Profile for Ms. L. Pallister > Reviews

Ms. L. Pallister

Page: 1 | 2
We R Memory Keepers Envelope Punch Board, Multi-Colour
We R Memory Keepers Envelope Punch Board, Multi-Colour

5.0 out of 5 stars Only made one trial envelope and it came out perfect! The size I'm going to want most often ..., 18 Nov 2014
I am really loving this board.
Only made one trial envelope and it came out perfect!

The size I'm going to want most often is the C6 size for a card made from folding one sheet of A5 card.

If you look at the (A-6) instructions on the sticker it requires a square of paper measuring 22.5 x 22.5cm
This would mean that you wouldn't be able to use an A4 sheet of paper that is only 21cm across

But if you use the 10.2 x 15.2cm setting with a square measuring 21 x 21cm and line it up at 8.6 for the first cut and score it works perfectly without any further measuring as I'd seen on a couple of YouTube videos.
All you need to do then is fold over the corner of the bottom flap (or cut it off).

I'm off now to make card templates for the 21cm square to make it really fast to draw the line and then cut the paper with a craft knife and for the bit I need to trim from the bottom flap to make it line up perfectly.

The card fits perfectly :-)

Looking forward to trying out odd sizes as and when I need them and making other things such as bows etc. but even if all it could do was make it that fast and easy to make an envelope to fit my usual size card it would be well worth the money.

Definitely recommend this product :-)

Mens Coolers Brand Microsuede Slip On Mule Clog Slipper 361 UK 9 Tan
Mens Coolers Brand Microsuede Slip On Mule Clog Slipper 361 UK 9 Tan
Offered by Socks Uwear®

1.0 out of 5 stars Each slipper was a different size!, 23 July 2014
I was in such a rush to get these wrapped for Christmas before he got in I didn't notice.

It was a long time before he decided to wear them and thought it too late by then to complain but was very disappointed.

Disco Bob
Disco Bob

5.0 out of 5 stars Try to listen to this and keep still!, 23 July 2014
This review is from: Disco Bob (MP3 Download)
I love this so much!

Very simple and monotonous but also brilliant and I can't keep still when I hear it.
Maybe I'll manage to refrain from leaping up and dancing every time the Homebase ad is on TV now that I can listen to it any time.

But who are Professor Bobo and Bosko Slim???
Well done whoever you are

Artiste 2 oz Acrylic Paint, Metallic Silver
Artiste 2 oz Acrylic Paint, Metallic Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Paints! Most Certainly NOT Just a Toy!!!, 15 Nov 2013
I have just tried these paints out on a picture frame and so far I am VERY pleased with the effect.

I am framing some botanical prints of daffodils for my bedroom in the Spring and I have the prints mounted on a watercolour wash I did where I used cling film to create a kind of ragged effect.

The colours of these sparkly acrylic paints are great but I did find that I couldn't get the orange I needed from mixing the rose with the gold and the green and yellow could not produce the right shade of green I needed so I added a little of my watercolour pigment to the mix and now have finished a test piece that is green on the outside gradually turning yellow (gold) for most of the width of the moulding with it turning slightly orange on the very inside.

It has dried with a wonderful sparkle and I love it.
For the next step I will spray the sample with a satin varnish and then after two coats lightly sand before the third coat of varnish.
If all comes out well I will post a picture here. If not, then I will need to rethink how I decorate my Obeche frames but the paints are marvellous and I can't wait to try them out in my purple and gold set of Christmas Tree Ornaments for the tree next year!

I am going to get the other set of metallic paints and I hope that they will be available for a long time as I can see myself purchasing them often.
If you want a beautiful, very easy to use, sparkly metallic acrylic paint then don't think twice. Buy them now!

I can see that they would be great for kids in the easy to use bottles and they could learn a lot by mixing the colours and trying them out on different materials but these are most definitely also suitable for crafters and artists in my opinion.

The delivery was prompt as well. Very happy.

Charnwood PFK04 Frame Joining Kit
Charnwood PFK04 Frame Joining Kit
Offered by biggersavingsltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Done Framers Corner, 1 Nov 2013
I received this item as a birthday gift back in January but have only just started using it.
The wedges went in easily enough but the corner of the wedges was about 2mm away from the actual mitre joint.

I called Framers Corner to tell them and after I answered a few questions over the phone, today (just two days after the call) I received a package with a new 'fence', which is the part that guides where you place the frame clamp.

I replaced them and now it works perfectly.
I was particularly impressed with this since they accepted that it was a gift and that it was purchased within the year without me having to ask my friend for the receipt!

I love this product.
As I am framing for myself at home I am needing to use the smaller amateur items of equipment and so long as you are not using a wood that is too hard such as oak this works like a dream!

