Profile for Megan ReadingInTheSunshine > Reviews

Content by Megan ReadingI...
Top Reviewer Ranking: 81

Megan ReadingInTheSunshine (England)
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Creature Comforts
Creature Comforts
by Trisha Ashley

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful and absorbing! Really enjoyed it!, 27 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Creature Comforts (Hardcover)
I always eagerly look forward to Trisha Ashley’s books, and Creature Comforts was no different – I couldn’t wait to start reading!

After breaking off her engagement to her fiance Kieran, Izzy returns to her childhood home, the sleepy village of Halfhidden. Back in her home village, she soon realises that life there is anything but peaceful, and Izzy still has a lot of unanswered questions. When she was a teenager, Izzy was involved in a terrible accident involving various members of Halfhidden. As she tries to discover what actually happened that night, she realises her past is standing in the way of any future happiness. Can a handsome stranger help her let love back into her life?

I really enjoyed reading Creature Comforts! Izzy in particular is a very likeable character. What I liked most about her is that she is very realistic and I think many readers will relate to her. I loved Izzy’s personality, and I especially admired her determination and bravery in revisiting her past and wanting to find out more about the accident and discover what really happened. Rufus is a fantastic addition to the novel, I very eagerly looked forward to his scenes with Izzy and I raced through the story because I constantly wanted to know what would happen next between them!

There are a wonderful selection of characters to get to know! I really liked Izzy’s aunt and all of the dogs in her life….I am a huge dog and animal lover so this part was a big hit for me! There are also a vibrant range of villagers who appear and whilst reading I really felt part of the community of Halfhidden. I really loved the village life and the atmosphere, and as I read further I felt so much at home among all of the residents! The descriptions of Halfhidden are beautiful and it truly sounds like a lovely place to be. I could picture Halfhidden in my mind, the homes and the little shops and the landscape make it seem like a magical place!

Creature Comforts is a delightful story! Trisha Ashley has created a romantic, warm story set in a beautiful village and it is truly an absorbing novel that you can completely immerse yourself in! Thouroughly enjoyable.

KINGLAKE® 24Pcs Makeup Brush Set Latest New Horse Hair Professional Makeup Cosmetics Brushes Set Kits with White Cream-colored Case Bag (24PCS)
Offered by KLTMALL

5.0 out of 5 stars Very professional set of 24 horse hair brushes, beautifully presented! Very soft and easy to use! High quality & fantastic value, 26 Feb. 2015
I am EVER so pleased with the 24 piece Make Up brush set! The kit arrived beautifully packaged in a roll up case, with an individual sectin to hold each brush safely and securely. I was really impressed and blown away by the gorgeous presentation of the set! It is professional and sleek and I showed everybody when they arrived because I was so pleased with how they had come.

There are twenty four pieces which cover a wide range of brushes - this is the only kit you will need as it has brushes for everything! It covers brushes for eyeshadow, lip and lipliner, brow brushes, blusher brushes, foundation brushes and more! There are brushes for smudging, and it even includes brushes for mascara and arrived with a powder puff too!

The brushes are made from horse air, they are VERY soft and obviously very high quality. The brush handles are a stunning design, feel sleek and are easy to hold when using. My friends have commented on how stylish the set looks and I have found them very easy to use when applying make up - they give a great finish to my make up and I love using them! This set is such good value for your money, I am very happy with this product and I would thoroughly recommend this set!

First Time in Forever (Puffin Island trilogy - Book 1)
First Time in Forever (Puffin Island trilogy - Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A special story full of romance and emotion!, 25 Feb. 2015
Sarah Morgan is one of my favourite authors and so I am always constantly looking forward to her books!

Emily Donovan has had a challenging year of firsts, including becoming a stand in mum to her niece Lizzy and moving to Puffin Island, a remote but beautiful place. The last thing she is thinking about is love…that is, until Ryan Cooper kisses her. Ryan knows Emily has a complicated past, but can he help her move forward, trust him, and help her enjoy the chemistry they have?

