Profile for Megan ReadingInTheSunshine > Reviews

Content by Megan ReadingI...
Top Reviewer Ranking: 105

Megan ReadingInTheSunshine (England)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Portmeirion Botanic Garden Bread Knife (Gift-Boxed)
Portmeirion Botanic Garden Bread Knife (Gift-Boxed)
Offered by China Presentations

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful knife, easy to use!, 15 May 2015
Beautiful knife! Having been a dedicated Portmeirion fan for a long time, I knew I needed this! This knife is perfect for general use but is wonderful to get out for special occasions.

I originally bought it to use to cut our wedding cake on our wedding day, and I feel that it was perfect for the day. On our wedding day, I received lots of compliments om how timeless and beautiful it is.

The knife cuts very well and looks stunning, A fantastic purchase!

The Happy Ever Afterlife of Rosie Potter (RIP)
The Happy Ever Afterlife of Rosie Potter (RIP)

5.0 out of 5 stars A novel that I will not forget, 15 May 2015
This novel grabbed my attention straight away, firstly the title really stood out to me, and then the description made it even more intriguing, and I knew I had to read this!

When Rosie Potter wakes up one morning with what she assumes is the world’s worst hangover, the last thing she expects is to discover that she’s actually dead. With a frustrating case of amnesia, suspicious circumstances surrounding her untimely demise, and stuck wearing her ugliest flannel PJs, Rosie must figure out not only what happened last night, but why on earth she’s still here. Slowly the mystery unravels, but there are many other secrets buried in the quiet Irish village of Ballycarragh, and nobody is as innocent as they first appear. Aided by the unlikeliest of allies in her investigation, Rosie discovers that life after death isn’t all it’s cracked up to be, particularly when you might just be falling in love . . .

I must say I really had no clue what to expect from this story, this storyline is pretty unique – Rosie Potter waking up to discover she’s actually not having a hangover but is in fact, dead. Wow that’s a good storyline! I really liked that it was from the point of view of a dead person, it just made the novel SO much more fascinating and I really loved this extra element.

Rosie is a fantastic character! She may be dead but her personality really shone throughout, and you can’t help but immediately like her from the beginning. Although she is dead Rosie wastes no time in deciding that the reason she is still here must be to discover what happened and find her killer, and I got behind her all the way, I spent the book cheering Rosie on and willing her to uncover the truth. Although this does sounds like a serious and sad story, trust me it really isn’t! There are plenty of humourous moments, I was laughing out loud! And although there are a few emotional moments, there is brightness and love and happiness there too, it’s a definite mixture of feelings but overall it will leave you feeling SO PLEASED that you have read it.

One thing I particularly liked about this novel is that I had no idea where it would take me next. There are some surprises in store and the story is one that has stayed with me long after finishing. I loved the message in the book and it is a story that I will not forget! The Happy Ever Afterlife Of Rosie Potter is engaging, it is thought-provoking and it is a beautifully refreshing story that I would thoroughly recommend.

Catch Me if You Cannes: Part 2
Catch Me if You Cannes: Part 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulously entertaining!, 11 May 2015
After an exciting first part to Catch Me If You Cannes, I was very eager to continue the next part!

Jess had been feeling on top of the world – she’d had the best night out with Bryony, making lots of fabulous new friends, and she’d MET A BOY! Now, all of a sudden, her carefully constructed (if slightly exaggerated) facade is about to come tumbling down. She’s had a taste of how the other half live and she’s not ready to give it up just yet – especially if it means also giving up Leo. But how long can Jess and Bryony continue pulling the wool over everyone’s eyes before they’re in too deep?

We are again reunited with the fabulous Jess and Bryony, continuing their whirlwind journey out in Cannes! I was so excited to be reunited with both Jess and Bryony, they make me laugh and smile constantly, and being back in their lives, catching up with their activities and what they’re up to in this installment was like meeting up with my best friends – full of laughter, fun, embarrassing moments and times that you will never forget!

In particular I especially enjoyed reading about Jess and her parts, like Jess I really loved Leo and oh how I wanted them to be together forever!! I love a good romance! I constantly looked forward to the scenes with Jess and Leo and I liked getting to know Leo more in this one too….wow he’s handsome and swoon-worthy!

