Profile for Richard Mackney > Reviews

Content by Richard Mackney

Richard Mackney (Derby, England)

Page: 1 | 2
USB Programming Cable for Baofeng UV-5R/ Wouxun UVd1P/ UV6D
USB Programming Cable for Baofeng UV-5R/ Wouxun UVd1P/ UV6D
Offered by AutoWQ

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked with UV-B6, 22 Jan 2014
Did not use the CD that came with the cable. Using Windows 7 the drivers were installed automatically when the USB was plugged in (radio off) - It created Prolific USB-to-Serial Port on COM3. Downloaded CHIRP open-source tool and selected to "download from Radio" as I have already added some channels directly on the radio without USB. I Followed the instructions to turn the radio on and it downloaded the image. I cleaned them up, named them and sent it back.

SEBSON® 10 x G9 3W LED, Warm White, 25W Replacement for Light Bulb, 240lm, 160º Beam Angle
Offered by SEBSON

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't mind when the kids leave the lights on now!, 6 Dec 2013
These bulbs work out at £4.49 each delivered - that is pretty good in my book. They are quite bulky, so check your fittings. I have used mine across the house and have used G9 BC Adaptor's to use these in traditional hanging lighting. I have replaced the outside security lighting that runs dusk to dawn (12 hours in winter) from a 9W energy saving CFL to these 3W LED. I have replaced two ceiling lights that were running 3x20W Halogen and these now run at a total of 9W, saving 51W per ceiling unit. I thought I was saving on the cost of electricity with CFL, these are much better, instant on and a nice colour.

BW® LED Night Vision Wide-Angle Waterproof REAR VIEW REVERSE / PARKING COLOR REVERSING CAMERA, with 5m Video Cable
Offered by BW Corp

3.0 out of 5 stars Hit and Miss, 21 Mar 2013
I'll give this three stars as it is 'OK' but I find that it is a bit hit and miss if it will display or not when powering. Sometimes I have to power it on and off five or six times before it will power up correctly without lines on the display. It may be that I have a faulty item, and for the price I still think it's good value - especially as it comes with 5m of video cable. It is entirely possible that it is the display that is at fault 4.3 Inch TFT-LCD Car Rearview Mirror DVD Monitor with Pocket-sized Color LCD Display, Mini Mirror Monitor for Car / Automobile

Coleman Coastline 4 Deluxe Four-Person Tent
Coleman Coastline 4 Deluxe Four-Person Tent

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick to erect, 23 Jan 2013
This is a great tent. Quick to erect with two people once you get used to it. The main technique is that you need to stretch the poles out to get it nice and tight in-between. Our front door does seal, wind did not flap in. We purchased this in 2012 and I notice a few slight differences to some other pictures. The self rolling windows are a nice touch. I've just purchased the add on porch to add extra outside and cooking space, this is a good price on Amazon at £30 Coleman Coastline Front Porch. Two adults and two small children made it cosy, I'm not sure about four adults.

Samsung 40-inch 3D Smart LED Slim TV UE40ES6800 Full HD 1080p Widescreen with Dual Core Processor  (discontinued by manufacturer)
Samsung 40-inch 3D Smart LED Slim TV UE40ES6800 Full HD 1080p Widescreen with Dual Core Processor (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by Ideal Office Supplies Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb picture and thin!, 25 Sep 2012
I was sceptical. But I'm converted! What an amazing picture when viewed from a HD source. I've become a HD junkie! Now paying the extra 10 quid to Sky for the HD channels and adding them all as favourites. The built in Freeview HD is superb and it also has a Freesat connection!

I've had it for a couple of weeks and I've become re-addicted to the TV. I've even purchased a slim Samsung Blu-ray drive to feed my new addiction. Playing movies straight from a USB stick is easy and it will also record Freeview to the USB stick!

Sound is perfect.

It's sexy.

High Tech Computing - Silver Executive Capacitive Touchscreen Stylus pen for iPhone 4S, 4, 4G, 3GS, 3G, 2G and iPad, iPad 2, iPad 3, 3G, 3Gs, HD

3.0 out of 5 stars Different Tip to Picture, 7 Feb 2012
I purchased this specifically based on the fact the picture shows an angled tip. However, this has the standard ball type tip.

It works fine on an iPad 2 and at £2.99 with free prime delivery, I'm not going to complain.

Retro-Design Leather Case for Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ10 / DMC-TZ18 / DMC-TZ22
Retro-Design Leather Case for Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ10 / DMC-TZ18 / DMC-TZ22

5.0 out of 5 stars Smells nice, 14 Sep 2011
What a lovely case, feels nice and smells nice (that retro leather smell ;) really solid with lovely stitching. You really need to remove the outer cover to take photos and the neck strap also helps you steady the camera. Two wrist straps are also provided to complete the look. The inside is soft and luxurious :)

The Art of iPhoneography
The Art of iPhoneography
by Stephanie C. Roberts

5.0 out of 5 stars The Art of iPhoneography, 1 July 2011
The Art of iPhoneography is a superb eye catching book (fashioned like a iPhone) and it's 160 pages are crammed full of valuable information and stunning iPhone photography.

Having owned a number of iPhone models through the years I consider myself to be seasoned in taking pictures and sharing with the iPhone. However, I still found this book to open my eyes and inspire me to do more and question some of my techniques. The book contains a combination of 'how to' use the iPhone and tips on being creative with photography in general.

The book re-affirmed my personal selection of iPhone apps and I thought it was great to see that people from other parts of the World are following similar processes in the making and sharing of their iPhoneography. I enjoyed the section showcasing nine iPhoneographers and found it useful to read about their passion, drive and different approaches to the iPhone and photography.

The Art of iPhoneography is an absolute must for anyone just getting into taking quality creative pictures with the iPhone but also for experienced users looking to find a new spark in their creativity. It also makes a lovely little book for the coffee table!

ByteStor 8GB SDHC Class 6 Memory Card
ByteStor 8GB SDHC Class 6 Memory Card

3.0 out of 5 stars HITACHI DZ-HV564E 1080P High Definition SD Video Camera, 8 Jan 2009
This card does not work with the HITACHI DZ-HV564E 1080P High Definition SD Video Camera.

It works in other devices.

@mackney

Panasonic Panasonic 2GB High Speed SD Memory Card
Panasonic Panasonic 2GB High Speed SD Memory Card

5.0 out of 5 stars Compatibility, 8 Jan 2009
This card works great in a HITACHI DZ-HV564E 1080P High Definition SD Video Camera.

@mackney