Profile for P. Mckenny > Reviews

Content by P. Mckenny

P. Mckenny "BigbiLL" (Bristol , UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Z-Burbia (Unabridged)
Z-Burbia (Unabridged)
Offered by Audible Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars not great. Started out thinking it was a little original ..., 8 Aug 2014
its ok, not great. Started out thinking it was a little original and it quickly became completely unoriginal.

Its a cookie cutter zombie book, it flys so close to the walking dead story arc at times its ridiculous. I don't think i will be bothering with the next book in the series.

Dark Days [LegacyTitleID: 48709575]
Dark Days [LegacyTitleID: 48709575]

2.0 out of 5 stars Expected more... This was dull.., 9 Jun 2014
I was looking for a good page turner, little bit graphic, horror tones etc.. this book gives a promised or 'cyborgs' and people on a death countdown. My word, this book does not deliver anything like that, its like the hunger games mixed with Twilight. A drippy heroine who for some reason becomes a heroine. I am not entirely sure at the target audience for this book, it must be 14/15 year old girls. The story feels very undercooked and seen it all before, soppy girl, love, in a cage, fighting out. when the protagonist eventually does arrive is so flippant is ridiculous. Cyborgs, thats it.. just cyborgs arrive and rip people up. Terrible.

Plantronics BackBeat GO Wireless Stereo Bluetooth Headset - Black
Plantronics BackBeat GO Wireless Stereo Bluetooth Headset - Black
Offered by liGo

5.0 out of 5 stars Great,performed well so far., 21 July 2013
I bought these as I have had enough of running with chords everywhere..

So far, I have paired it with an iPad and they worked great. Good bass, nice clarity and rang was at least 10 mtrs. I then paired it with my HTC one and again it paired with no problems. I went for a short run with my phone in my pocket, tracking my run, and these headphones performed very well. They are a little larger than normal in ear headphones but have a small 'wing' which lodges in your outer ear to keep them in place. Good sound, can hear your thumping footsteps a little but thats due to the snug fit, no problems what so ever.

I also tested them by starting a podcast on my phone, which i left in my kitchen, then i cut the grass with the headphones in place.. no problems at all.. receiving a good signal through a wall and up and down the garden. Only thing that doesnt seem to be there is the ability to answer the call with the headphones switch.. I had to answer the call on the handset and the used the headphones for the call as normal.. I have not read the instructions so there may be a way to do this.

I would recommend them.

King of Tokyo
King of Tokyo

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game - Enjoyable and fun, 3 Jan 2013
This review is from: King of Tokyo (Toy)
Bought this game around the christmas period 2012 and love it.

I played around 6 games with my daughter (10) and a couple of friends. It has dice rolling, decision making, resource collection, damage rolls or healing up.

You roll your 6 dice each round and try to pick the best dice for you monster at that time. Make a couple of wrong decisions and your quickly punished for it. I think this game will easily be enjoyed by children 8 yrs and older. 3 player game played in under 30 minutes (and that was with a person who learned the rules on the fly)

Buy it.

Video details of how it plays

[...]

Wizkids Quarriors Dice Game
Wizkids Quarriors Dice Game

4.0 out of 5 stars Good game,limited play, 3 Sep 2012
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Wizkids Quarriors Dice Game (Toy)
I bought this game just before christmas in 2011, after all the gencon hooha it sounded like a must buy. I played this game with my son (7) and daughter (10) quite a few times and they got the jist of the game after about the 4th play. The game is ok, setup is a pain - loads of dice to sort and place. The game plays quite quick once you get going, although there are some major flaws in the game which can ruin it (wizzkids have released new rules with latest expansion to sort the problems) Basically if you get any dragon card and cull your low powered dice as quick as possible, your gonna win.. not maybe you'll win.. you will win. Its a fun game,although we have not played it now for around 6monhts. If you want to learn the rules.. (as the written rules dont really explain much) check out this video.

[...]

A Dark and Broken Heart
A Dark and Broken Heart
by R.J. Ellory

1.0 out of 5 stars Who reviews these things.. apparently the Author., 3 Sep 2012
This book could be the best book ever written, it could be the worst book to grace your book shelf. I don't know.. I know one thing.. this author does not deserve your cash or mine. He has admitted leaving positive reviews for his own books and damning reviews for 'other authors'

Google his name and avoid.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 7, 2014 4:36 PM GMT

Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3)
Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3)
Offered by GAMES CONSOLES BARGAIN

5.0 out of 5 stars Best game I have played in 2009, 8 Oct 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this game on the back of playing the demo. I really is a stunning game, the looks, the atmosphere the acting are all top notch.

Never before have i been compelled to play a game from start to finish without losing interest half way through. There are sections of this game that will blow you away.

Highly recommended.

Graphic Design School: The Principles and Practices of Graphic Design
Graphic Design School: The Principles and Practices of Graphic Design
by David Dabner

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what i expected, 31 Aug 2009
I was hunting for a good graphic design book for more web based design, this book looked like it could have been a good contender.

It was not. I quite literally picked it up once, flicked through it and not one thing jumped out at me to say 'read me'

From what i remember about the book (i sold it on Ebay a while back) it was more a portfolio type layout, rather than a good tech book laying out design tips and techniques.

I would not recommend it for anybody working in web design, maybe if your studying at UNI it may assist you. I am still hunting for a good book on design.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 22, 2013 2:29 PM GMT

Killzone 2 (PS3)
Killzone 2 (PS3)
Offered by HalfpriceDVDS_FBA

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing new - Looks nice though, 29 Mar 2009
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Killzone 2 (PS3) (Video Game)
Well, i am not sure what i was expecting, maybe something groundbreaking like half life 2 was or COD4 - This is a run of the mill shooter in my opinion. I am about 75% through the game and cant really be bothered to finish it.

Its very well presented and the Visuals are stunning, The game play is sluggish but i think that was the developers agenda. It feels like your playing in custard - or gravy - slow anyway.

Gets a bit samey in the end - walk towards an area where there are LOADS of places to hide... no enemies.. walk closer... BANG - 30 bad guys to slowly pick off. then on to the next area... repeat.

I think online has potential, but for me playing with a joypad against other 'humans' is pretty rubbish (need a mouse and keyboard!) but i hear people who rave about the MP

So, in short i will probably turn the game back on (10 days without playing it now) and finish it - then its straight on ebay.

Lead Balloon - Series 2 [DVD]
Lead Balloon - Series 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jack Dee

5.0 out of 5 stars Very funny, 3 Mar 2009
Top quality show, well written, Witty and cringeworthy.

Everything a British show should be . Highly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2