I am gluing the frame first and letting it set in a band clamp (I got the Bessey BAN700 here from Amazon and left a review for this fantastic piece of kit) before using the PFK04 to add the wedges for extra strength and am extremely happy with the results.

Well done Framers Corner!

Bessey BAN700 Band Clamp
Bessey BAN700 Band Clamp

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fantastic bit of kit! Very highly recommended., 24 Oct 2013
I read the reviews on another site before making this purchase. There were only two reviews, one with 5 stars and the other with only 1.

The reviewer who awarded it only 1 star loved the clamp but was unhappy with the company selling it because (as with here on Amazon) they didn't make it clear that you actually do get 4 Bessey BVE Vario Angles with the item, so unless you need more than four you do NOT have to buy the extra six with it. The reviewer had done that and opened that package first and couldn't get a refund, so be warned.

This is a lot more expensive than other similar clamps but it works like a dream and the wonderful, ingenious 'Bessey BVE Vario Angles' are just that! Angled or hinged on a semi-circle of plastic that allow for different angles, not just the 90 degree angles that most other clamp systems provide you with. As an example of their application, I got this to use for picture frames, if I wanted to make an octagonal picture frame all I need to do is use another four of these babies and bob's your uncle! Ingenious.

I am not rushing out to order the extra 6 though because I am sure that as soon as I can afford it I will get at least two more of these so that I can have three picture frames setting with the glue at the same time. And if I do that then I will have enough if I ever have a picture frame or any other project that requires more.

About ease of use:
The 'Bessey BVE Vario Angles' have two slots that you place the webbing into making it so easy to add or remove them as you need.
It is so easy to release more webbing from the 7 metres provided and then once placed around whatever it is you need to clamp, tighten it up.

It's a dream! I am proud of myself for all the searching I did to find the best option and I can unreservedly recommend this product to anyone. Thank you Bessey!

Krinner Vario Christmas Tree Stand
Krinner Vario Christmas Tree Stand
Offered by Guaranteed Delivered before 23 December

5.0 out of 5 stars A great piece of epuipment - Yet another German made product in my home., 14 Dec 2012
This review is from: Krinner Vario Christmas Tree Stand
Believe all the hype in these reviews. I have just used this to put up my first 'real' Christmas Tree in over 25 years. It's brilliant! I had my Norway Spruce tree cut for me at a farm about a 40 minute drive away, brought it straight home and it was up in minutes. I will be recommending this to everyone I know who uses a real tree and doesn't have one.

MAAS Metal Polish 4 oz (113g) creme
MAAS Metal Polish 4 oz (113g) creme

5.0 out of 5 stars A-MAZ-ING ! ! !, 13 Dec 2012
I also got this product after the Telegraph review. I think that was at least two years ago if not longer. I bought the whole package, two tubes of the past one bottle of the liquid and a bottle of metal protecter with the polishing gloves.

Yes it is great for silver, brass, pewter and just brilliant for your stainless steel sink leaving it with waterproof protection! I love watching all the water running and jumping from the surface.

Amazon, I see this is out of stock and I hope that you rectify this asap!!!

What prompted my review today? I was trying to clean my windows in the living room which are double glazed. You know how you get those stubborn marks on the white PVC frames? I used my Karcher steamer on them first, then rubbed very hard with e-cloths, but alas there were still some stubborn stains remaining. I tried baby wipes, oil and a number of other methods which I knew would not harm the surface, all to no avail.

THEN I remembered .... back when I bought the Maars products they mentioned that it was good for plastics and I was amazed at how it transformed my mothers white plastic garden chairs to looking like new! I went and got it, put a dab on a cloth and two really stubborn marks just dissapeared. It wasn't until I did the whole frame that I realised that it wasn't as clean as I had thought. It now looks like it did the day it was installed.

But a whole, very large bay window frame? How much did I use? Is the bottle empty? NO
All those reviews that say it is expensive are obviously not comparing this to traditional metal polishes that need multiple heavier applications to achieve the same results. NO this product is actually VERY good value for money.

Thanks MAAS, I now have the perfect backdrop for my first "real" Christmas Tree in over 20 years.
After my cleaning efforts with the bay window I couldn't resist cleaning my fathers brass zippo lighter and his pewter hip flask which have sat on my bookshelves since he died back in 2001 (a photo of him sits between them). They now gleam and command attention which they never did before.

Don't hesitate
Buy this product
I make most of my own cleaning products and have as few chemicals as possible in my home.
But this product is worth making the exception for. It really is. I would never now be without it.

The Key to Living the Law of Attraction: The Secret To Creating the Life of Your Dreams
by Jack Canfield

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally AMAZING!!! Not the first Jack Canfield book I bought but a huge thank you to him for this one!, 8 Aug 2012
I too have read The Secret and I am now reading The Power and will then read The Magic. The results are so great that I will take as much of this stuff as I can get.

