Profile for jse > Reviews

jse

Nordisk Vinternatt
Nordisk Vinternatt
Offered by roundMediaUK

5.0 out of 5 stars A nice DVD, despite the limited English language content., 7 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Nordisk Vinternatt (Audio CD)
I bought this CD/DVD set just to get the DVD, for the song "Shenandoah" - it was worth every penny!

Abracadabra
Abracadabra

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT Justin Hayward., 9 May 2013
This review is from: Abracadabra (MP3 Download)
Mr Hayward himself would have to swear on a stack of bibles, & confirm the track I download was him (and an uncredited female singer), before I would believe it! And even then I think I'd be questioning has sanity/memory!

Journey Into Amazing Caves [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Journey Into Amazing Caves [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Liam Neeson
Offered by EliteDigital UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended., 12 Dec. 2012
Interesting subject matter, truely great photograph, all combined with great Moody Blues music (some new) - what more do you really need? ;-)

Robbie Coltrane's Planes And Automobiles [DVD]
Robbie Coltrane's Planes And Automobiles [DVD]
Dvd ~ Robbie Coltrane

3.0 out of 5 stars Little to No Effort Put Into The Product., 12 Dec. 2012
What you get here is a VERY basic copy of the excellant TV series, minus any end credits etc for each episode. There are a couple of poor "joins", on the episode changes.
There are no "extras" of ANY kind, which seems like a seriously missed opportunity to increase sale on their part! People watch these programmes because the WANT to see the old planes & trains etc, & acres of video ends up on the cutting room floor (figuratively anyway) after each episode is assembled. So why on earth would you not use it as an "extra", to help increase the sales of what after all is going to be a fairly low sales item?

Fonerange Big Button Easy to use Senior / Sim-Free / Unlocked / Torch function / Mobile Phone / SOS button and large easy to read display White with FREE Desktop also in White for easy Charging. The ultimate Senior Mobile Phone
Offered by Prepaymania

1.0 out of 5 stars Total Waste of Space., 12 Dec. 2012
The first one died within 2 days, & it's replacement lasted a couple of weeks (of very light use)!! Both had the same problem, they suddenly failed to turn on - "suggesting" a flat battery - but they wouldn't take any charge. Power was going "In", because when connected to the charger, the Torch function worked ok. I didn't both with Third-Time-Lucky, & just had my money back.

BC5i Big Button Sim Free Senior Telephone - Black
BC5i Big Button Sim Free Senior Telephone - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Big Button, Big Display phone - with a very small print manual!, 12 Dec. 2012
Why do people buy a phone like this? Because their hands can no longer operate small buttons, or because their eyes can no longer read small buttons/screen displays. Or, if they are really unlucky, it's a combination of both! So, why do the makers provide such small, fiddly hand-books, with correspondingly TINY print?!!! Once I'd set it up for my Mum (she'd NEVER have managed herself), it seens to do everything she requires. Bar that is have a "vibrate" function - which although it says it does have it in the hand-book, it is missing from the phones menu! And no, it wasn't just a fault of the phone I was sent, as I sent it back for an exchange, & the second phone was just the same :-(

XLS Medical Fat Binder Tablets Weight Loss Aid - 10 Day Trial Pack, 60 Tablets
XLS Medical Fat Binder Tablets Weight Loss Aid - 10 Day Trial Pack, 60 Tablets

1.0 out of 5 stars A Total Waste fo Time - Unfortunately :-(, 12 Dec. 2012
After a 180 tablet/one month trial, I lost the grand total of - wait for it - NIL Pounds! Needless to say, I can only recomment these tablets if you like throwing away around £30.00p per month!

Footsteps - Live In Concert [DVD]
Footsteps - Live In Concert [DVD]
Dvd ~ Chris De Burgh

1.0 out of 5 stars Great video - just don't watch it to closely!, 1 Dec. 2010
Having been going to see Chris since the early 1970's, I was well pleased to see a new DVD being released - they help make up (to some small degree anyway) for his lack of UK dates these days :-( I keep hoping that someone will release the likes of the Munich & Dublin comcerts that were available on VHS many years ago! So, I sat down for the evening to watch what I thought would be a great couple of hours entertainment. And, for the first 10-15mins, I was not disappointed - great picture quality & GREAT sound. Then I noticed something 'odd' - the sound & picture were not always in-sync - & very obviously so at times! ie: Chris's mouth was shut at the end of a sentence, but the last word, or atleast the last part of it, was still being sung on the soundtrack! Unfortunately, having noticed this, the more I was watching for it, & the less attention I was paying to the actually concert! :-( I watched for another 15-20mins or so, & became even more convinced that Chris's mouth movements were not matching the soundtrack for quite a lot of the time. Now I can think of only 2 reasons for this. Either, someone screwed-up in post production, so sound & picture are out of sync. Or, heaven forbid, Chris has completely dubbed a new vocal track on later in the recording studio! Which may account for the really GREAT sound quality? Either way, I ended up turning it off after another 15mins or so, as I was now paying more attention to the 'out-of-sync' sound, than to the concert itself. It's only been 'played' once since, & then in 'sound' only, via the hifi, while writing some letters. And even then I couldn't enjoy it as much as say the "Live In Dublin" CD, I was wasn't sure I was actually listing to a "Live" concert, rather than a studio recording over some live clapping etc. Perhaps the musicians amongst you will be able to analyse what the musicians appear to be playing on screen & see if that matches whats on the soundtrack?
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 22, 2012 8:41 PM BST