Profile for Megan ReadingInTheSunshine > Reviews

Content by Megan ReadingI...
Top Reviewer Ranking: 257

Megan ReadingInTheSunshine (England)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Letters from Skye
Letters from Skye

5.0 out of 5 stars A touching and powerful novel, 15 July 2014
This review is from: Letters from Skye (Kindle Edition)
Elspeth Dunn is a published poet living on the Isle of Skye, and she receives her first fan letter from Davey Graham, a young man over in Illinois. The form of a letter means that they do not need to worry about appearances or expectations, and so over the course of many letters back and forth, Elspeth and Davey pour out their hopes, dreams and fears – things that they have never told a soul. But as World War I engulfs Europe and Davey becomes involved, Elspeth waits on Skye, anxious for his return and wondering if they’ll ever get a chance to meet…

I became completely swept up in this wonderful novel. The story is written purely through letters and although I initially thought that this might be hard to get into, but it flowed beautifully and with ease and I was soon captivated by the letters between Elspeth and Davey. I really liked that we were able to read the novel in this way, I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know then through their letters and I really felt like I understood everything about them this way – it felt like I knew all their thoughts and feelings and their most personal hopes for life and for each other. The letters touched me on so many levels, I laughed with Elspeth and Davey, I felt for them and I even cried too, I felt SUCH an emotional connection with both of them.

I think the form of letters is definitely one of the strengths of the book, with this Jessica has created a beautiful and meaningful depth to the characters and their personal entwined story together.

The Isle of Skye sounds beautiful, I could really picture it in my mind through the descriptions from the letters, and I found myself wanting to travel there. I must admit that over the course of the book I fell in love with letter writing, and I’m now very keen to start writing letters again.

Letters From Skye is a truly touching and powerful novel that moved me in so many ways. It is captivating, romantic and a true gem of a story. A must read book.

Suddenly Last Summer
Suddenly Last Summer
by Sarah Morgan

5.0 out of 5 stars A FANTASTIC story, captivating and passionate!, 15 July 2014
This review is from: Suddenly Last Summer (Paperback)
I fell IN LOVE with Sarah Morgan and her writing when I first read Sleigh Bells In The Snow, and I was SO excited for her latest release Suddenly Last Summer.

Chef Elise is determined to make this summer one of the most memorable – but with the opening of her chic French cafe falling apart it could be memorable for the wrong reasons. Then Sean O’Neill arrives back in town. Last summer Elise and Sean had a whirlwind night together and Elise is hoping to repeat their last encounter, if only she can stick to her one-night-only rule and listen to her head over her heart….

In Sleigh Bells In The Snow we met the handsome Jackson O’Neill, and in this novel we are treated to another irresistible brother! To say Sean is hot is a serious understatement, he will have you reaching for fans and cold drinks and anything else you can get your hands on! And ladies, he’s a doctor…swoon! I have a SERIOUS crush on Sean now!

I loved Elise from the beginning, and I really got behind her with her cafe, I desperately wanted to things to go well for her on that side, as well as rooting for her and Sean! The chemistry between Elise and Sean is ELECTRIC, and from the beginning I was cheering them on. I looked forward to every single scene where they were together.

This isn’t a straightforward love story – there is conflict, drama, passion, and personal past issues that are holding characters back, but this just made me love the novel more because I was desperate to find out whether this could be overcome and what would happen to the characters. One thing that I particularly enjoyed was that when there is a story about an O’Neill member, the family feature in it too! I was so excited to see the O’Neill family members back.

Suddenly Last Summer is a captivating, sizzling and passionate story that will have your attention and your heart from start to finish. I thoroughly recommend this so please buy a copy and enjoy!

Power Games
Power Games
by Victoria Fox

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive, thrilling and fantastic - wow!, 11 July 2014
This review is from: Power Games (Paperback)
I have been so excited to read Power Games, as I am such a fan of Victoria Fox. If you haven’t yet read anything by her then I thoroughly recommend Temptation Island and Wicked Ambition as well as Power Games.

