2.0 out of 5 stars
I expected a bit more from Pure, 3 Dec 2013
I bought this radio back in Sept 2010 and can fully review the product which has just recently died.
the only reason I have 2 stars is that it was working for full 3 years but I would expect this to work a bit longer that 3 years for £100 worth radio
There are some positives of this product:
- sound quality - I am aware that people complain but please take into consideration that this is bed table unit so don't expect a quality of sophisticated sound product. Please try to remember this is a alarm clock radio with CD. For what this was made, I am pleased with sound, you are also able to regulate bass and treble level
- clock - I was also pleased with clock, I do not personally think it was too bright during the night
- alarm - I loved all options I was able to set up for alarm - I was pleased that I could use radio to wake me up. I chose my favourite radio station, I was able to set up the volume level and the alarm was gradually getting louder so it was not a shock for my system to wake up
- sleep - the option I used all the time - I was falling asleep and able to set sleep to the range between 15 and 90 mins
And now some down sides:
- CD player - as other said, loud and bad. It was not a problem for me as I only used it twice, I have not purchased this alarm clock for this reason
- Buttons - awful - I never had to use them while dark but I believe you cannot find the one you look for. My biggest problem was how hard you need to press them. Every time you use any of the buttons you push the whole unit as you need to press it so hard. I had to place my radio against wall so it could not be pushed back every time I was setting the sleep option on. After 3 years you could not see what was originally written on the buttons as I had to press hard and wiped all description off
- Remote control - I noticed that lots of people used remote and were quite pleased with it. I found it useless. It did not allow me to set sleep mode, so only used to switch on/off when dark as could not locate button. Even increasing the volume was easier to do wihout remote. And do not forget that this radio is designed to be on your bed table where easy accessible so you would not need remote anyway.
The main reason why I am giving this product only 2 stars is that it died after 3 years (2 years warranty on this product). At the beginning it was switching itself off and then on again. Thankfully this was not affecting an alarm but if the radio was on sleep mode it reset itself and in I was waken up in the middle of the night with radio still working.
Following this the radio was switching itself on/off constantly so unable to use.
It suppose to be a quality product which had few flaws in design and what disappointed me the most, it died to early and will not purchase another Pure radio. Maybe will try Roberts this time