Profile for Megan ReadingInTheSunshine > Reviews

Content by Megan ReadingI...
Top Reviewer Ranking: 99

Megan ReadingInTheSunshine (England)
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Doris Day Vintage Film Club
The Doris Day Vintage Film Club
by Fiona Harper

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY enjoyable!, 20 April 2015
I am a BIG BIG fan of Fiona's novels, I own and have enjoyed every single book of hers so far, and so I was really excited to read The Doris Day Vintage Film Club!

Claire Bixby grew up watching Doris Day films at her grandmother's house and yearned to live in a world like the one on the screen - sunny, colourful and where happy endings with chiselled leading men were guaranteed. But recently Claire's opportunities for a little `pillow talk' have been thin on the ground. Until she meets mysterious Dominic. Nic is full of secrets but their connection is instant. Could he help Claire finding the Hollywood ending she's been searching for? Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps...

I REALLY enjoyed this, Fiona has such a way with words and her stories really sweep you up into the moment, the feel and the atmosphere of what is happening - I love that I can completely lose myself in her novels and spend a wonderful afternoon glued to the pages!

I fell in love with the characters in the story - especially Claire! I particularly felt I could relate to Claire, I too am a film lover and especially love beautiful story-lines and gorgeous men who are romantic and swoon-worthy and provide the happy ending I love so much! I still watch You've Got Mail multiple times a month and sigh over how romantic it truly is! Though this novel has now made me want to watch A LOT of Doris Day films! Claire is such a likeable character, and I really felt for her as she has been through some very hard and difficult times in the past, leading her to be growing up watching Doris Day films with her grandmother. Her adult life too had been lacking love, and so I really rooted for Claire and I desperately wanted her to find happiness.

Readers will absolutely LOVE Nic! I was completely fascinated by his individual story and his personality, and I must say I fell in love with him. I could gush about Nic all day but you really need to read about him, you will definitely like him I promise!! I always eagerly looked forward to his interactions with Claire. As well as Nic and Claire, there are also a wonderful range of characters to get to know and enjoy being with! This is just SUCH an enjoyable story, and it is the perfect book to relax with! The Doris Day Vintage Film Club is a delightful story that will have you absorbed throughout. THOROUGHLY recommended.

Indiscretion
Indiscretion
by Hannah Fielding

5.0 out of 5 stars A very powerful story that will have you gripped! Full of passion, danger and a fantastic setting!, 31 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Indiscretion (Hardcover)
Having been a fan of Hannah Fielding’s previous novels, I was especially excited to read her latest release, Indiscretion. I was immediately taken in by the cover of the book but as soon as I read the description on the back, I was keen to get started!

Spring, 1950. Alexandra de Falla, a half-English, half-Spanish young writer abandons her privileged but suffocating life in London and travels to Spain to be reunited with her long-estranged family. Instead of providing the sense of belonging she yearns for, the de Fallas are driven by seething emotions, and in the grip of the wild customs and traditions of Andalucia, all of which are alien to Alexandra. Among the strange characters and sultry heat of this country, she meets the man who awakens emotions she hardly knew existed. But their path is strewn with obstacles: dangerous rivals, unpredictable events, and inevitable indiscretions. What does Alexandra’s destiny hold for her in this flamboyant land of drama and all-consuming passions, where blood is ritually poured on to the sands of sun-drenched bullfighting arenas, mysterious gypsies are embroiled in magic and revenge, and beautiful dark-eyed dancers hide their secrets behind elegant lacy fans?

I REALLY enjoyed this book from Hannah Fielding. I liked Alexandra straight away, as a character she is very likeable, I related to her personality and I really felt a connection with her. I think I connected with Alexandra because like me, she is experiencing Spain and everything involved in her move there for the first time, and so I felt as though I was learning alongside her. The customs were truly fascinating – the dances, the gypsies, the bull-fighting, and the flamboyance and drama too…I was absolutely hooked to what I was reading and could not put it down! I did feel for Alexandra, I knew that this all was completely new too her and so another reason I was glued to the pages was because I desperately wanted to know how things would work out for her, both with this new lifestyle and traditions, and definitely how things would work out with Salvador! I was SO intrigued by Salvador, and Hannah’s writing is so good that I could feel the connection and sparks between Alexandra and Salvador radiating from the pages! Wow.