There are seven celebrities, all similar in wealth and fortune, and all with egos and huge personalities – a supermodel, heiress, senator and so on. All of them are on a private jet with the destination of paradise. But someone is watching, someone who knows all of the dark secrets and the dark things that they have done, and when it comes to revenge – knowledge is power. Nobody sees their plane go down, but everyone knows who was on board. And now there are seven notorious passengers stuck on an island that does not welcome visitors, and the challenge to survive is set. The power games begin…

Power Games is a true roller-coaster of a book! I was grabbed instantly by the description but nothing could prepare me for the thrilling ride that was in store for me within the pages. Wow. Power Games is everything I could want in a book – scandal, intrigue, mystery, suspense and danger too!

I LOVED the idea of seven celebrities stuck on an island and trying to survive, I have never read anything quite like it and I was gripped to the pages wanting to know more! What would happen to them? Would any dark sides or personalities come out? What secrets would be revealed? Would they all survive? I was fascinated to read about them, how their lives changed as a result and I was particularly hooked as the manners, niceness and personalities started to slip to reveal a whole lot more.

In true form, Victoria has written one fantastic bonkbuster too – the scenes are sexy, sizzling and had me blushing! This novel is FULL of surprises, shocks and many twists and turns. I thought I had some things worked out and that I had guessed what might happen – but I was left open mouthed in shock.

Power Games is an addictive, thrilling and unforgettable novel. This novel is such an exciting and an entertaining read, I read the entire book in a single day because I just could not be parted from it. Words cannot describe how amazing and breathtaking this book is. Buy a copy for your summer holiday, and buy a copy for a friend too, because this a book that EVERYONE will be talking about.

Beautiful Oblivion: 1 (BEAUTIFUL SERIES)
Beautiful Oblivion: 1 (BEAUTIFUL SERIES)
by Jamie McGuire

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! Trenton will be your new book boyfriend!, 10 July 2014
I am SUCH a fan of the Beautiful Disaster series and the hotness that is Travis Maddox, so upon learning that there would be a book about another Maddox boy – I COULD NOT WAIT.

Camille, or Cami, has been busy trying to lead her own life with a bar job at The Red Door and her classes. Then one weekend, a trip to see her boyfriend is cancelled, leaving Cami with a weekend free. Finding herself hanging out in the bar, Trenton walks over and into her life. Cami think she will have no trouble keeping her friendship with Trenton Maddox just that, but when a Maddox boy falls in love, he loves forever…

Wow. WOW WOW WOW what a book! I thought we had been given the best with Travis but Jamie has really excelled herself with Trenton and Cami’s story. I had a lot of hopes and expectations for Beautiful Oblivion and I wasn’t let down in the slightest. From the very first page I was truly hooked to every single word I read.

Tenton and Camille are both fantastic characters. Camille is SUCH a likeable person, I found that I could relate to her and some of her feelings and situations in life, and because of this I felt an instant connection with her. I enjoyed getting to know Cami, and falling in love with Trenton through their interactions.

Trenton…well ladies – PREPARE TO SWOON! For me personally, Trenton has topped Travis and more, I am absolutely head over heels in love! I particularly liked that although Trenton has that Maddox bad boy side to him that we all know and love, Trenton also comes with a very loving, caring and protective side. Trenton’s hotness is through the roof and he will definitely be your new book boyfriend! I rooted so much for Trenton and Cami, I was fangirling and squealing with sheer delight every time they so much as looked at each other, anything more than that and I got giddy and lost control of my emotions!

This is not a straightforward love story, this is FULL of surprises, shocks, and a storyline that will keep you at the edge of your seat cheering on characters or desperate to find out what will happen next. There is one MAJOR part that I would dearly love to talk about….so much so that it is physically hurting me not be able to discuss this in public – but WOAH. You do not want to miss this book!