I love love love LOVED THIS. Sarah Morgan is such a talented writer and she always brings something extra special to her novels, every time without fail I am completely lost in the beauty of her stories.

Emily and Ryan are perfectly written. I love that they both had their own issues and backgrounds and problems, as it made them so much more realistic. I think Sarah writes about their complications and backgrounds in a realistic way – I really rooted for them throughout, I wanted both Emily and Ryan to find their happiness. I especially loved Ryan…he is gorgeous and many readers will fall helplessly in love with this handsome man just as I did! Ryan has many layers to him and it was fantastic getting to know him and uncover more about him, as well as swooning over him! Ryan and Emily have the most amazing chemistry, I was giggling and getting excited every time they even glanced at each other or even nearly touched each other! The romance was beautifully written, I was so involved in what was going on and I was desperate for things to develop further, so I was hooked to the novel wanting to find out how Emily and Ryan would progress as the book went on.

The setting of Puffin Island is magical! Sarah’s descriptions of Puffin Island are wonderful, I could picture it very clearly in my mind, and let me tell you it is BEAUTIFUL! I was really swept up in the atmosphere and the stunning setting of Puffin Island – it really made the story stand out for me and I really wanted to be there by the beach and the sea and to experience all the surroundings!

First Time In Forever is a really special book full of romance, emotional moments, a stunning setting and characters you will fall in love with!

Thoughtful (Thoughtless 4)
Thoughtful (Thoughtless 4)
by S. C. Stephens

5.0 out of 5 stars A stunning novel full of emotion - I loved it, 24 Feb. 2015
Having thouroughly enjoyed Thoughtless by S. C. Stephens, I was ever so excited to start reading Thoughtful!

The only place Kellan has ever felt at home is on stage. Gripping his guitar in a darkened bar, he can forget his painful past. These days his life revolves around his music and his band mates, and that’s the way he likes it. And then one woman changes everything . . .Kiera is the kind of girl Kellan has no business wanting – she’s smart, sweet, and dating his best friend. Certain he could never be worthy of her love, he hides his growing attraction . . . until Kiera’s own tormented heart hints that his feelings might not be one-sided. Now, no matter the consequences, Kellan is sure of one thing: he won’t let Kiera go without a fight.

This is like the story in Thoughtless, but from Kellan’s point of view….but it is SO MUCH MORE than just a different point of view! I really enjoyed hearing and reading about events from his side. I liked that we were able to really get into Kellan’s mind, and understand more about his actions, his thoughts and his feelings not just about Kiera but about his life, growing up and the events that have made him who he is.

I loved Kellan from the very beginning, he is very likeable, parts of his life are very relatable and I found that I spent the entire novel completely glued to his story and really rooting for him. I loved his interactions with Kiera, you could constantly feel that there was something between them and I enjoyed these parts especially.

Thoughtful is a stunning and deep novel full of emotion, love, life and Kellan’s ups and downs. This is a book that I would thoroughly recommend, and I already can not wait to re-read it again!

Saving Quinton (Nova and Quinton)
Saving Quinton (Nova and Quinton)
by Jessica Sorensen

5.0 out of 5 stars Emotional, addictive and absorbing throughout, 10 Feb. 2015
I am a huge fan of Jessica Sorenson and so I could not wait to get started on her latest release, Saving Quinton.

Nova has haunted his dreams for nearly a year, but Quinton never thought a sweet, kind person like her would care enough about someone like him. To Quinton, a dark, dangerous life is exactly what he deserves. And Nova has no place in it. But Nova has followed him, and now he must do whatever it takes to keep her away, to maintain his self-imposed punishment for the unforgivable things he’s done. But there’s one flaw in his plan: Nova isn’t going anywhere . . .

I was absolutely delighted to be reunited with Nova and Quinton, I had been completely drawn in by them in the first book, and this one was no exception. I was instantly captivated by both Nova and Quinton from the very beginning. One thing that has me constantly glued to these characters is that they are so real, so lifelike and their emotions and feelings are so raw and real that you just can’t help but ache for them and spend the novel rooting for them.