One thing that I love about Hannah’s novels in particular is her settings and how she always brings them to life. In this case it was 1950’s and Spain, and let me just say…wow! Hannah’s writing is so descriptive and flows so beautifully that you can’t help but be completely lost in her words and transported to wherever it is she is writing about. I have very little knowledge of Spain but Hannah;s words brought everything to life and created very vivid scenes for me, and it genuinely felt as though I had been transported there and was standing next to Alexandra watching every scene unfold in front of me. I could feel the hot temperature of Spain, I really sensed the atmosphere amongst Alexandra and the people she was with, and I was completely taken in by dancers, gypsies, masked balls…the beauty and glamour of it all and of everything else that was happening. I liked that this story was not an easy story, there is danger and tension within the pages and at times my heart raced when I was reading because I had no clue where Hannah would take me next!

Indiscretion is a powerful story that really captures you and pulls you in. Full of passion, danger, love and a fantastic setting, Indiscretion is a stunning story that is truly consuming and gripping – you won’t want to be parted from it!

Symphonized NRG Premium Genuine Wood In-ear Noise-isolating Headphones with Mic (Black)
Offered by SeventhContinent

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic quality - VERY impressed with these headphones!, 27 Mar. 2015
These earphones have a unique wooden design that produces really clear sound. I’m very pleased with the high fidelity sound and particularly with the clear low frequency bass response. The wires are covered with textile rather than rubber/plastic which allow the wires to hang without tangling and so these earphones are ideal for any portable device. These are BY FAR the best headphones I have used and I will definitely be buying more! Overall I’m very pleased with these earphones and would recommend them to anyone.

Ugreen Premium 3.5mm Auxiliary Male to Male Cable with Slim Aluminum Case Compatible for Apple iPhone 5/4S/4/iPod/iPhone/Samsung (3ft, White)

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic and essential audio cable!, 25 Mar. 2015
This is a rugged audio cable which is not particularly prone to tangling up which is ideal for connecting my mp3/mobile phone audio to stereo system and car audio system. This cable has SO many uses and is definitely worth the money, it works fantastically and it is an essential piece of equipment in my everyday life. I’m very pleased with the great quality of the cable and would recommend this to anyone.

Slow Burn (The Driven Series)
Slow Burn (The Driven Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars A hot read full of emotion and a fantastic storyline!, 25 Mar. 2015
I must say I absolutely loved the sound of Slow Burn, it was definitely a book I thought I might enjoy, and so I couldn’t wait to start it!

One night. That’s all it was supposed to be. Reeling from the sudden loss of her sister, Haddie Montgomery has sworn off relationships. All she wanted from Beckett Daniels was a sexy distraction to help her escape her pain for just a little while. There weren’t supposed to be any strings attached-so why can’t she shake the memory of that unforgettable night from her thoughts? Or the taste of his kiss from her lips? No matter how hard Haddie tries to forget about him, Becks relentlessly tries to prove that she should start living for today. But she is determined to avoid romantic commitment, and she can always use her ex-boyfriend’s reappearance to help snuff out the slow burn within her that Becks has sparked . . .Or will fate force her to realize that this kind of connection doesn’t come along very often and a chance at love is worth the risk?

Wow. I REALLY loved Slow Burn! I will say that this is my first book by K Bromberg but it certainly won’t be my last. Although this is a book in the Driven series, it reads very well as a standalone and you don’t need to have read any other books in order to fully enjoy this one.

I was absolutely captivated by Slow Burn from the very first pages, and I read the entire book in one sitting because it is a book that is truly impossible to put down once you pick it up. K Bromberg jumps fully into the novel straight away and from the very beginning there is action, emotion and a fantastic storyline that hooks you and doesn’t let you go.

I especially loved Haddie and Beckett, they went VERY well together and the tension and the chemistry between them was sizzling! I eagerly looked forward to every single scene where they were together, I was really rooting for them and was positively giddy with excitement whenever there were any interactions between them! They are addictive to read about together, and I loved every single detail we were given – every touch or even just a single look had me gripped! I fell head over heels in love with them, not only did they really suit each other but I liked them both as individuals, Haddie and Beckett both have fascinating personalities, and issues and things in their past that make them the people they are today. I really enjoyed that their backgrounds were explored too, as it made me like them even more and it brought them to life.

