Profile for Megan ReadingInTheSunshine > Reviews

Content by Megan ReadingI...
Top Reviewer Ranking: 85

Megan ReadingInTheSunshine (England)
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Ugreen Premium 3.5mm Auxiliary Male to Male Cable with Slim Aluminum Case Compatible for Apple iPhone 5/4S/4/iPod/iPhone/Samsung (3ft, White)

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic and essential audio cable!, 25 Mar. 2015
This is a rugged audio cable which is not particularly prone to tangling up which is ideal for connecting my mp3/mobile phone audio to stereo system and car audio system. This cable has SO many uses and is definitely worth the money, it works fantastically and it is an essential piece of equipment in my everyday life. I’m very pleased with the great quality of the cable and would recommend this to anyone.

Slow Burn (The Driven Series)
Slow Burn (The Driven Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars A hot read full of emotion and a fantastic storyline!, 25 Mar. 2015
I must say I absolutely loved the sound of Slow Burn, it was definitely a book I thought I might enjoy, and so I couldn’t wait to start it!

One night. That’s all it was supposed to be. Reeling from the sudden loss of her sister, Haddie Montgomery has sworn off relationships. All she wanted from Beckett Daniels was a sexy distraction to help her escape her pain for just a little while. There weren’t supposed to be any strings attached-so why can’t she shake the memory of that unforgettable night from her thoughts? Or the taste of his kiss from her lips? No matter how hard Haddie tries to forget about him, Becks relentlessly tries to prove that she should start living for today. But she is determined to avoid romantic commitment, and she can always use her ex-boyfriend’s reappearance to help snuff out the slow burn within her that Becks has sparked . . .Or will fate force her to realize that this kind of connection doesn’t come along very often and a chance at love is worth the risk?

Wow. I REALLY loved Slow Burn! I will say that this is my first book by K Bromberg but it certainly won’t be my last. Although this is a book in the Driven series, it reads very well as a standalone and you don’t need to have read any other books in order to fully enjoy this one.

I was absolutely captivated by Slow Burn from the very first pages, and I read the entire book in one sitting because it is a book that is truly impossible to put down once you pick it up. K Bromberg jumps fully into the novel straight away and from the very beginning there is action, emotion and a fantastic storyline that hooks you and doesn’t let you go.

I especially loved Haddie and Beckett, they went VERY well together and the tension and the chemistry between them was sizzling! I eagerly looked forward to every single scene where they were together, I was really rooting for them and was positively giddy with excitement whenever there were any interactions between them! They are addictive to read about together, and I loved every single detail we were given – every touch or even just a single look had me gripped! I fell head over heels in love with them, not only did they really suit each other but I liked them both as individuals, Haddie and Beckett both have fascinating personalities, and issues and things in their past that make them the people they are today. I really enjoyed that their backgrounds were explored too, as it made me like them even more and it brought them to life.

This story is full of gripping moments, sexy scenes, and a lot of raw and honest emotion that will have you racing through the pages. Slow Burn is a hot, steamy read that is absorbing and captivating from start to finish. I cannot wait to read more from K Bromberg!

Ugreen 20264 3 Ports USB 2.0 Hub with 10/100Mbps Ethernet Network Support Windows 8.1/8/7, XP, Vista, Mac OS X and Linux Compatible for Windows Surface Pro,IdeaPaD, MacBook Air, MacBook Retina and More Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Very convenient to use and highly functional!, 22 Mar. 2015
This simple plug in and play USB to ethernet adapter has a modern and sturdy design. This is ideal for connecting to a network using built-in ethernet with up to 100 Mbps while also acting as a USB hub with 3 ports. Providing all of this functionality and being small enough to pack into a bag is ideal while I’m on the move. Overall I’m very happy with the capability and convenience this adapter and so would recommend this to anyone.

Ugreen 20249 USB 3.0 to 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet Network Adapter Compatible for PC or Laptop, Windows Surface Pro,IdeaPaD, MacBook (Black B)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product, 22 Mar. 2015
My laptop has USB 3.0 but does not have Gigabit ethernet and so with the advent of the very high speed USB 3.0, I wanted as USB network adapter that could deliver the Gigabit ethernet speeds. The network connection speed with this adapter is noticeably much faster than the ethernet built into my laptop and its portability allows me to easily use it with other USB 3.0 devices too. I’m very pleased with this adapter and I recommend this for anyone, especially those looking for very fast network speeds.

