Profile for Megan ReadingInTheSunshine > Reviews

Content by Megan ReadingI...
Top Reviewer Ranking: 76

Megan ReadingInTheSunshine (England)
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
I'll Take New York
I'll Take New York
by Miranda Dickinson

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly stunning story, 10 Dec 2014
This review is from: I'll Take New York (Paperback)
I always eagerly look forward to Miranda’s books – and I was especially excited about I’ll Take New York!

When her boyfriend lets her down for the last time, Brooklyn bookshop owner Bea James makes a decision – no more. No more men, no more heartbreak, and no more pain. Jake Steinmann is making a new start too, leaving his broken marriage behind in San Francisco. From now on there’ll just be one love in his life: New York. Bea and Jake meet at a party, and decide there’s just one thing for it. They will make a pact: no more relationships.

I was particularly excited about I’ll Take New York because a few characters from Miranda’s book Fairytale Of New York are brought back, and it was REALLY lovely to be reunited with them! I had always wondered what had happened to Rosie and Ed and oh it was just wonderful to be with them again.

I LOVED Bea and Jake – they are such wonderful characters who really come to life with Miranda’s incredible writing. I really liked Bea’s personality, I loved how she worked at a book shop and had so much care for the books in her shop. I know I’m probably not the only reader to have completely fallen in love with Jake over the course of the novel either!

The setting of New York is just magical, there is no other way to describe it. It is vibrant and lively and romantic and “home” and everything I always hope that New York would be. Miranda always puts so much into her books and it shows – there is romance, there is emotional moments, there is hope, friendship and love. I’ll Take New York is a truly stunning story that everyone should be reading this Christmas.

Christmas for One
Christmas for One
by Amanda Prowse

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect festive read this Christmas!, 5 Dec 2014
This review is from: Christmas for One (Paperback)
I always look forward to Amanda’s novels and so I was particularly excited about Christmas For One. I think the cover is stunning and I couldn’t wait to get started!

Meg always dreamed of the perfect Christmas but never had one as a child. This year she can make it come true for her own little boy Lucas – turkey, a tree, a stocking – everything to make a wonderful Christmas! Who cares if there’s no man in the picture? But a chance meeting with a stranger in New York unravels her plans…will Meg get everything she’s wished for and the Christmas she has always wanted?

I absolutely loved this! Amanda is a favourite author of mine and I love the way that she draws you in straight away to the story so that you feel like you are part of it yourself. I was swept up in this wonderful story ad I didn’t put it down once!

I was so thrilled to be able to get to know Meg and Lucas more! I really love Meg, and over the course of the novel she came to be like a best friend for me. I loved her personality and I desperately wanted a happy ending for Meg and for her to get everything she had ever dreamed of. Lucas is brilliant and really adorable, he makes a fantastic addition to the story!

I don’t want to spoil what is a truly beautiful and emotional story, so please read it! Christmas For One is romantic, heartwarming and the perfect festive read this Christmas!

Captivated by You (Crossfire)
Captivated by You (Crossfire)
by Sylvia Day

5.0 out of 5 stars A great addition to the Crossfire series!, 2 Dec 2014
I’ve been a fan of Sylvia Day or a long time, and I have especially enjoyed following her Crossfire series, and so like many others I was eagerly awaiting the newest release – Captivated By You.

In Captivated By You, we continue to follow the story of Gideon and Eva, and I really loved being back with them! I raced through the story and I finished it in a day.

My most favourite thing was that there was a dual point of view, and I particularly loved really being able to get inside Gideon’s head, to see things and read his emotions and feelings from his side! I cannot tell you how much I loved these parts – I really felt we get to know Gideon even more as we are really opened up to him and what he is feeling. Like many others I am totally taken with Gideon and seeing this side to him made me fall in love with him even more. He is sexy, he is manly, he is protective, but he’s also very vulnerable too. I love Eva’s parts and her personality but for me Gideon really shone in this book!