This story is full of gripping moments, sexy scenes, and a lot of raw and honest emotion that will have you racing through the pages. Slow Burn is a hot, steamy read that is absorbing and captivating from start to finish. I cannot wait to read more from K Bromberg!

Ugreen 20264 3 Ports USB 2.0 Hub with 10/100Mbps Ethernet Network Support Windows 8.1/8/7, XP, Vista, Mac OS X and Linux Compatible for Windows Surface Pro,IdeaPaD, MacBook Air, MacBook Retina and More Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Very convenient to use and highly functional!, 22 Mar. 2015
This simple plug in and play USB to ethernet adapter has a modern and sturdy design. This is ideal for connecting to a network using built-in ethernet with up to 100 Mbps while also acting as a USB hub with 3 ports. Providing all of this functionality and being small enough to pack into a bag is ideal while I’m on the move. Overall I’m very happy with the capability and convenience this adapter and so would recommend this to anyone.

Ugreen 20249 USB 3.0 to 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet Network Adapter Compatible for PC or Laptop, Windows Surface Pro,IdeaPaD, MacBook (Black B)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product, 22 Mar. 2015
My laptop has USB 3.0 but does not have Gigabit ethernet and so with the advent of the very high speed USB 3.0, I wanted as USB network adapter that could deliver the Gigabit ethernet speeds. The network connection speed with this adapter is noticeably much faster than the ethernet built into my laptop and its portability allows me to easily use it with other USB 3.0 devices too. I’m very pleased with this adapter and I recommend this for anyone, especially those looking for very fast network speeds.

Ugreen 4 PORTS USB 2.0 OTG Hub 4 ports Hub with OTG function Compatible for PC, Cell phones, EReaders, Tablets and More (4 Ports, White)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality and does everything I want it to, 21 Mar. 2015
This is a very good quality portable USB On-The-Go hub. This simple plug in and play hub has a very stylish round design which allows the widest USB sticks to be connected at the same time because of the USB port separation. It has a micro USB connection which is great when I want to connect my mobile phone or tablet for charging or file access. Overall I’m thrilled with this and would recommend it to anyone.

Ugreen 20291 4 Ports Super Speed USB 3.0 HUB with 80cm cable, Compact Design for your Microsoft Surface, Ultrabooks and MacBook etc. (80cm, Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed!, 21 Mar. 2015
I was looking for a portable USB 3.0 hub to allow extra storage devices to connect to my laptop and router. This simple plug in and play hub allows really fast file transfer speeds and the wider physical port separation allows even the widest USB sticks to be connected at the same time, which can be a problem with some hubs. I love the design of it, it's quite sleek and a nice colour and finish. Overall I’m very happy with this and would recommend it to anyone looking for additional USB 3.0 ports.

His Other Life
His Other Life

5.0 out of 5 stars Compelling and intriguing throughout, 19 Mar. 2015
This review is from: His Other Life (Kindle Edition)
I must say I was really intrigued by His Other Life straight away, not only is the cover completely eye-catching but the description was fascinating and I instantly wanted to know more.

Grace’s new husband Adam seems like the perfect package. Good looking, great job, completely charming – almost too good to be true . . . So when Adam suddenly disappears from Grace’s life, she is left bewildered and heartbroken. And with a lot of unanswered questions. As she tries desperately to find him, Grace opens a Pandora’s Box of secrets and lies – and starts to learn that Adam wasn’t so perfect after all. What shameful secrets was her husband hiding? Is Grace in danger? And can she survive the truth? However terrible it may be . . .

From the very beginning I found myself hooked to Beth’s writing and the story – I was captivated and fascinated by what I was reading in equal measures, and I always wanted to know more about Adam…just who is he? Where has he disappeared to and why? What really happened?

I liked Grace straight away, I really warmed to her character and I particularly felt for her with everything she was going through and the sudden disappearance of her husband Adam. I just wanted to reach out and give her a huge hug, she is truly devastated by what has happened and I spent the book very much backing her and rooting for her as she tried to discover the truth about Adam. Like Grace I was absolutely desperate to find out what had happened, and I raced through the story on Grace’s journey.

Beth Thomas is a great storyteller, she unravelled details over time and I had no idea which way the storyline would go, so I thoroughly enjoyed all the revelations and putting the pieces together along with Grace. His Other Life is a compelling and intriguing story that will have your attention throughout.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20