I loved Nova, she has really grown as a character and gained more strength in herself, and I particularly liked how she refuses to give up on Quinton and is determined to help him.

Saving Quinton is a real emotional roller-coaster ride from beginning to end. It is heartbreaking, dark, addictive and will have you absorbed throughout. I thoroughly recommend Saving Quinton, and Jessica Sorenson remains a favourite author of mine!!

Gone (Gardner and Freeman)
Gone (Gardner and Freeman)

5.0 out of 5 stars I was hooked to this book!, 4 Feb. 2015
I am new to Rebecca Muddiman and her novels, and the description of Gone particularity had me intrigued to the point where I couldn’t wait to open the book and start reading!

11 years ago, troubled teenager Emma Thorley went missing. The police assumed she was a runaway. But now a body has been found in woods near Blyth. DI Michael Gardner knows he didn’t take Emma’s disappearance seriously enough back then, and is determined to make up for it now. But when he and DS Nicola Freeman start to reinvestigate, they discover that nothing is as simple as it seems.

I cannot tell you how much I loved this book! I started it without knowing anything about Rebecca’s writing and not having read any previous novels, and I was HOOKED from the very first page. Rebecca very quickly draws you in straight away and holds you there with a mixture of involving writing, suspense, characters you can’t tear yourself away from and a gripping plotline.

One of the things I loved most about Gone is that I genuinely had no idea which way the story would turn next, I had no idea or guesses of what would happen and so I became very immersed in the story. The characters are each fascinating in their own way – they don’t have to be likeable to be fascinating, and Rebecca does a brilliant job of creating complex characters that make you want to see exactly what happens to them and find out their part in the novel. It was particularly interesting to see how each character reacted so differently to the discovery of a body, and I always wanted to read on to see what further involvement they would have.

Gone is a book that really makes you feel involved, lost in and part of everything that is happening. This story is full of twists, turns and is a compelling mystery that deserves to be read and enjoyed by many.

[New Release]MOCREO Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker Indoor/Outdoors / Rechargable Built-in Battery / TF card Supported for iPhone 6/5s/5C/4s;Samsung galaxy S5/S4/S3,Samsung Note 2;HTC,iPad Air/5;iPad mini Retina;iPod,Google Nexus 7,Nexus 5,MP3 Players and Other Bluetooth Devices/Best Gitf Choice for Christmas and New Year- MOSOUND Echoes (Black)
Offered by MOCREO UK

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY impressed!, 2 Feb. 2015
I absolutely love this product! It is a portable wireless speaker that can connect a great variety of devices to it via bluetooth. The MOCREO speaker is compatible with iPhone 6/5s/5C/4s, Samsung galaxy S5/S4/S3, Samsung Note 2, HTC, iPad Air/5, iPad mini Retina, iPod, Google Nexus 7 ,Nexus 5, MP3 Players and others as well so this really is a product that is versatile and can go with many of the items you may already own!

It is rechargeable with up to 4 hours wireless play time and can be used as speakers for listening to music, or it features a hand free calling function with a built in microphone for any calls too.

The instructions are very clear and straightforward, so it is very easy to set up and use. The sound quality is brilliant, and the speaker looks very professional, very clean and very modern - it looks fantastic in the house and I would definitely recommend it!

What If
What If
by Rebecca Donovan

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! A story I recommend with all of my heart, 30 Jan. 2015
This review is from: What If (Paperback)
Cal Logan is very shocked to see Nicole Bentley sitting in a coffee shop thousands of miles away from their hometown, especially as no one has seen or heard from her since their graduation over a year ago. But this isn’t Nicole – although she looks like Nicole, her name is Nyelle Preston and she has no idea who Cal is. The complete opposite of Nicole, Cal finds himself quickly drawn in and fascinated by her. But Nyelle is very secretive…

I thoroughly enjoyed this story! Rebecca Donovan is a completely new author to me and so I didn’t know what to expect, but this definitely will not be the last book of hers I read! I was hooked straight away by the storyline and Rebecca’s writing style, and I raced through the pages because I was so eager to find out where the story would go.