There is a lot of emotion in this novel, and I really enjoyed seeing how far Eva and Gideon have come, and being able to continue on their journey with them. If you are a fan of Sylvia Day then you definitely need this, and if you haven’t yet read the Crossfire series, then please start it because you are in for a treat! Captivated By You is a hot, sexy, involving book to enjoy getting lost in.

The Stall of Second Chances
The Stall of Second Chances
by Dana Bate

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly enjoyable!, 1 Dec 2014
I absolutely loved the cover of this book – it is gorgeous! I was also really taken with the description too, so I couldn’t wait to get started!

Sydney Strauss is a lady who LOVES food – not just eating it but but writing about it to as an aspiring cookery reporter. But food journalism jobs are hard to come by, and so she’s stuck working for one of TV’s biggest egomaniacs – until she’s left scrabbling for shifts at the local farmers market. Being around food again, Sydney starts writing and her stories soon catch attention…could this make her career?

I really enjoyed this! I am a huge lover of food-related books and so for me this was a winner! I will warn you – this book may make you hungry! But Dana has the answer to that too because at the back of the book there is some brilliant recipes for you to try, I’m already planning on trying them out soon! Dana writes in a way that the story flows fantastically and has you absorbed from the moment you pick it up.

I really liked Sydney! I don’t want to spoil it too much but it really is a roller-coaster ride with her!!! I laughed with her, I cringed, I rooted for her, and I was just gripped wanting to know how it would go for her!

The Stall Of Second Chances is a thoroughly enjoyable novel full of food, laughter, love and a great storyline! Definitely recommended.

Leaving Time
Leaving Time
by Jodi Picoult

5.0 out of 5 stars Emotional, involving and gripping, 26 Nov 2014
This review is from: Leaving Time (Hardcover)
I am a huge Jodi Picoult fan and so I was eagerly awaiting her latest release, Leaving Time.

Jenna Metcalf’s mother disappeared in tragic and mysterious circumstances, and although Jenna was with her, she remembers nothing. Over ten years have passed, and Jenna still searches her mother’s journals which recorded her research with elephants for clues. With no further clues, Jenna enlists the help of a private detective and a physic….but can they help Jenna to discover what happened and find out the truth?

I really enjoyed this! Jodi has SUCH a talent of drawing you in straight away and holding you there long after finishing the last page. I felt as though I was right there beside Jenna as she went on her journey to discover the truth about her mother and to find out what had happened.

Jodi has done a lot of research for this book and it shows – the elephant sections are detailed and rich, and I found I could picture each scene clearly in my mind.

One of the best parts of Leaving Time is that it is surprising, there was a twist and scenes that I did not see coming or could even guess at, and I really want to talk about it but I can’t. All I can say is wow…you need to read this for yourself! Jodi has written a fantastic, emotional and involving book that will have you absorbed throughout.

Breaking Love: Full Hearts 2
Breaking Love: Full Hearts 2
by MJ Summers

5.0 out of 5 stars Steamy and very enjoyable!, 21 Nov 2014
I really loved the sound of Breaking Love, and I was particularly excited to read it. I should mention that Breaking In Love is part of a series, but it is perfectly fine to read this one as a standalone, as that is what I did and it was thoroughly enjoyable!

MJ Summers definitely knows how to write a great story! I had never read any of MJ’s books before but I was drawn in straight away by Breaking Love, the storyline is fascinating and addictive in equal measures!

I really liked Megan and Luc – they had SUCH chemistry ad I fell I love with the way they bonded and went together, I feel they were really suited for each other! One of the things I liked most was that Megan and Luc had their own lives, and their own background stories, and I liked that we were able to see them as individuals as well as their scenes together. I loved the passion between them and I was hooked to their story wanting to know what would happen to them and how their journey together would progress.

If you like a romantic book with a bit of drama, and characters that you will fall in love with and root for then this is for you! Breaking Love is a romantic and steamy novel that is very enjoyable from start to finish.