I had a WONDERFUL afternoon reading this in the sunshine in my garden (and wishing I was abroad with the girls!), so whether you’re staying at home or going away on a sunny holiday, grab a drink and enjoy jumping back into this fabulously entertaining read for the summer!

The Chateau on the Lake
The Chateau on the Lake
by Charlotte Betts

5.0 out of 5 stars A captivating and emotional story - a BRILLIANT author, 10 May 2015
Having read and loved Charlotte’s previous novels, I was very excited to read The Chateau On The Lake.

1792. As a teacher at her parents’ Academy for Young Ladies in the heart of London, Madeleine Moreau has lived her life sheltered from the outside world. But on the night of a dazzling Masquerade, tragedy strikes and she is left alone in the world. Desperate to find the family she never knew, Madeleine impulsively travels to France in search of them. But with war around the corner, and fearing for Madeleine’s safety, the enigmatic Comte Etienne d’Aubery offers her protection at his home, Chateau Mirabelle. Chateau Mirabelle enchants Madeleine with its startling beauty, but it is a place of dark and haunting secrets. As the Revolution gathers momentum and the passions of the populace are enflamed, Madeleine must take control of her own destiny and unravel events of the past in order to secure a chance of future happiness.

I thoroughly enjoyed The Chateau On The Lake. With reading Charlotte’s previous novels I fell in love with her words and the way she writes, and with this novel it was like falling in love all over again. Charlotte writes with such emotion, such passion and puts such life into her words that it is impossible not to be completely swept up in her words and lost in the story.

Charlotte brings her stories to life and while I was reading it felt as though I had been transported there and was watching every scene unfold in front of me. Set in 1792, I knew bits about The French Revolution and what things were like at the time, but reading about it in The Chateau On The Lake really brought everything to life for me, the atmosphere at the time as well as the effects it had on everyone. I was gripped to the pages and was especially hooked to Madeleine and her journey….I didn’t put the book down as I was so desperate to find out what would happen to Madeleine and where the story would take her. The descriptions were excellent, everything was so richly described and vivid and I could see every scene happening in front of me. Charlotte’s focus on detail is something that makes her stories so captivating to read because everything just leaps from the pages into life.

I LOVED the romance in the novel…did I mention that Charlotte KNOWS how to write a fantastic romance? I really enjoyed these parts and constantly looked forward to more! As well as Madeleine and Etienne d’Aubery, there are a fascinating mix of characters to get to know. The Chateau On The Lake takes you on a captivating and emotional journey with Madeleine, and it is a stunning story that has stayed with me long after finishing the last page.

Ausdom® F01 Lightweight Wired Over Ear Headphones, Sports/gym Headphones, PC Gaming Headset, Stereo Earphones With In-Line Mic Compatible For iPhone, iPad , iPod, Laptop, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Motorola nexus 6, Motorola moto x, Lumia 925, Nokia Lumia 925/1020/920, Htc desire 500, Blackberry q5/z30, Google Nexus 6, Blackberry q5, HTC Desire X, Moto g, Sony Xperia z1 And Etc (Green)
Offered by Gedigitech

5.0 out of 5 stars Very high quality headphones, fantastic sound and comfy to wear!, 4 May 2015
I was looking for a great pair of headphones that I could use with my laptop. I do a lot of things from home on the laptop and was keen to have headphones to listen to music as I went about my daily routine. And I must say these do a FANTASTIC job.

The headphones are fitted with a universal 3.5 mm jack which can be used with a wide range of mobile devices, multimedia devices, Computing and Gaming devices. I currently use mine with my laptop but I have checked and they can be easily and conveniently used with my phone and my mp3 player too! These headphones will go with practically any product so they really do have multiple uses and are very versatile!

The headphones are evidently a very high quality product! The sound quality is brilliant and professional, and these headphones give you everything you could really want sound wise. They are very comfy to wear, the headband adjusts and the headphones are padded for extra comfort. I went for the green headphones and I must say I REALLY like the colour and the design, they are stylish and really lightweight too, so they definitely do not feel heavy when you are wearing them.

I am really impressed with these headphones and I use them all the time. Thoroughly recommended.

