Profile for Holly > Reviews

Content by Holly

Holly (England)

Page: 1 | 2
edc by Esprit Women's 094CC1I003 Long Sleeve Cardigan, Blue (Deep Indigo), Size 12 (Manufacturer Size:Medium)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, 14 Jun. 2015
This is a really good quality cardigan. After buying one I straight away bought another. It has a lovely feel to it. The sleeves are (for once!) not too short. Great colours too. I just wish there was a black option too. Highly recommended.

Apple iPod shuffle 2GB - Blue  (Latest Model - Launched Sept 2012)
Apple iPod shuffle 2GB - Blue (Latest Model - Launched Sept 2012)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy, 13 May 2013
I am very happy with this product. It is a nice little MP3 player that fits in every pocket with a great sound and features.

Le Pop
Le Pop

5.0 out of 5 stars Proper feel good music with a twist, 29 May 2012
This review is from: Le Pop (Audio CD)
When I discovered Katzenjammer I was immediately drawn in by the feel good factor of their music. I just love this album, it makes me feel happy every time I listen to it. My favourites on this album are Hey ho on the devil's back, which is a little bit creepy, but brillianly energetic and funny (especially when performed live, unmissable!) and Play my darling play, which is just such a lovely tune :) Also not to miss are A bar in Amsterdam and Demon Kitty Rag! This band consists of four very talented girls, who play lots of different instruments and put so much effort into their music, that it just makes it fun to listen to. I saw them live twice so far and they are just the best live band ever, and I have seen many bands live! A must buy in my opinion!!

Electra Heart
Electra Heart
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!!, 24 May 2012
This review is from: Electra Heart (Audio CD)
At first, like many others, I was a bit vary of the new sound of this album, but the more I listen to it, the more I love it. I would definately advise people to get the delux edition as it has a few extra great songs on it, the best of which being 'Buy the Stars' - I just love that song. The stongest songs on this album for me are Bubblegum Bitch (which is a lot of fun!), Teen Idol (brilliantly tragic!) and Fear and Loathing, although I am not sure why there is a long gap of silence at the end of the song. I also love Radioactive! The weakest songs in my opinion are Homewrecker, Power & Control and Living Dead, but they might still grow on me, it happens. All the other songs I have not mentioned are great too, but I just wanted to mention my favourites here. Overall a great album which I listen to every day and I am not at all disappointed!!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 25, 2012 3:51 PM BST

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Great design, 2 Mar. 2011
This is a fantastic wallet. Lots of space, great feel. The only thing is that I should have gone for a different colour as the cerise colour is a little more pink than it looked on the picture. It looks more like the hot pink in real life.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 3, 2012 4:09 AM GMT

The Return
The Return
by Victoria Hislop

5.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting, 7 Jun. 2009
This review is from: The Return (Paperback)
I really enjoyed this book. I also really enjoyed The Island and for a while was put off by the bad reviews this book got. But I loved The Return as much as I loved The Island. And I learned a lot about Spanish history at the same time. Would really recommend this book!

Resistance
Resistance
by Owen Sheers

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring and disappointing, 1 Jun. 2008
This review is from: Resistance (Paperback)
I was really disappointed. The book was boring and dragged out. The history aspect of it is not even true. I wish I hadn't bothered finishing this book. The author didn't even get the few German words in the story right. Any translation website would have been able to tell him the correct spelling, but he didn't seem to have bothered. Not great!

German Boy: A Child in War
German Boy: A Child in War
by Wolfgang W. E. Samuel

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best books I've ever read!!, 26 Oct. 2007
German boy is one of the best books I have ever read. I was facinated by looking at this different side of war time and what it was like inside Germany at the end of the war. It is well written, gripping and I would recommend this book to everyone.

Isobel's Wedding
Isobel's Wedding
by Sheila O'Flanagan

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a great story, 26 Oct. 2007
This review is from: Isobel's Wedding (Paperback)
The book was readable, but the story itself was not very imaginative. I was very disappointed by the ending. It completely let the book down. I wouldn't recommend this one.

The Island
The Island
by Victoria Hislop

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book, 26 Oct. 2007
This review is from: The Island (Paperback)
I really enjoyed this book. I found it very interesting to find out about the island of Spinelonga, especially because it really existed in the way described. Also I found it interesting to find out about war time in another part of Europe. I was really gripped by this book and would recommend it everyone.

Page: 1 | 2