Profile for Megan ReadingInTheSunshine > Reviews

Content by Megan ReadingI...
Top Reviewer Ranking: 121

Megan ReadingInTheSunshine (England)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
This is the Bear
This is the Bear
by Sarah Hayes

5.0 out of 5 stars A real classic story from my childhood!, 22 July 2015
This review is from: This is the Bear (Paperback)
This is a truly WONDERFUL story about a bear, a boy (and his dog!), and the adventure that the bear goes on! This is such a fun story with easy rhyming that has you and your child involved straight away, and makes for an exciting and fun story to share together! I have very fond memories of reading this as a child and have just bought it for my own new baby girl, and we are thoroughly enjoying reading the story and enjoying The Bear and his adventures!

Eliimo Perfecting Finish Sponge - Make Up Blender - Flawless Complexion Foundation Applicator - Hypoallergenic Pro Beauty Blending Sponge - Black
Offered by EliimoBeauty

5.0 out of 5 stars Very high quality item that gives a beautiful finish!, 22 July 2015
The Eliimo perfecting finish sponge is a premium and VERY high quality make up item. It arrived beautifully packaged in a clean finish box and a beautiful satin bag, infact I love the bag so much, its gorgeous! The sponge is definitely a sponge that will last long and will last well whilst giving you a high quality finish every single time. The Eliimo perfecting finish sponge is ever so easy to use, there are instructions provided and it is ever so simple to use to achieve your desired look. I am absolutely thrilled with the sponge, I had read reviews and so was hoping for good things but this product has REALLY impressed me. For me it is an essential piece to any make up collection!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 25, 2015 4:28 PM BST

I Love My Daddy
I Love My Daddy
by Sebastien Braun
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic gift for fathers, 16 July 2015
This review is from: I Love My Daddy (Board book)
I purchased this as a fathers day gift for my husband from our baby daughter. My husband loves reading it to her and it is wonderful that they have such a special story to share together. a beautiful tale of a daddy bear and a baby bear doing things together, with the final line "I love my daddy." Thoroughly recommended.

Of Triton (Syrena Legacy)
Of Triton (Syrena Legacy)
by Anna Banks

5.0 out of 5 stars Swoon worthy!, 16 July 2015
ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL. <3

It was everything I hoped it would be. The romance is just STUNNING and it is a beautiful mythical story that will make youu swoon!

Portmeirion Botanic Garden Bread Knife (Gift-Boxed)
Portmeirion Botanic Garden Bread Knife (Gift-Boxed)
Offered by China Presentations

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful knife, easy to use!, 15 May 2015
Beautiful knife! Having been a dedicated Portmeirion fan for a long time, I knew I needed this! This knife is perfect for general use but is wonderful to get out for special occasions.

I originally bought it to use to cut our wedding cake on our wedding day, and I feel that it was perfect for the day. On our wedding day, I received lots of compliments om how timeless and beautiful it is.

The knife cuts very well and looks stunning, A fantastic purchase!

The Happy Ever Afterlife of Rosie Potter (RIP)
The Happy Ever Afterlife of Rosie Potter (RIP)

5.0 out of 5 stars A novel that I will not forget, 15 May 2015
This novel grabbed my attention straight away, firstly the title really stood out to me, and then the description made it even more intriguing, and I knew I had to read this!

When Rosie Potter wakes up one morning with what she assumes is the world’s worst hangover, the last thing she expects is to discover that she’s actually dead. With a frustrating case of amnesia, suspicious circumstances surrounding her untimely demise, and stuck wearing her ugliest flannel PJs, Rosie must figure out not only what happened last night, but why on earth she’s still here. Slowly the mystery unravels, but there are many other secrets buried in the quiet Irish village of Ballycarragh, and nobody is as innocent as they first appear. Aided by the unlikeliest of allies in her investigation, Rosie discovers that life after death isn’t all it’s cracked up to be, particularly when you might just be falling in love . . .

I must say I really had no clue what to expect from this story, this storyline is pretty unique – Rosie Potter waking up to discover she’s actually not having a hangover but is in fact, dead. Wow that’s a good storyline! I really liked that it was from the point of view of a dead person, it just made the novel SO much more fascinating and I really loved this extra element.