Catch Me if You Cannes: Part 1
Catch Me if You Cannes: Part 1

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect read for the summer!, 4 May 2015
I am a MASSIVE fan of Lisa Dickenson and her books, I always love that her books have been so fresh and addictive before so I could not wait to read part 1 of her latest release – Catch Me If You Cannes! (I just LOVE the title so much I can’t even describe!)

Jess has decided it’s time to get out of her comfort zone and live a little. So when her best friend Bryony, a journalist on a gossip magazine, is sent to cover the Cannes Film Festival, Jess decides to seize the day and go along for the ride. Two weeks of glitz, glamour and exclusive entry into celeb-filled parties is just the kind of adventure Jess needs. Reality soon bites though when Jess and Bryony find they’re staying in a dingy hotel far away from all the action and Bryony’s expenses budget barely covers a glass of local wine. Undeterred, the two women are determined to live like the elite and enjoy one fancy night out to begin their holiday. So what if they have to tell a few white lies along the way? It’s just this once. No harm done . . . right?

Once again Lisa Dickenson has created a story that is filled with fun, laughter and has you hooked from the very beginning! Lisa’s writing is so addictive to read, she writes in such a way that you can’t help but fall in love with her writing and feel like Lisa is speaking to you personally, I always imagine her stories are like her telling me them herself over a few drinks – it just flows so easily and every moment spent in Lisa’s words is THOROUGHLY enjoyable.

The characters are AMAZING. I loved Bryony and Jess and I was SO excited for them to be going to Cannes, it was like they were living my dream! But when they find out they are staying in a dingy hotel far away from the action and not sipping wine and attending glitzy parties as they thought, I really really felt for them….I just wanted them to live life and have the best time over there! They are SO likeable and I really got behind both Bryony and Jess as they try to make the most of their time out there – I was so impressed with their determination! I liked that as well as the fun and the laughs there were a few more emotional moments too.

Lisa’s humour is back and it is FANTASTIC! I giggled, I snorted with laughter, and I smiled my way through the first part of what looks set to be a BRILLIANT story! And in the beautiful setting of Cannes too….this is the perfect read for the summer! I am certain the other parts will be as gripping and entertaining as the first, and I cannot wait to read them!

The Doris Day Vintage Film Club: A hilarious, feel-good holiday read
The Doris Day Vintage Film Club: A hilarious, feel-good holiday read
by Fiona Harper

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY enjoyable!, 20 April 2015
I am a BIG BIG fan of Fiona's novels, I own and have enjoyed every single book of hers so far, and so I was really excited to read The Doris Day Vintage Film Club!

Claire Bixby grew up watching Doris Day films at her grandmother's house and yearned to live in a world like the one on the screen - sunny, colourful and where happy endings with chiselled leading men were guaranteed. But recently Claire's opportunities for a little `pillow talk' have been thin on the ground. Until she meets mysterious Dominic. Nic is full of secrets but their connection is instant. Could he help Claire finding the Hollywood ending she's been searching for? Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps...

I REALLY enjoyed this, Fiona has such a way with words and her stories really sweep you up into the moment, the feel and the atmosphere of what is happening - I love that I can completely lose myself in her novels and spend a wonderful afternoon glued to the pages!

I fell in love with the characters in the story - especially Claire! I particularly felt I could relate to Claire, I too am a film lover and especially love beautiful story-lines and gorgeous men who are romantic and swoon-worthy and provide the happy ending I love so much! I still watch You've Got Mail multiple times a month and sigh over how romantic it truly is! Though this novel has now made me want to watch A LOT of Doris Day films! Claire is such a likeable character, and I really felt for her as she has been through some very hard and difficult times in the past, leading her to be growing up watching Doris Day films with her grandmother. Her adult life too had been lacking love, and so I really rooted for Claire and I desperately wanted her to find happiness.

Readers will absolutely LOVE Nic! I was completely fascinated by his individual story and his personality, and I must say I fell in love with him. I could gush about Nic all day but you really need to read about him, you will definitely like him I promise!! I always eagerly looked forward to his interactions with Claire. As well as Nic and Claire, there are also a wonderful range of characters to get to know and enjoy being with! This is just SUCH an enjoyable story, and it is the perfect book to relax with! The Doris Day Vintage Film Club is a delightful story that will have you absorbed throughout. THOROUGHLY recommended.