The characters were fascinating and very well-written, they were also very realistic and I think that there will be readers out there that can relate to aspects of the characters or their situations. I especially liked the mystery and intrigue surrounding Nyelle, and this was one of the main things that had me so gripped to reading the novel! Cal was a real breath of fresh air – it was fantastic to have a character like him to read about – I loved his flaws, his friendships, his personality, he was wonderful. I liked that I had no idea what way the storyline would go or where it would take me, I felt like I went on a true emotional roller-coaster with Cal and Nyelle….I have no other words other than WOW. I was very impressed with What If and I was absorbed in every minute of the novel!

What If is a powerful and compelling story that is not only full of mystery and drama but also deals with serious issues too. I was full of many emotions whilst reading this and I was surprised throughout, it really is a stunning read. What If is a story that is impossible to put down and one which I would recommend with all of my heart.

Daisy Loom Refill Value Pack ★ 1800 Latex, Lead & Phthalates Free Silicone Bands ★ 5 Free Charms ★ Fruity Scent ★ 3 Hooks ★ Best Offer ★ Special Glow in the Dark Bands ★ Variety Kit of 14 Mixed Clear Neon Colors ★ 100 % Compatible with All Other Rubber Band brands ★ Top Quality ★ 100% Money Back Satisfaction Guarantee
Offered by Daisy Loom Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY pleased and impressed with these loom bands - bright colours, scented and safe too!, 25 Jan. 2015
This Loom Value pack contains 1800 loom bands all in a variety of colours - red, yellow, green, blue, pink, purple, black and so on....all the colours you could ever want and plenty of each! The colours are vibrant, consistent and attractive! To make it more exciting some of the bands are glow in the dark and scented too which is a real bonus and provides something a bit different from any other loom band packs out there. You are also provided with 5 beautiful charms to use and plenty of the S shaped hooks too.

These loom bands also have a great safety aspect - These bands are free from Lead, Latex and Phthalates which is something that I really value in a product, especially when giving them to children. The bands smell beautiful too (a fruity scent) and not of any old plastic smells that you can get with other bands.

I've been using them with my children for a few weeks and our family absolutely LOVE them! I'm REALLY happy with these bands and I wouldn't hesitate to purchase more from this company! Thoroughly impressed!

I'll Take New York
I'll Take New York
by Miranda Dickinson

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly stunning story, 10 Dec. 2014
This review is from: I'll Take New York (Paperback)
I always eagerly look forward to Miranda’s books – and I was especially excited about I’ll Take New York!

When her boyfriend lets her down for the last time, Brooklyn bookshop owner Bea James makes a decision – no more. No more men, no more heartbreak, and no more pain. Jake Steinmann is making a new start too, leaving his broken marriage behind in San Francisco. From now on there’ll just be one love in his life: New York. Bea and Jake meet at a party, and decide there’s just one thing for it. They will make a pact: no more relationships.

I was particularly excited about I’ll Take New York because a few characters from Miranda’s book Fairytale Of New York are brought back, and it was REALLY lovely to be reunited with them! I had always wondered what had happened to Rosie and Ed and oh it was just wonderful to be with them again.

I LOVED Bea and Jake – they are such wonderful characters who really come to life with Miranda’s incredible writing. I really liked Bea’s personality, I loved how she worked at a book shop and had so much care for the books in her shop. I know I’m probably not the only reader to have completely fallen in love with Jake over the course of the novel either!

The setting of New York is just magical, there is no other way to describe it. It is vibrant and lively and romantic and “home” and everything I always hope that New York would be. Miranda always puts so much into her books and it shows – there is romance, there is emotional moments, there is hope, friendship and love. I’ll Take New York is a truly stunning story that everyone should be reading this Christmas.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20