Rosie is a fantastic character! She may be dead but her personality really shone throughout, and you can’t help but immediately like her from the beginning. Although she is dead Rosie wastes no time in deciding that the reason she is still here must be to discover what happened and find her killer, and I got behind her all the way, I spent the book cheering Rosie on and willing her to uncover the truth. Although this does sounds like a serious and sad story, trust me it really isn’t! There are plenty of humourous moments, I was laughing out loud! And although there are a few emotional moments, there is brightness and love and happiness there too, it’s a definite mixture of feelings but overall it will leave you feeling SO PLEASED that you have read it.

One thing I particularly liked about this novel is that I had no idea where it would take me next. There are some surprises in store and the story is one that has stayed with me long after finishing. I loved the message in the book and it is a story that I will not forget! The Happy Ever Afterlife Of Rosie Potter is engaging, it is thought-provoking and it is a beautifully refreshing story that I would thoroughly recommend.

Catch Me if You Cannes: Part 2
Catch Me if You Cannes: Part 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulously entertaining!, 11 May 2015
After an exciting first part to Catch Me If You Cannes, I was very eager to continue the next part!

Jess had been feeling on top of the world – she’d had the best night out with Bryony, making lots of fabulous new friends, and she’d MET A BOY! Now, all of a sudden, her carefully constructed (if slightly exaggerated) facade is about to come tumbling down. She’s had a taste of how the other half live and she’s not ready to give it up just yet – especially if it means also giving up Leo. But how long can Jess and Bryony continue pulling the wool over everyone’s eyes before they’re in too deep?

We are again reunited with the fabulous Jess and Bryony, continuing their whirlwind journey out in Cannes! I was so excited to be reunited with both Jess and Bryony, they make me laugh and smile constantly, and being back in their lives, catching up with their activities and what they’re up to in this installment was like meeting up with my best friends – full of laughter, fun, embarrassing moments and times that you will never forget!

In particular I especially enjoyed reading about Jess and her parts, like Jess I really loved Leo and oh how I wanted them to be together forever!! I love a good romance! I constantly looked forward to the scenes with Jess and Leo and I liked getting to know Leo more in this one too….wow he’s handsome and swoon-worthy!

I had a WONDERFUL afternoon reading this in the sunshine in my garden (and wishing I was abroad with the girls!), so whether you’re staying at home or going away on a sunny holiday, grab a drink and enjoy jumping back into this fabulously entertaining read for the summer!

The Chateau on the Lake
The Chateau on the Lake
by Charlotte Betts

5.0 out of 5 stars A captivating and emotional story - a BRILLIANT author, 10 May 2015
Having read and loved Charlotte’s previous novels, I was very excited to read The Chateau On The Lake.

1792. As a teacher at her parents’ Academy for Young Ladies in the heart of London, Madeleine Moreau has lived her life sheltered from the outside world. But on the night of a dazzling Masquerade, tragedy strikes and she is left alone in the world. Desperate to find the family she never knew, Madeleine impulsively travels to France in search of them. But with war around the corner, and fearing for Madeleine’s safety, the enigmatic Comte Etienne d’Aubery offers her protection at his home, Chateau Mirabelle. Chateau Mirabelle enchants Madeleine with its startling beauty, but it is a place of dark and haunting secrets. As the Revolution gathers momentum and the passions of the populace are enflamed, Madeleine must take control of her own destiny and unravel events of the past in order to secure a chance of future happiness.

I thoroughly enjoyed The Chateau On The Lake. With reading Charlotte’s previous novels I fell in love with her words and the way she writes, and with this novel it was like falling in love all over again. Charlotte writes with such emotion, such passion and puts such life into her words that it is impossible not to be completely swept up in her words and lost in the story.

