Profile for J. welch > Reviews

Content by J. welch

J. welch "cinephile" (man, England)

The Daughterhood
The Daughterhood
by Natasha Fennell

4.0 out of 5 stars Great concept and book, 4 Mar. 2015
This review is from: The Daughterhood (Paperback)
Great concept and book. Not enough books on this often taboo/ overlooked issue that is aging mothers and their daughters. Highly recommended.

My Life So Far
My Life So Far

4.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational, 7 Mar. 2014
This review is from: My Life So Far (Kindle Edition)
Great book from a strong, intelligent and inspirational woman, who continues to inspire. Would recommend. 4 out of 5 stars.

12 Years a Slave [Blu-ray] [2013]
12 Years a Slave [Blu-ray] [2013]
Dvd ~ Chiwetel Ejiofor

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential viewing, 7 Mar. 2014
Not a comfortable viewing experience but considering the subject matter it shouldn't be. Enthralling, absorbing, powerful, beautiful, emotional and gut wrenching are some words that come to mind. It is hard to describe in words but I will say watch this film you will not regret it. One of the best films in recent years - a modern classic. The cast are all superb -especially Chiwetel Ejiofo rand Lupita Nyong'o.

The Whisperers: A Charlie Parker Thriller: 9
The Whisperers: A Charlie Parker Thriller: 9
by John Connolly

5.0 out of 5 stars gripping, 20 Jun. 2010
This was my first John Connolly book and I have to say that even though I am not up to date on the characters history etc I was hooked from start to finish. In fact, I believe that I will be now reading all his other books. It mixed topical and factual with supernatural elements and surprisingly it worked very well. I would highly recommend this.