Profile for relaxingcrafting > Reviews

Babes in the Wool: How to Knit Beautiful Fashion Dolls, Clothes and Accessories
by Fiona McDonald
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars addicted to knitting Babes, 30 Jan 2011
I LOVE this book! The dolls are so beautiful and so easy to knit and put together. I have made 5 of these dolls and have my 6th one started. I used the clothing patterns in the book for the first 3 dolls and then made up my own clothes for the rest of them. There are a few minor mistakes in some of the clothing patterns in the book but the clothes are very simple and the mistakes easily corrected.
Because I am not so great at painting eyes, I scanned and printed out the page with the eye templates on it, cut out the eyes I wanted and glued them to white felt. I then cut the felt around the eyes, put two coats of clear nail polish on them and then glued them to the doll's face. Voila!!! Beautiful eyes for my dolls! I also used embroidery thread,two strands of the six, to stitch in the eyebrows.
All in all, these are the best knitted dolls that I have ever made, they are lovely, big dolls and are so much fun to dress and pose. They make wonderful gifts for all ages of people. I am looking forward to Fiona's next book, Knitted Fairies, I am sure it will be as wonderful as this book is. (I have bought 3 copies of this book and gifted two of them to friends who were thrilled to receive them)