Ugreen 4 PORTS USB 2.0 OTG Hub 4 ports Hub with OTG function Compatible for PC, Cell phones, EReaders, Tablets and More (4 Ports, White)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality and does everything I want it to, 21 Mar. 2015
This is a very good quality portable USB On-The-Go hub. This simple plug in and play hub has a very stylish round design which allows the widest USB sticks to be connected at the same time because of the USB port separation. It has a micro USB connection which is great when I want to connect my mobile phone or tablet for charging or file access. Overall I’m thrilled with this and would recommend it to anyone.

Ugreen 20291 4 Ports Super Speed USB 3.0 HUB with 80cm cable, Compact Design for your Microsoft Surface, Ultrabooks and MacBook etc. (80cm, Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed!, 21 Mar. 2015
I was looking for a portable USB 3.0 hub to allow extra storage devices to connect to my laptop and router. This simple plug in and play hub allows really fast file transfer speeds and the wider physical port separation allows even the widest USB sticks to be connected at the same time, which can be a problem with some hubs. I love the design of it, it's quite sleek and a nice colour and finish. Overall I’m very happy with this and would recommend it to anyone looking for additional USB 3.0 ports.

His Other Life
His Other Life

5.0 out of 5 stars Compelling and intriguing throughout, 19 Mar. 2015
This review is from: His Other Life (Kindle Edition)
I must say I was really intrigued by His Other Life straight away, not only is the cover completely eye-catching but the description was fascinating and I instantly wanted to know more.

Grace’s new husband Adam seems like the perfect package. Good looking, great job, completely charming – almost too good to be true . . . So when Adam suddenly disappears from Grace’s life, she is left bewildered and heartbroken. And with a lot of unanswered questions. As she tries desperately to find him, Grace opens a Pandora’s Box of secrets and lies – and starts to learn that Adam wasn’t so perfect after all. What shameful secrets was her husband hiding? Is Grace in danger? And can she survive the truth? However terrible it may be . . .

From the very beginning I found myself hooked to Beth’s writing and the story – I was captivated and fascinated by what I was reading in equal measures, and I always wanted to know more about Adam…just who is he? Where has he disappeared to and why? What really happened?

I liked Grace straight away, I really warmed to her character and I particularly felt for her with everything she was going through and the sudden disappearance of her husband Adam. I just wanted to reach out and give her a huge hug, she is truly devastated by what has happened and I spent the book very much backing her and rooting for her as she tried to discover the truth about Adam. Like Grace I was absolutely desperate to find out what had happened, and I raced through the story on Grace’s journey.

Beth Thomas is a great storyteller, she unravelled details over time and I had no idea which way the storyline would go, so I thoroughly enjoyed all the revelations and putting the pieces together along with Grace. His Other Life is a compelling and intriguing story that will have your attention throughout.

Summer at Little Beach Street Bakery
Summer at Little Beach Street Bakery
by Jenny Colgan

5.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyed this!, 17 Mar. 2015
Having been a huge fan of all of Jenny Colgan’s books so far, I couldn’t wait to sit down and get started on her latest release – Summer At Little Beach Street Bakery!

It is Summer in the Cornish town of Mount Polbearne and Polly Waterford couldn’t be happier. Polly is in love – with the beautiful seaside town she calls home, with running the bakery on Beach Street, and she’s definitely in love with her boyfriend, Huckle. And yet there’s something unsettling about the gentle summer breeze that’s floating through town. Selina, recently widowed, hopes that moving to Mount Polbearne will ease her grief, but Polly has a secret that could destroy her friend’s fragile recovery. Responsibilities that Huckle thought he’d left behind are back and Polly finds it hard to cope with his increasingly long periods of absence. Polly sifts flour, kneads dough and bakes bread, but nothing can calm the storm she knows is coming: is Polly about to lose everything she loves?

I was SO excited to be back in the world of Polly and her beautiful little bakery down at Beach Street! If you haven’t already then please read Little Beach Street Bakery first…although it doesn’t get confusing if you haven’t as this one can be read as a standalone, and Jenny always makes sure that you are given enough information to know what happened, reading the first one can make it more enjoyable as you get to read more books with the characters in and have a longer experience with them!

Polly is a firm favourite of mine, I loved her character and her personality since the first book so it was wonderful to be reunited with her as she continued her journey and her life on Mount Polbearne. But with a turn of events and other issues popping up, I really felt for Polly as she faced all of this. I really really rooted for Polly, and I was absolutely gripped to the story wanting to know what would happen next and how Polly would cope with everything. I REALLY want to talk about all the events but I’m desperate not to spoil anything, but there is lots of love, friendship, emotion, obstacles, and lots of bread too!

