Profile for A reviewer from London > Reviews

Content by A reviewer fro...

A reviewer from London (London)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16
Myrtle Beach Running 4 Panel Cap Plain - One Size, White
Myrtle Beach Running 4 Panel Cap Plain - One Size, White

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as robust looking as it looks, 20 Jun. 2014
Seems very flimsy for the price.

In the event I discovered that the holder for the buckle was tearing through the fabric so I sent it back.

This is meant to be a reflective cap for when you are running at night, but I didn't test this.

BONAMART ® Women Men Unisex Web Belt Stretch Elastic Braided Canvas Fabric with Metal Buckle 105CM
Offered by BONAMART CO UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good value, 19 Jun. 2014
I am an affiiciando of elastic belts, including some quite expensive ones I have picked up when visiting Italy.

The webbing part of the belt is good quality, not as thick as an Italian one, but certainly better than some you find in the shops

the buckles has been chromed, so we will see how it lasts.

The 105 cm is from the the tip of the belt to the end of the buckle.

I hover around a 37inch trouser (between sizes) and to me this fits, but I normally prefer a 110cm one with a bit more overhang after the buckle.

Golf meets Mind: Mental Keys to Peak Performance (move your game Book 1)
Golf meets Mind: Mental Keys to Peak Performance (move your game Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for beginners and high handicappers, 21 May 2014
The Germans, from my experience of when living there, seem to like designed books with pictures, and this fits into the mold. The book is written by a lady who is a marketeer and a golfer, and is neither a PGA, scratch golfer or Sports Psychologist.

Nevertheless, her explanations of pre-shot, execution and post shot routines are very clear and better than some of the big names (who tend to ramble on a bit), with a reasonable level of supporting explanations, and other areas including body language and nutrition.

From some of the wording I think the target demographic is the Lady Golfer, and its made up of magazine like sections.

I think this book is ideal for a beginner or high handicapper.

Pause for Breath: Bringing the Practices of Mindfulness and Dialogue to Leadership Conversations
by Amanda Ridings

1.0 out of 5 stars Book Sent back, 21 May 2014
Unfortunately this book has the dubious honour, of being only the second book I have sent back for a refund since spending literally thousands of pounds on Amazon since 1990.

It's a long book, but its also very fluffy, and it just did not grab me.

Sorry

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Shirt and thin, 8 May 2014
It was a lot shorter than I expected (for a large size), and also a lot thinner.

Bought it elsewhere and returned it.

Attention!! the Secret to You Playing Great Golf
Attention!! the Secret to You Playing Great Golf
by Karl Morris

5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh and meaningful, 2 May 2014
Karl Morris as he points out in his book has been around for a long time and obviously has a very high profile in terms of Golf magazine comments, his high profile PGA clients and so on, and in a project for my Sports Psychology Masters I found he had impacted a significant numbers of PGA Professionals.

So does he say anything new.

I would say yes that compared to his older books and some other Golf Psychology books that have just come out he lays out a very clear path and reasons what to include in the preshot, shot and post shot routines.

I was interested to see how he considers keeping the mind on the 'One point' which comes from Aikido, where the one point is the hara just below the belly, can be changed in golf to be aware of a particular area, for example the left hip, as a means of keeping thoughts out during the swing.

In this book he is big on using questions to focus the mind (shades of Tony Robbins), which I thought is effective.

He introduces Lieutenant Colonel Dave Grossman's 4 square breathing taught to SWAT teams as a means of relaxing the body, which I actually taught to some fellow students, so it was nice to see it in the book.

There's a lot more, such as how to practice, the importance of concentrating on the process, and there's a list of content on his website. I think it's great book with good how to information for any level of golfer, and definitely fresh

Shame its not a Kindle book. I actually bought a pdf from the author's website but its the same price as the hardcopy.

Flow & Pre-Shot Routine: Golf Tips: Routine Leads to Success (Golf Mental Tips Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good summary but its part of her book Mental keys, 18 April 2014
A good description of how to do the preshot and post shot routine but it is a straight extract from her larger book mental keys

Stop Failing on the Golf Course: Save Shots and Play Better by Thinking Differently, not Changing Your Swing (The Pre-Shot Golf training system Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars Ends without giving much meat, 17 April 2014
This is a short book which ends abruptly, before really dealing with the mind game, and asks you to buy another book, 3 more lessons to stop you failing on the golf course, which is not available.

I would have rather that he charged more for a complete book, which acts more as a brochure for his lessons.

2011 Nike Dura Feel Golf Glove Left Hand White Medium
2011 Nike Dura Feel Golf Glove Left Hand White Medium
Offered by Style Discount UK

1.0 out of 5 stars Sent 2012 Model, 28 Jan. 2014
I ordered this as I liked it, but the seller sent the 2012 version, which is not as good -but not worth sending back.

he should remove the listing if he has not got in stock

Readiris Pro 14 for Windows (PC)
Readiris Pro 14 for Windows (PC)
Offered by iansyst

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as Omniscan 15, 18 Jan. 2014
I have had Omniscan 15 for years, but you have to activate each time it is loaded, and because of changing computers, HDD crashed etc it came to an end and their Support would not reply to my enquires.

So not buying from Omniscan again.

This had good reviews in the Press but I found that it doesn't do what I wanted before, which is mainly converting pdf files to Word format.

1 There;s a limit of 50 pages - so you have to break the pdf files into smaller bits.

2 It doesn't transfer the format across in any way that is recognisable so I have a lot of time to reformat it.

So - not worth buying for me.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16