Indiscretion
Indiscretion
by Hannah Fielding

5.0 out of 5 stars A very powerful story that will have you gripped! Full of passion, danger and a fantastic setting!, 31 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Indiscretion (Hardcover)
Having been a fan of Hannah Fielding’s previous novels, I was especially excited to read her latest release, Indiscretion. I was immediately taken in by the cover of the book but as soon as I read the description on the back, I was keen to get started!

Spring, 1950. Alexandra de Falla, a half-English, half-Spanish young writer abandons her privileged but suffocating life in London and travels to Spain to be reunited with her long-estranged family. Instead of providing the sense of belonging she yearns for, the de Fallas are driven by seething emotions, and in the grip of the wild customs and traditions of Andalucia, all of which are alien to Alexandra. Among the strange characters and sultry heat of this country, she meets the man who awakens emotions she hardly knew existed. But their path is strewn with obstacles: dangerous rivals, unpredictable events, and inevitable indiscretions. What does Alexandra’s destiny hold for her in this flamboyant land of drama and all-consuming passions, where blood is ritually poured on to the sands of sun-drenched bullfighting arenas, mysterious gypsies are embroiled in magic and revenge, and beautiful dark-eyed dancers hide their secrets behind elegant lacy fans?

I REALLY enjoyed this book from Hannah Fielding. I liked Alexandra straight away, as a character she is very likeable, I related to her personality and I really felt a connection with her. I think I connected with Alexandra because like me, she is experiencing Spain and everything involved in her move there for the first time, and so I felt as though I was learning alongside her. The customs were truly fascinating – the dances, the gypsies, the bull-fighting, and the flamboyance and drama too…I was absolutely hooked to what I was reading and could not put it down! I did feel for Alexandra, I knew that this all was completely new too her and so another reason I was glued to the pages was because I desperately wanted to know how things would work out for her, both with this new lifestyle and traditions, and definitely how things would work out with Salvador! I was SO intrigued by Salvador, and Hannah’s writing is so good that I could feel the connection and sparks between Alexandra and Salvador radiating from the pages! Wow.

One thing that I love about Hannah’s novels in particular is her settings and how she always brings them to life. In this case it was 1950’s and Spain, and let me just say…wow! Hannah’s writing is so descriptive and flows so beautifully that you can’t help but be completely lost in her words and transported to wherever it is she is writing about. I have very little knowledge of Spain but Hannah;s words brought everything to life and created very vivid scenes for me, and it genuinely felt as though I had been transported there and was standing next to Alexandra watching every scene unfold in front of me. I could feel the hot temperature of Spain, I really sensed the atmosphere amongst Alexandra and the people she was with, and I was completely taken in by dancers, gypsies, masked balls…the beauty and glamour of it all and of everything else that was happening. I liked that this story was not an easy story, there is danger and tension within the pages and at times my heart raced when I was reading because I had no clue where Hannah would take me next!

Indiscretion is a powerful story that really captures you and pulls you in. Full of passion, danger, love and a fantastic setting, Indiscretion is a stunning story that is truly consuming and gripping – you won’t want to be parted from it!

Symphonized NRG Premium Genuine Wood In-ear Noise-isolating Headphones with Mic (Black)
Offered by SeventhContinent

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic quality - VERY impressed with these headphones!, 27 Mar. 2015
These earphones have a unique wooden design that produces really clear sound. I’m very pleased with the high fidelity sound and particularly with the clear low frequency bass response. The wires are covered with textile rather than rubber/plastic which allow the wires to hang without tangling and so these earphones are ideal for any portable device. These are BY FAR the best headphones I have used and I will definitely be buying more! Overall I’m very pleased with these earphones and would recommend them to anyone.

Ugreen Premium 3.5mm Auxiliary Male to Male Cable with Slim Aluminum Case Compatible for Apple iPhone 5/4S/4/iPod/iPhone/Samsung (3ft, White)
Offered by UGREEN GROUP LIMITED UK

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic and essential audio cable!, 25 Mar. 2015
This is a rugged audio cable which is not particularly prone to tangling up which is ideal for connecting my mp3/mobile phone audio to stereo system and car audio system. This cable has SO many uses and is definitely worth the money, it works fantastically and it is an essential piece of equipment in my everyday life. I’m very pleased with the great quality of the cable and would recommend this to anyone.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20