I LOVED Polly’s interactions with Huckle, I swoon over them as a couple! And who can forget that there is a gorgeous little Puffin Neil who just makes me feel happy all of the time! Jenny also does a fantastic job of incorporating brilliant and delicious recipes and food into her stories, and if you are like me then it will have you itching to get in the kitchen and start baking! Summer At Little Beach Street Bakery is a thoroughly enjoyable read and a fantastic return to Mount Polbearne!

After the Storm
After the Storm

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly thrilling read full of tension and emotion!, 6 Mar. 2015
This review is from: After the Storm (Kindle Edition)
Having read and loved Jane’s previous book The Lie Of You, so I was very much looking forward to starting her latest release!

In After The Storm, Rob and Anna have only just met Owen and Kim, and now they’ve boarded their old boat to travel to a far off island in the Caribbean. It should be paradise, with the sea stretching in front of them and only four of them to enjoy their time together. But things aren’t all they seem… why does Owen never sleep? Why is he so secretive about his past? And why does Kim keep a knife zipped into her money-belt?

I was SO intrigued in this from the very beginning. The story seems initially like a dream holiday – going off in a boat to an island with another couple….but can everyone be trusted? And what secrets might they be hiding? I was gripped from the opening pages and as the book continued further, I was on the edge of my seat constantly wanting to know more! Just who are Owen and Kim? I NEEDED to know everything about them and I raced through the pages!

Jane Lythell does an exceptional job of creating an atmosphere and building tension amongst the characters. I was never sure who to trust or what secrets were being hidden, and Jane cleverly unravels things slowly through her exploration of the characters both individually and through their interactions with each other. As I learnt pieces of information I tried to put it all together, but Jane had more in store for me with surprises, twists and turns along the way. Wow. I genuinely had no clue what way the story would go and After The Storm quickly became a story that was impossible to put down, I was up late because I just had to finish it in one sitting.

After The Storm is compelling too, not only was I completely fascinated by the characters and their potential secrets but I was very emotionally invested in them too. Spending the course of the book with them, it felt as though I was on the boat with them as things were unravelling. I felt a range of emotions whilst reading, I felt real empathy for some of the characters, others I really distrusted at times, and I must say Jane took me on a real roller-coaster ride with them that was sometimes intense, sometimes emotional, but it was always absorbing and captivating.

I don’t want to spoil what is a truly fantastic read, so please buy it and enjoy this one because it is a true experience. After The Storm is an incredible read, thrilling and vivid all at the same time. Jane Lythell is a brilliant storyteller and one who pulled me in and had me involved and hanging on to every single word.

Tied up With Love
Tied up With Love

5.0 out of 5 stars Thrilling, romantic, sexy and funny - I LOVED IT, 3 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Tied up With Love (Kindle Edition)
Having loved Amelia’s previous book, Beneath The Moon And The Stars, I was so so excited to read her latest release!

Being grabbed off the street, blind folded, tied up and thrown into a van was not what Izzy expected to happen when she stepped out the door that morning. But when an accidental kidnapping at the hands of the sexy Ethan Chase and his ‘Kidnap My Wife’ sexual fantasy business leads to just that, Izzy seizes the chance to turn her misfortune into a brilliant new job opportunity. Since then, life has been one big tangle of new client meetings, fake kidnapping pick-ups, and handling the temperamental, but drop dead gorgeous ‘bad boy’ Mr Chase. But, as liberating as being tied up in Ethan’s life is, Izzy knows the time is fast approaching when she must make some decisions and take charge of her future. The only question is: will Ethan allow himself to be a part of it?

Tied Up With Love is a truly fantastic read. From the REALLY unexpected start with Izzy being grabbed off the street, blindfolded and thrown into a van, this really starts things off with a bang. I love a good opening scene and this one hooks you and pulls you in straight away. And from there on it just gets even better!

The characters are exciting and very likeable. You just can’t help but fall in love with them, and really root for them throughout. I fell completely in love with Ethan, he is sexy but at the same time he’s a really deep person with a background and a past that makes him how he is today. I particularly loved the tension and chemistry between Ethan and Izzy, and I raced through the book desperately wanting to know how their journey together would progress! Amelia is such a fantastic writer and keeps you glued to the pages with her descriptions and keeping up the tension whilst making it passionate at the same time.

I need to say how much I LOVED the idea of KMW – I had never quite read a story with this type of element in before…it was gripping and added an extra layer of excitement to the novel. It was a really refreshing storyline, it felt as though it was something brand new and I absolutely loved the scenes that KMW created! BRILLIANT. Amelia you are a star – thank you for creating such a vibrant, fun and romantic story…my heart is so happy to have read this! Tied Up With Love takes you on a journey that is thrilling, funny, romantic, sexy and heartwarming all at the same time.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20