Profile for sarajay > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
The Blue Lagoon
The Blue Lagoon

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly enjoyable, 16 May 2015
This review is from: The Blue Lagoon (Kindle Edition)
Lovely little story. Though the ending was a bit bitter sweet!

Baby Farmers
Baby Farmers

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT GOOD, 1 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Baby Farmers (Kindle Edition)
NOT GOOD. Very short. I expected to learn some social history, but this was rubbish! Perhaps I have inadvertently purchased a child's book, but a child would not learn a lot from this, and not at all exciting or interesting!

The Ba: a true story?
The Ba: a true story?

5.0 out of 5 stars Un-put-downable!, 27 Jan. 2015
I started reading this book thinking I was going to be reading a detective story, but quickly found myself immersed at intervals in the occult. I love words, and the language in this book is beautiful, sending me back to reread some paragraphs and phrases, so vivid was the narrative. I did find the portrayal of the black magic arts a little graphic, but it certainly conveyed the horror of the situations.
The story is compelling, with a very well developed plot, and leaves one wondering, could there be some truth here?

Speak Swahili, Dammit!: A tragic, funny African childhood
Speak Swahili, Dammit!: A tragic, funny African childhood

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 Dec. 2014
A compelling book

The Last Empress
The Last Empress

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 29 Dec. 2013
This review is from: The Last Empress (Kindle Edition)
So entranced by this tale based on fact. I had to go and look up a brief history of China, it is all so fascinating!

Tangled Vines (Tales of the Scavenger's Daughters Book 2)
Tangled Vines (Tales of the Scavenger's Daughters Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story!, 29 Dec. 2013
I LOVE these books. Such an enthralling story that I can't wait to get back to it after I've put it down.

Swift Traditional Tin Can Punch & Bottle Opener
Swift Traditional Tin Can Punch & Bottle Opener
Offered by BuzzBase

5.0 out of 5 stars At last!, 10 Dec. 2013
Been looking for one of these for years, as I remember my mother using one. So pleased to find it, I bought several to give to friends and family!

Tears of the Jaguar
Tears of the Jaguar

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 10 Dec. 2013
Great story. Combining archaeology, espionage, and British royal family connections. The tale expands and expands and kept me involved so I had to keep going back to see what happened next. A great read!

tesa 56172 Universal Double Sided Tape, 50mm x 25m
tesa 56172 Universal Double Sided Tape, 50mm x 25m

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 10 Dec. 2013
Wonderful, wonderful tape! I have a long carpet runner that has "walked" along the hallway for months. Tried everything to make it stay still but nothing worked. Until I tried this Tesa tape. Easy to apply, and the runner hasn't moved a millimetre since it's been down. Can't recommend it enough. Well worth the money!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 17, 2014 4:40 PM BST

The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place: Book I
The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place: Book I

5.0 out of 5 stars I didn't realise this was a teenagers book!, 29 Nov. 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed this, and the other two books in the series. A delightful tale, that kept me entranced. I did wonder why explanations were given for facts that I thought everyone would know, but then discovered the books were actually written for young adults. Never mind, it was a most enjoyable read. But I did find that the final story ended suddenly, with lots of loose ends still not tied up. Perhaps there will be another one?

Page: 1 | 2