Profile for Jani Pitkänen > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Pilot Frixion Erasable Rollerball Pack of 3 - Black
Pilot Frixion Erasable Rollerball Pack of 3 - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than pencil, 17 July 2014
It's an interesting concept and I think it works better than a pencil in every aspect: when erased leaves fewer marks and looks like any other ink. I just wish the pens themselves weren't so ugly.

Hazard Tape Soft PVC Internal Use 50mmx33m Black and Yellow [Pack of 6]
Hazard Tape Soft PVC Internal Use 50mmx33m Black and Yellow [Pack of 6]

5.0 out of 5 stars Sticks well and doesn't leave marks, 17 July 2014
It sticks well and doesn't leave marks. I use it tape cables on floors, tables, and sometimes even the devices themselves.

Integral Courier 16GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive
Integral Courier 16GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast, 17 July 2014
I bought about 15 of these as gifts and got very good feedback. They work fast and even though they seem fragile I haven't heard of any of them breaking so far.

Corsair Carbide 500R Micro ATX Midi Tower White
Corsair Carbide 500R Micro ATX Midi Tower White
Offered by AVIDES u.k.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fragile USB3 cable, 17 July 2014
Otherwise this case is fine but since I had problems with my motherboards I ended up connecting and disconnecting the cables repeatedly. The USB3 cable that connects the front ports didn't take this well. The plug broke up and when it did I could see why: it was held together by a small piece of plastic. Once it broke the pins started coming out.

The case is not particularly silent nor noisy either. The build seems good and strong except for the cable (or cables?) of course.

InLine - Mohterboard Test Kit - Mainboard TestSet
InLine - Mohterboard Test Kit - Mainboard TestSet
Offered by EFB Elektronik P.Salchert

5.0 out of 5 stars Works, 17 July 2014
I didn't try the LEDs but the PC speaker and the switches work as described.

Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 SKT-AM3+ Motherboard
Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 SKT-AM3+ Motherboard

1.0 out of 5 stars Two of these dead on arrival, 17 July 2014
After connecting everything my display couldn't get a signal. I tried switching the processor, memory, graphics card and disconnected everything unnecessary. After reading what people had written I learned that this is a common problem, and for some it has helped to detach and re-attach the graphics card repeatedly. That did not help me either.

Finally I bought a second motherboard like this and still the same issue. I tried connecting a PC speaker but it gave no sound: not even if I tried to start without memory sticks in which case it should beep at least about the missing memory.

I resolved the issue by buying a different brand of motherboard and everything worked fine out of the box. I returned both of these Gigabyte motherboards.

Q-Connect KF3535 Envelope C4 Window 100gsm Self-Seal (Pack of 250) - White
Q-Connect KF3535 Envelope C4 Window 100gsm Self-Seal (Pack of 250) - White

2.0 out of 5 stars Too large, 19 Mar. 2014
The envelope is so large that it allows an A4 inside it move quite freely. This means that no matter where do I print the address the paper will be able to move so much that the address will not be visible.

The quality otherwise is fine and the glue is fine other than that it's not protected with anything, so the envelope on top may collect dust on its glue.

Fellowes Powershred M-6C Cross-Cut Personal Shredder
Fellowes Powershred M-6C Cross-Cut Personal Shredder
Offered by Capital Stores

3.0 out of 5 stars Large cuts, 24 Feb. 2014
The shredder itself seems efficient and well built, but the cuts are quite large: 43 x 4 mm. That's large enough to contain 10 full digits of a credit card or 30 characters of normal text. Since it doesn't do diamond cut or anything more advanced like that, with some bad luck the shreds might actually contain the digits.

I work around the problem by inserting the papers with the most sensitive data diagonally, but with A4 papers it means I have to fold them first so that they'd fit which is a little bit annoying.

Lane Marking Tape PVC Internal Use Width 50mm Length 33m Yellow Ref 922323
Lane Marking Tape PVC Internal Use Width 50mm Length 33m Yellow Ref 922323

5.0 out of 5 stars Good and solid, 28 Nov. 2013
I was looking for a tape that would not leave marks, would stick, and would stretch a little. This one fits the bill perfectly.

Samsung S24B300HL 23.6 inch Widescreen LED Monitor - Gloss Black (1920 x 1080 Full HD, 5ms, HDMI/VGA)

4.0 out of 5 stars Not adjustable, 16 Aug. 2013
The biggest flaw is that this monitor cannot be adjusted in any way to a different position. I wish I had noticed that before buying. It's quite low so I have to put my copy of Webster's beneath it.

Other than that the picture quality is very nice for office use at least. The image is sharp, and the colors are good and bright. Movies also seem fine on it.

Page: 1 | 2