The Great Christmas Knit Off
The Great Christmas Knit Off
by Alexandra Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars A delightful story to fall in love with!, 18 Nov 2014
Having LOVED Alex’s previous Carriington’s book series, I was so excited for The Great Christmas Knit Off as it is not only a brand new book from Alexandra but the start of a whole new series!

After being left heartbroken from being jilted at the altar, Sybil throws herself into her favourite hobby – knitting. But then after a disaster at work too, Sybil decides to make a hasty exit and a few weeks before Christmas runs away to the picturesque village of Tindledale. There she discovers Hettie’s House of Haberdashery, a place dedicated to knitting and needle craft! But the shop is due for closure – can Sybil and her love of knitting help?

This book is the book you should all be reading and getting cosy with! The setting of Tindledale is BEAUTIFUL. I instantly wanted to pack my bags, move there and live happily alongside Sybil and the others! Tindledale sounds like the perfect village – it is so welcoming and will definitely warm your heart this Christmas!

I loved Sybil – we meet her when she is going through a hard time in her life and I felt for her straight away. As I read on I liked her more and more, and by the end it felt as though I had known her for yeas and like she was one of my best friends. There are so many fun and vibrant characters to meet – Hettie in particular is a fantastic addition and I thoroughly enjoyed her scenes. There is even the cutest black Scottie dog called Basil to fall in love with!

Please don’t worry if you’re unsure about the knitting aspect, or you don’t do knitting – I had never knitted in my life before reading this (so I have zero experience in the knitting zone) but I was so swept up in the story and I loved the sound of all the knitted Christmas jumpers! I now wish I could knit myself!

The Great Christmas Knit Off is a truly delightful story that deserves to be read and enjoyed this Christmas. Alexandra Brown draws you in instantly with a captivating story, characters to root for and love, and a community and village to fall in love with! Alexandra has created a novel full of emotion, fun, and warm feelings too. Put on your Christmas jumper, grab a hot drink and enjoy getting lost in this stunning story.

Hard Time
Hard Time

5.0 out of 5 stars Thrilling, exciting and steamy a must read!, 6 Nov 2014
This review is from: Hard Time (Kindle Edition)
I haven’t read anything by Cara McKenna before and I must say I LOVED the sound of this novel so I was really excited to start it.

Annie Goodhouse doesn’t need to be warned about bad boys; good sense and an abusive ex have given her plenty of reasons to play it safe. But when she steps into her new role as outreach librarian for Cousins Correctional Facility, no amount of good sense can keep her mind – or eyes – off inmate Eric Collier. Eric doesn’t claim to be innocent of the crime that landed him in prison. In fact, he’d do it again if that’s what it took to keep his family safe. Loyalty and force are what he knows. But meeting Annie makes him want to know more. When Eric begins courting Annie through letters, they embark on a reckless, secret romance – a forbidden fantasy that neither imagines could ever be real…until early parole for Eric changes everything, and forces them both to face a past they can’t forget, and a desire they can’t deny.

I really enjoyed this! I’ve never read anything quite like this before with the plot and the setting of the prison, and so for me this was very exciting to read about. I loved the setting of the Correctional Facility, it made everything more intense more exciting and I was gripped because I constantly wanted to read on to find out what would happen and how things would develop.

Both Eric and Annie had me hooked! The tension between them was sizzling, I loved their forbidden interactions and their secrets, and I was completely involved in their journey, even more so when things stepped up a gear. I especially fell in love with Eric, and I didn’t expect to because of his circumstances, but he won me over very quickly and I looked forward to every scene he was in.

Hard Time is a thrilling, exciting, sexy and steamy novel that needs to be on everyone’s shopping list! This is a romance with a difference and one that will stay in your mind long after finishing the last page.