I want to say SO MUCH MORE but this story is best uncovered and devoured without knowing too much, so that you can get full enjoyment experiencing this for the first time. Full of emotion and the charm and love that can only come from a Maddox boy – Beautiful Oblivion is a fantastic novel that completely blew me away.

Charlotte's Web
Charlotte's Web
by E. B. White

5.0 out of 5 stars A very special story, 8 July 2014
This review is from: Charlotte's Web (Paperback)
Charlotte’s Web is SUCH a special book to me. Charlotte’s Web is a story that was very prominent in my childhood. I remember my dad reading it to me from an early age, and every time I was captivated and enthralled by this beautiful story. I own an old and well-loved copy that I would frequently pull off of the shelf to read and re-read all over again as I grew up. I think one of the things that is so special about Charlotte’s Web is that everyone can identify with and related to some of the aspects and themes in.

Charlotte’s Web is a truly enchanting story, one that pulls you in from the very beginning. Every time I read it I am absolutely captivated by Fern’s spirit, personality and her kindness towards Wilbur, Charlotte and everyone she meets. The characters are truly unforgettable – especially Fern, Wilbur and of course Charlotte, and I feel that I have learned SO MUCH from them. This is a story of life, and everything that comes with it, but most importantly it is about friendship. Heart warming and heartbreaking too, this is a story that should be loved and cherished no matter what age you are.

MeasuPro CCT100 Digital Timer, Clock, and Stopwatch with Lanyard
MeasuPro CCT100 Digital Timer, Clock, and Stopwatch with Lanyard

5.0 out of 5 stars Very straightforward, simple and can be used for a variety of activities! Brilliant., 3 July 2014
I was ever so excited to try the MeasuPro Digital Timer, Clock and Stopwatch. It is ever so easy to use, there are simple instructions provided, and before long I was using it like I had owned it for my whole life. It is so easy and simple to operate and I honestly feel so thrilled that I have this in my life. It can be used for SO MANY THINGS - as it has a timer, you can use it in the kitchen for cooking, and baking. I've already incorporated it into my daily cooking and baking, and I don't know how I coped without it! Personally I love that it comes with a lanyard attached as you can then keep it close to you and with you whenever you need it, without having to actually hold on to it constantly. My husband pointed out that it would be fantastic for running or doing exercise with, as you can attach it easily to yourself and time or count down any physical activity.

The display is a really good size, and the numbers are very clear and bold, so there are no problems reading the times or setting a time for the timer. This would be particularly good if you like timers or stopwatches with bigger and clearer numbers. The buttons are quite large and easy to press - there are separate buttons for selecting whether you would like to use the timer, clock or stopwatch, number buttons to type in any times or digits as you wish, and a start/stop button too. The alarm is loud and you won't be able to miss it - something which I think is definitely an essential when looking for a timer.

Whether you use this product in the kitchen, during sports or out running, this really is a product for a variety of different activities - so buy one, start using it and enjoy!

Harder (Caroline and West)
Harder (Caroline and West)
by Robin York

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow. Highly charged, emotional and truly gripping!, 2 July 2014
I had the BIGGEST book hangover after reading Deeper, the first book in the Caroline and West series, and I was so desperate to find out what would happen next to them

In Harder, we start shortly after where we left of from Deeper – Caroline is dreaming about West, missing him more than she’s missed anyone in her life, and trying her best to get on with life without him after he broke her heart. Then suddenly West calls late in the night with a crisis – and Caroline doesn’t even stop to think, getting straight on the next plane to support him in any way he needs. But when they are back together in person, things are different. West is angry at the world, and Caroline feels out of place, but she is still so deeply in love with West. Losing each other was hard the first time, but how hard will it be for them to find their way back to each other?

