Profile for E. Maxwell > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Felt Easter Egg Hunt Basket - Purple
Felt Easter Egg Hunt Basket - Purple

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 5 May 2016
Smaller than I thought and green not purple.

Fabric Folding Pen-
Fabric Folding Pen-
Offered by Totally-Crafty USA

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 May 2016
Excellent product makes folding appliqué shapes a breeze

Irwin Marples M2450 Cabinet Scraper 5in
Irwin Marples M2450 Cabinet Scraper 5in

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT AS EXPECTED, 11 Sept. 2015
Certainly not as pictured although was in sealed 'Marples' packaged card. The scraper was covered in tarnish marks and more importantly blunt and ineffective as is. Will need to spend time putting an edge on it and kicking myself for not paying a little more for a superior scraper

A Taste of Venice: At Table with Brunetti
A Taste of Venice: At Table with Brunetti

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, 4 Feb. 2015
As an fervent Brunetti fan salivating over Donna Leon's meal descriptions, I just had to buy this book. I love it!! and have earmarked several recipies to try out on the family.

Sperry Top-Sider Women's Angelfish Core Boat Shoes, Black, 4 UK
Sperry Top-Sider Women's Angelfish Core Boat Shoes, Black, 4 UK
Offered by NUWAVE

4.0 out of 5 stars Skimpy on the width, 4 Feb. 2015
I had read the reviews befor I bought these and having quite narrow feet thought these would be perfect. But Sperry have been rather skimpy with the width. I have applied a couple of coats of Mink Oil to soften the leather but I don't think I will be able to wear them for work (12hours active hours) which is what I intended. They look great and are very well made though.

Flowers In Appliqué: Fast and Simple Quilting with Printed-Motif Fabrics
Flowers In Appliqué: Fast and Simple Quilting with Printed-Motif Fabrics
by Judy Severson

5.0 out of 5 stars BRODERIE PERSE APPLIQUE, 19 Nov. 2014
I was looking for a Broderie Perse appliqué book and reading someone else's review decided to try this one. I absolutely love Judy Severson's style of writing and her quilts. I have earmarked 3 of them and have already started on the first (Rose Wreath) one. I sincerely hope this maiden book is the first of many.

Tuff-Luv Vintage Leather Wallet Style Case Cover for HTC One X+ - Brown
Tuff-Luv Vintage Leather Wallet Style Case Cover for HTC One X+ - Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this cover almost as much as the phone, 6 Nov. 2014
Love this cover almost as much as the phone. Superb quality as you would expect from Tuf-Luv with 24 hr delivery. Excellent all round

The Art of Boutis: 20 French Quilting Projects
The Art of Boutis: 20 French Quilting Projects
by Kumiko Nakayama-Geraerts

5.0 out of 5 stars BEAUTIFUL PROJECTS, 31 Jan. 2014
I absolutely love this book. Like another reviewer I bought it for the cover photo, but without exception I really like all the projects. My favourite has to be the baby quilt which I will be making for my grandaughter.
Service form Amazon was 1st rate book delivered within 24hrs
As you can tell I'm delighted with my purchase

Womens Faux Suede Furry Mules Slipper Ladies Mule Slippers Size UK 3
Womens Faux Suede Furry Mules Slipper Ladies Mule Slippers Size UK 3
Offered by Footwear Sensation

1.0 out of 5 stars POOR QUALITY, 22 May 2013
I must agree with another review. I thought these slippers were wonderful when they first arrived, looks good, very comfortable and easy on the feet, they were worn mostly inside but occasionally nipping out for the washing etc. I am not a heavyweight by any stretch (5' and size 10/12) but the heels of these slippers started to disintegrate within a couple of months and 3 months after purchasing were totally useless. If anyone is interested in this style I would recommend paying a little extra for better quality.

Quiltmaking by Hand: Simple Stitches, Exquisite Quilts
Quiltmaking by Hand: Simple Stitches, Exquisite Quilts
by Jinny Beyer

4.0 out of 5 stars Quiltmaking by Hand, 30 Mar. 2012
I agree wholeheartedly with the previous reviews, the writing and technical detail within this book are second to none. An excellent reference book that should be part of every quilters library.
So why only 4 stars? I made the mistake of assuming the stunning quilt (called 'Windows') pictured on the front cover, would be detailed within the book, which was my main reason for choosing this book.
It would have been more accurate to have used one of the 10 quilts detailed within the book for the front cover and not a quilt that is very briefly mentioned and the pattern of which is not available in the book or from Jinny Beyer's web site. To say it is mis-leading is an understatement.

Page: 1 | 2