Charlotte brings her stories to life and while I was reading it felt as though I had been transported there and was watching every scene unfold in front of me. Set in 1792, I knew bits about The French Revolution and what things were like at the time, but reading about it in The Chateau On The Lake really brought everything to life for me, the atmosphere at the time as well as the effects it had on everyone. I was gripped to the pages and was especially hooked to Madeleine and her journey….I didn’t put the book down as I was so desperate to find out what would happen to Madeleine and where the story would take her. The descriptions were excellent, everything was so richly described and vivid and I could see every scene happening in front of me. Charlotte’s focus on detail is something that makes her stories so captivating to read because everything just leaps from the pages into life.

I LOVED the romance in the novel…did I mention that Charlotte KNOWS how to write a fantastic romance? I really enjoyed these parts and constantly looked forward to more! As well as Madeleine and Etienne d’Aubery, there are a fascinating mix of characters to get to know. The Chateau On The Lake takes you on a captivating and emotional journey with Madeleine, and it is a stunning story that has stayed with me long after finishing the last page.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Very high quality headphones, fantastic sound and comfy to wear!, 4 May 2015
I was looking for a great pair of headphones that I could use with my laptop. I do a lot of things from home on the laptop and was keen to have headphones to listen to music as I went about my daily routine. And I must say these do a FANTASTIC job.

The headphones are fitted with a universal 3.5 mm jack which can be used with a wide range of mobile devices, multimedia devices, Computing and Gaming devices. I currently use mine with my laptop but I have checked and they can be easily and conveniently used with my phone and my mp3 player too! These headphones will go with practically any product so they really do have multiple uses and are very versatile!

The headphones are evidently a very high quality product! The sound quality is brilliant and professional, and these headphones give you everything you could really want sound wise. They are very comfy to wear, the headband adjusts and the headphones are padded for extra comfort. I went for the green headphones and I must say I REALLY like the colour and the design, they are stylish and really lightweight too, so they definitely do not feel heavy when you are wearing them.

I am really impressed with these headphones and I use them all the time. Thoroughly recommended.

Catch Me if You Cannes: Part 1
Catch Me if You Cannes: Part 1

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect read for the summer!, 4 May 2015
I am a MASSIVE fan of Lisa Dickenson and her books, I always love that her books have been so fresh and addictive before so I could not wait to read part 1 of her latest release – Catch Me If You Cannes! (I just LOVE the title so much I can’t even describe!)

Jess has decided it’s time to get out of her comfort zone and live a little. So when her best friend Bryony, a journalist on a gossip magazine, is sent to cover the Cannes Film Festival, Jess decides to seize the day and go along for the ride. Two weeks of glitz, glamour and exclusive entry into celeb-filled parties is just the kind of adventure Jess needs. Reality soon bites though when Jess and Bryony find they’re staying in a dingy hotel far away from all the action and Bryony’s expenses budget barely covers a glass of local wine. Undeterred, the two women are determined to live like the elite and enjoy one fancy night out to begin their holiday. So what if they have to tell a few white lies along the way? It’s just this once. No harm done . . . right?

Once again Lisa Dickenson has created a story that is filled with fun, laughter and has you hooked from the very beginning! Lisa’s writing is so addictive to read, she writes in such a way that you can’t help but fall in love with her writing and feel like Lisa is speaking to you personally, I always imagine her stories are like her telling me them herself over a few drinks – it just flows so easily and every moment spent in Lisa’s words is THOROUGHLY enjoyable.

The characters are AMAZING. I loved Bryony and Jess and I was SO excited for them to be going to Cannes, it was like they were living my dream! But when they find out they are staying in a dingy hotel far away from the action and not sipping wine and attending glitzy parties as they thought, I really really felt for them….I just wanted them to live life and have the best time over there! They are SO likeable and I really got behind both Bryony and Jess as they try to make the most of their time out there – I was so impressed with their determination! I liked that as well as the fun and the laughs there were a few more emotional moments too.

Lisa’s humour is back and it is FANTASTIC! I giggled, I snorted with laughter, and I smiled my way through the first part of what looks set to be a BRILLIANT story! And in the beautiful setting of Cannes too….this is the perfect read for the summer! I am certain the other parts will be as gripping and entertaining as the first, and I cannot wait to read them!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20