Diamonds in the Rough (The Secret Diamond Sisters - Book 2)
Diamonds in the Rough (The Secret Diamond Sisters - Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic story full of drama & surprises - a really fun read!, 5 Nov 2014
The three Diamond sisters survived the summer in style after coming to live with their long-lost billionaire father. But making a place for themselves at their exclusive new Las Vegas private school is throwing them any number of gold-plated curves. Savannah’s YouTube stardom turns into a Sweet Sixteen reality show extravaganza–with complimentary enemies on the side. Dangerous flirtations don’t keep Peyton from a gamble that will risk far more than she planned to bet. And when Courtney and the sisters’ archenemy, Madison, uncover two explosive secrets, it will rock even this town of glittering illusion–and turn their lives upside down all over again.

I absolutely LOVED the first Diamond Sisters book – The Secret Diamond Sisters, and so I was very excited to jump into the sequel and start reading!

Starting where the last book left off, we are back with the Diamond sisters after the summer. I loved being reunited with the Diamond sisters, it is so much fun to be in their story and to get completely lost in their world. One thing I like most about this novel is that the story is told from four viewpoints – each of the sisters Savannah, Peyton and Courtney, and also their archememy Madison. I liked that we were able to see from each person’s view, as I enjoyed reading about them and watching them grow and develop throughout the book. I really like all four in their own way, they’re all not perfect and have their own agendas, plans, thoughts or secrets but this is what makes them SO fascinating!

There is lots of drama, lots of action and I was hooked to every single word not knowing what was going to happen next but thoroughly enjoying the ride! Michelle Madow is a very talented author who keeps you on the edge of your seat with plenty of secrets and surprises in this thrilling, fun and exciting novel. I am very much looking forward to more from Michelle.

One Hundred Christmas Proposals
One Hundred Christmas Proposals

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful & romantic - a perfect follow up to One Hundred Proposals!, 3 Nov 2014
Christmas in London and the ever popular the.PerfectProposal.com have vowed to carry out one hundred proposals in December. This isn’t the easiest task, especially as Harry and Suzie are bus trying to plan their first Christmas together and a visit from the dreaded in laws. But is everything still perfect in their own relationship?

One Hundred Christmas Proposals is the follow up to Holly’s fantastic book One Hundred Proposals…and what a follow up it is! Now I LOVED One Hundred Proposals ever so much – in my opinion it was perfect and I didn’t think it could be topped, but One Hundred Christmas Proposals is so perfect and beautiful and I am just full of sheer happiness for this book!!!!

Holly Martin is such a TALENTED writer, she can evoke and create so many feelings from you and by the end of her books I am usually a swooning/gushy/blubbering mess who feels like she’s been on the most exciting and enchanting journey of her life. If you haven’t yet had the pleasure of Holly’s writing then please give her books a try – they are stunning.

I LOVED that Suzie and Harry are back, I did a happy dance when I had the book that’s how thrilled I was! I could not get enough of them in the first book so to have them back even for a novella was like Christmas day for me! If you know me then you will know I love a good swoon and Harry is definitely swoon-worthy! And gorgeous, and completely handsome, and sigh! I along with many others genuinely wish he was available in real life! Harry and Suzie are a truly wonderful couple and to join them on the next part of their journey was just MAGICAL. The love and devotion that Suzie and Harry have for each other makes me want to cry happy tears, I am so in love with them as a couple, their relationship, their personalities – they make me so happy!! My heart could literally burst with joy at how much I LOVE their scenes together. I could read about this couple forever…. so Holly, if you by any chance fancy writing any more about them (read: I definitely want another book please) then I’m completely up for that!

Can I also just express my excitement that there was more Badger and Jules in this too? They are BRILLIANT.

My heart loved this story…the proposals are beautiful, exciting, funny and will melt your heart all at the same time! There is friendship, fun, and also a bit of mystery about what Harry is up to as well, so plenty to keep you guessing! Holly Martin captures the romance perfectly and blends it all in with the excitement and the theme of Christmas to create such a spectacular and beautiful story that you will want to cherish.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20