Ohmygosh. OHMYGOSH WORDS CANNOT DESCRIBE MY FEELINGS ABOUT THIS BOOK. Wow, just wow. I was SO hopeful for an amazing sequel after Deeper and oh Robin did not disappoint one bit! From the very beginning we are thrown back in with Caroline and West and it is a TRUE rollercoaster ride! There are ups and some truly joyous moments where my heart leaped with delight at Caroline and West. But this novel is called Harder for a reason, and in it we delve further into West’s background, seeing what life really is for him back in his hometown of Silt. I was particularly fascinated to read more about his shattered family, and read about the dynamics, relationships and feelings between them. West’s family helped me understand more about him – I felt I understood his personality more, I understood his drive to work the amount of jobs he does, his determination to do well and how his homelife has shaped who he is today. I felt so much for West, and this aspect pulled me in further and had me on the edge of my seat desperate to know what would happen.

One thing I loved was that we were able to meet West’s younger sister Frankie, and I was thrilled that she featured in a large part of the novel. I was interested to know more about her during Deeper, so I was excited to meet her properly in Harder. Frankie is a wonderful character and I honestly think that she helped make Harder as brilliant as it is, her presence, her thoughts and her feelings were a huge part of Caroline and West’s life and it made my heart melt to see how deeply West loves his little sister.

West and Caroline together are SO ADDICTIVE, I constantly needed more of them and to know everything about them – what were they feeling towards each other? Would things work out between them? Would they be able to sort out the challenges that life had thrown at them? At times I was absolutely crushed by what I read, I was so involved in their relationship and some scenes nearly killed me because I was backing them so much. Other scenes were so beautifully written that it took my breath away and I dissolved into tears because I was so moved by what I had read. Robin York is a highly talented storyteller, Robin constantly had my attention and managed to evoke such a range of strong emotions from me.

I don’t want to ruin a thing so PLEASE please buy and read it, you need a book like this in your life! Harder is an addictive, highly charged and emotional read that will have you gripped and hanging on to every single word.

Let Me Hold Your Hand: Green Mountain Book 2
Let Me Hold Your Hand: Green Mountain Book 2
by Marie Force

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful and heart-warming story, 1 July 2014
Let Me Hold Your Hand is the second book in the Green Mountain romance series, which focuses on the Abbott family. It is not necessary to have read the book before (Your Love Is All I Need), though I would recommend it as then you get to enjoy more from the Abbott family and really get to know them. I was so excited to read Let Me Hold Your Hand – the cover had me straight away and I loved the sound of it too.

Hannah lost her husband seven years ago when he was in Iraq, and since then Hannah hasn’t felt ready or able to move on. However, the attentions of her lifelong friend Nolan are making her start to think differently, and their shared kiss is constantly in her thoughts, but Hannah is afraid of betraying her husband’s memory. Nolan has loved Hannah for many years, and has been conscious of giving Hannah the space she needs to heal. After an opportunity allows Nolan to show Hannah how he feels, he knows it will take more than a kiss to prove to Hannah that finding love again is possible…

I need to just say how completely and utterly I have fallen in love with Marie’s writing! I would even say that this book is my favourite of Marie’s so far. As soon as I had finished I instantly wanted to re-read and experience this wonderful story all over again.

Marie has perfectly captured the pain and emotion that comes with losing a loved one. Hannah’s grief and emotion over the loss of her husband was very real and raw – it touched me and I wanted to reach out to her and give her a big hug. I liked Hannah straight away, I really felt that I understood her and she felt like a friend to me. I admired Hannah’s bravery, courage and her spirit in life too. I spent the entire book rooting for Hannah to have her happiness, whatever form it may come in. Nolan was TRULY WONDERFUL to read about! I fell in love with him straight away, I loved his personality, his caring side and the strength of his love for Hannah. He made me swoon! Their relationship and interactions with each other were beautiful, romantic, and sexy too! I laughed, I swooned, I loved every moment. As well as Hannah and Nolan, I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know the other members of the Abbott family too.

Let Me Hold Your Hand is a truly delightful, heart-warming and at the same time emotional read. This novel is so beautifully written, it drew me in instantly and had me captivated. Marie is becoming such a favourite author of mine and I cannot wait for the next book in the Green Mountain series!