The Secret outlines the way that the Law of Attraction works but largely leaves you to work out your own ways to implement it into your life. I know that is a difficult concept to accept but now I just wish I'd got the book the first time it was ever mentioned to me.

This book is brilliant because it is packed with ideas on how to make it work in your every day life. I did what it said in the book and wonderful things keep happening to me. I have overcome the limiting outlook I had and although I am still just renting a flat at the age of 49 and am on a debt management plan I have reinstated my dream to own several holiday cottages in Somerset!

I only embarked upon it having learned about the reticular activating system, believing that this is what is behind it all. I believed that any opportunities that came my way would always have been there but that I wouldn't have recognised them without working hard on what it is I want in life and then that part of my brain would pick up on these things.

But over the last few weeks I have decided that there is a lot more to do with it than that!

And, at the end of the day, even if we didn't get what we asked for, if you follow Jacks advice you will find that it is a great way to keep you positive, grateful, appreciative and happy!!!! So you win anyway!

I would just say to anyone who has known about this idea and chosen to ignore it: Get into it right NOW! Order the books and start working on it. I am a driving instructor at the moment and have been since 1994 and I enjoy my job. But although I now don't see myself doing it for too much longer work is even more pleasurable for me now. Don't miss out!

Kärcher SC1402 Continuous Steam High Performance Steam Cleaner
Kärcher SC1402 Continuous Steam High Performance Steam Cleaner

5.0 out of 5 stars If you want to be green and fast with your cleaning get one of these!, 14 May 2011
I love this cleaner. I have just got it and used it to clean the bathroom (but not done the tiles yet). The taps I used to use Harpic on because of the limescale problem now look better than they have for years. It DOES remove limescale! In the manual it says to coat the limescale with vinegar and leave for 5 minutes before steaming. White vinegar from the supermarket is 5% acetic acid but I buy 80% acetic acid, which I dilute to various different strengths for different cleaning jobs around the home and use at 10% as a fabric softener. I sprayed it neat at 80% onto the limescale on the taps and round the sink plughole, left it for 5 minutes and the steamer blasted it away. Next time I will try 40% and then 20% until I find the optimum dilution that works but uses the minimum amount of my acetic acid.

This didn't work for the toilet bowl though as it's difficult to see and at 80% the hot water combined with the acid produced too many nasty fumes. It did remove the thick limescale but it's too awkward a process. But for sinks and baths it is very effective.

I cleaned a full size mirror with the steamer and after wiping away the water I finished it off with the e-cloth glass polishing cloth. This took less than one minute and the glass cloth was still clean and just needed leaving to dry out. I used it rather than the rubber to leave the mirror streak free. The job used to take about 10 minutes and I had dirty e-cloths to wash. Looking forward to cleaning all the tiles in a MUCH shorter time and with no chemical cleaners.

I have a pyrolytic oven but there is burnt on residue around the edges of the door that are not removed on the pyrolytic clean. This is not completely gone but I think on subsequent cleans I will be able to get rid of it with the Karcher SC 1402. It is now cleaner than it ever has been since I started using the cooker. Yes, it does blast it around the kitchen but once it's clean and is tackled regularly with the steamer I don't envisage that to be a problem. The outside of the cooker cleans up a treat with the steamer too.

I didn't attempt to pull it along via the hose and I personally didn't find it heavy with both the boiler tank and filler tank filled.

Cleaning the bathroom suite, full size mirror and the stubborn burnt on residue on the cooker door I filled the tank 3 times but it was my first use and you do need to fill it twice to begin. I do think that the filler tank is worth the extra money. It doesn't take long to reach operating temperature but I do think it would be a hassle having to wait for it to cool down before refilling. THEN I could imagine feeling that I didn't want to bother to use it some of the time.

I know I will need to often descale if I continue using tap water. The Karcher decalcifying sticks are maleic acid and you put one in with some tepid water and leave for 8 hours. I will be attempting to use hot 5% or 10% acetic acid for this job once I am sure it won't damage the machine which shouldn't take as long and will work out much cheaper. I use a 10% solution to decalcify my kettle in less than five minutes!

I feel that the reviewer who said they wouldn't get the machine out to clean the windows must love spending their life doing housework. Having done the large mirror I think I'd rather get the Karcher (easier than getting a bucket and filling it with water) and plug it in and get an e-cloth glass polishing cloth or two and get the job done in about 10% of the time it would normally take me. And without chemicals or needing to make up my own 'green' cleaning solution!

So in short, it's fast, it's green (if you prefer using electricity to harsh chemicals) and it leaves things cleaner than any previous attempts I've made. I have named my Karcher 'Bob' and he resides happily in a cupboard with Charles the wet/dry vacuum cleaner.

Page: 1 | 2