was up decided the first lense fail was probably a one off problem and bought the new version - the z950. I bought it because it was high mega pixels and high optical zoom, both of which meant I could get good clear shots, with this camera. Only owned it for 4 months and the lense failed, again failing to retract, meaning the camera will not remain powered on. I was taking a photo as normal and pressed the shutter release button. The camera screen went black, the lense remained out. I assumed my battery, which had been low, had gone flat and plugged it into charge. It made no difference. Camera would power up for a second then go back off, with the lense still out. I used the on-line chat on Kodaks site, as I did last time, but as last time, knew it would be of no help - only telling me to take battery out, wipe connections, plug into computer etc. All of which I had tried. Posted it away to Kodak who have sent an identicle replacement. See if this one lasts......
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 24, 2011 12:23 AM BST

Amazon Kindle Keyboard Lighted Leather Case (3rd Generation - 2010 release), Black

5.0 out of 5 stars You ARE getting what you pay for! Quality and perfect fit, 28 Sept. 2010
I was a little put off by the price, so looked around for a cheaper cover. Bought a red cover from a well known auction site for £10. Was poorly finished and sadly I'd bought one for the Kindle 2 not 3, without realising so it was too big and had gaps to access switches that have since been moved on the new kindle. I decided I did like the 'book' style cases for the kindle though, rather than a sleeve/sock style, so decided to splurge on the Amazon Leather cover. Opted for the apple green to break my red theme. Its a lovely shade. It arrived quickly, took me 20 seconds to put on my kindle, fits like a glove and feels superb. Despite other reviews I feel the elastic feels strong and long lasting. Not so tight you're wrestling to stretch it round and not so slack you feel it will come off and the cover will open. Wish I'd saved that ten pounds I spent on my poor purchase, bought some ebooks and just plumped for the tailor made kindle cover straight off. Currently, you won't find one that fits so well and feels so good and looks so professional.

The Butterfly Effect 2 [DVD]
The Butterfly Effect 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ J.R. Bourne
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars An entertaining watch, 29 Aug. 2010
This review is from: The Butterfly Effect 2 [DVD] (DVD)
I really liked the first film. It was a bit of an original concept. I was skeptical when I stumbled across Butterfly Effect 2 thinking it must be bad if I didn't know there was a second film. However, TV was poor that night so decided to chuck it on and give it a go. I am pleased I did as I think it was another clever film.I was expecting it to follow on from the first film but quickly realised it was totally seperate ( not just different actors playing the same characters from the first, as I though t it was going to be) I liked how getting and having 'everything' is not as easy as it seems, considering this time the lead role has so much more ability to control their future, compared to the original film. It had some good little twists, good acting ( I didn't think the acting was any worse than most films, to be honest) and overall I liked the storyline too. I was surprised to see it has such poor reviews. Now I've just discovered there's a third one.......