For Once in My Life
For Once in My Life
by Marianne Kavanagh

5.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable!, 27 Jun. 2014
This review is from: For Once in My Life (Paperback)
Tess and George are soulmates. The only problem is that they have never met each other. Despite both living in London, attending the same university and the continued efforts of their shared friends – they still have never met. Now they are both stuck in unhappy lives, with jobs that make them feel down and partners that don’t understand them as much as they’d like. Finally Tess and George meet at a friends thirtieth birthday party, but can they take a chance and be together?

I really enjoyed this. I am a huge fan of true love and soulmates so I knew this would be my kind of book.

I liked Tess and George, they are both absolutely fantastic characters and very belieavable, they both seemed to jump from the page into real life. I was so involved in their lives and their journey that throughout the novel both Tess and George felt like best friends of mine. I particularly liked how well they were obviously suited together, even though they kept missing each other and never meeting, I knew they were true soulmates and oh how I rooted for them!

There is so much more to this novel! Marianne writes with humour and I found myself giggling at events that happened, there are very realistic scenes that a lot of readers will be able to relate to, and the course of love is never plain sailing. There are lots of moments that will have you gasping, hooked and wondering what is going to happen next.

For Once In My Life is a heart-warming and thoroughly entertaining book, and I am looking forward to more from Marianne Kavanagh!

One Hundred Proposals
One Hundred Proposals

5.0 out of 5 stars A STUNNING book!, 25 Jun. 2014
I cannot even begin to explain how excited I was about One Hundred Proposals. Holly Martin is one of my favourite authors, and she’s quickly becoming VERY popular in the book world with her WONDERFUL stories.

Suzie and Harry are best friends run a website that comes to the aid of anyone wishing to create the ULTIMATE marriage proposal. Suzie however, has no idea what her perfect proposal would be, so Harry decides to start up a blog with the mission of one hundred proposals to Suzie, in order to find the perfect one. The only problem with this is that Suzie is in love with Harry, and the one question that Suzie wants to say yes to, is the one she can’t…

WORDS CANNOT DESCRIBE how much I loved this book! After I had finished I genuinely just wanted to lay on the floor and gush all my feelings and emotions about this BRILLIANT novel out. Ohmy One Hundred Proposals is like Heaven in a book – it had everything I was hoping for and so much more. As soon as I had finished I cuddled the book tightly to my chest and wanted to re-live every moment all over again!

The romantic in me LOVED the idea of there being one hundred proposals, I get excited about anything remotely to do with romance so a lot of the time I was squealing with delight. Holly Martin also writes with such humour and I was constantly smiling and giggling.

Harry….oh Harry you make my heart ache! I spent a lot of time swooning over Harry and wanting him to propose to me! Harry is such a fantastic character and he is so easy to love and fall helplessly in love with. I loved his personality, his proposal ideas, I spent the book wanting him to be mine! Suzie is just wonderful, I liked her from the very first time I met her on the pages. Suzie is SO likeable and her initial situation of being in love but not knowing how the other person feels is something that lots of people can really relate to, and so to me Suzie was so realistic and true to life. Suzie is such a fun and lovely person and I really wanted so much for her! I spent the book very much on her side and I swear I have never rooted for anything so hard in my life.

I’m not ashamed to say that I had a few tears during the story, partly to do with the novel and partly to do with my sheer happiness at being able to read such an involving and touching story. Holly Martin has such a talent of pulling you in and keeping you immersed and hooked throughout. I could genuinely gush forever about my favourite moments but I don’t want to spoil a thing. Holly Martin takes you on such a beautiful, emotional and magical journey with One Hundred Proposals, and I can honestly say that this is one of my favourite books of 2014. Just wow. There are no words to describe what a truly special book One Hundred Proposals is. Please please buy it and enjoy getting lost in the stunning story Holly has created.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20