Profile for D. J. Downes > Reviews

Content by D. J. Downes

D. J. Downes "Disdainful" (Japan)

Azumi [DVD]
Azumi [DVD]
Dvd ~ Aya Ueto
Offered by best_value_entertainment

3.0 out of 5 stars eye candy, 6 Jun. 2008
This review is from: Azumi [DVD] (DVD)
This film is fun to watch, but not good. The plot is that a hadful of orphans are raised to be incredible fighters to wipe out the warlords in japan. Their leader decides that the best first step is to get half of them to kill each other. Think about that for a second, it does not make sense.
The best fighter is a girl with a pretty face and nice legs and alot of the fight scenes are good to watch. Do not buy this film if you want something to make you think or if you are looking for skillful cinematography. But if you like watching comic book-style fight scenes and have ever ralaxed in a gentlemanly fashion to xena warrior princess (and now prefer petite japanese women) then you will definitely enjoy it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 19, 2012 10:25 PM GMT

Awaken the Giant within: How to Take Immediate Control of Your Mental, Emotional, Physical and Financial Life
by Anthony Robbins

5.0 out of 5 stars Counter-productive, 28 Jan. 2008
This book is so enthralling that I missed my interview with MI5 because I was too engrossed. The style of the writing is compellingly inspirational to the point that arround the middle chapter I found myself struggling with two utterly contradictory urges: one part of me screamed for more of his oratorical brilliance, yearning with Helen's passion for more of Paris' words; the other half of me demanded that I fling this book away and venture boldly into the unknown, filled with a titanic sense of potency and drive. All the world seemed to me as though it were less than the dust beneath my chariot wheels, yet the mighty steed that drew that machine of fire was Anthony Robbins. Alas, the internal tensions unleashed by the power of this book soon overturned my mind utterly and I am now making the most of my opportunities whilst incarcerated at HMP Broadmoor. In conclusion, this book certainly changed my life.

My Booky Wook
My Booky Wook
by Russell Brand

3.0 out of 5 stars The title says it all, 20 Dec. 2007
This review is from: My Booky Wook (Hardcover)
Anyone that would actually read a book called 'my booky wook' is not fit to write a review. Read this if you wish to say goodbye to valuable hours of existence in which you could be doing something or reading something far better. Try the 'Old Man and the Sea' by Hemingway, or, if you like Russell Brand, try 'Where's Spot?' by Eric Hill.
Comment Comments (12) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 14, 2014 11:14 PM BST