Profile for David S. > Reviews

Content by David S.

David S.

[Most Portable Speaker] Anker Ultra Portable Pocket Size Mini Wireless Bluetooth Speaker (12 Hour Playtime, NFC Compatibility, Passive Subwoofer) for Smartphones, Tablets, Laptops, PC and All Bluetooth Devices.
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 14 Jun. 2015
I love it! We are often away from an electricity supply and this fabulous little speaker gives us far more volume than we need to still hear our music and the radio on the iPad whilst camping. I've demonstrated it to my friends and at least three have said that they'll be getting one.

Tone Poem 3
Tone Poem 3

5.0 out of 5 stars there is a fascination in seeing the array of wonderful vintage instruments used in these recordings but what really ..., 19 May 2015
This review is from: Tone Poem 3 (Audio CD)
As with all the Tone Poems series, there is a fascination in seeing the array of wonderful vintage instruments used in these recordings but what really stands out is the sheer joy and the exuberance in the music. These guys were clearly having the best time playing and I have the best time whenever I listen to it. Very highly recommended.

Viking AV50 10-35x50 Mini Spotting Scope Kit
Viking AV50 10-35x50 Mini Spotting Scope Kit
Offered by fotoSENSE_Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was looking for, 27 Feb. 2015
I was looking for a budget spotting scope with reasonable optics and which was light enough to carry around on long walks. I am a novice birdwatcher, recently retired and with a modest budget and this lovely little scope has turned out to be perfect for my needs. The optics are perfectly adequate for my needs and I can carry both it and a small tripod around all day without discomfort.

We'd all like to have the very best in every field and maybe one day I might graduate to a more prestigious model with a higher spec but in the meantime, I have a scope, I can go out with it now and I'm not waiting to save up for years to get a 'name.' I could not be more pleased.

In Flanders Fields
In Flanders Fields

5.0 out of 5 stars funny: an astonishing album perfectly suited to the event ..., 11 Sept. 2014
This review is from: In Flanders Fields (Audio CD)
Outstanding vocals, powerful songs. Moving, harrowing, funny: an astonishing album perfectly suited to the event it commemorates.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 8, 2014 11:10 PM GMT

The World Turned Upside Down: Rosselsongs 1960-2010
The World Turned Upside Down: Rosselsongs 1960-2010

5.0 out of 5 stars The man is a genius, 2 Aug. 2013
Incisive, pointed, funny, witty, very clever rhyming and great melodies. Why are we inflicted with X Factor nonentities when there are talents like his?

Tone Poems
Tone Poems

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding musicianship and tasteful playing, 7 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Tone Poems (Audio CD)
Even though David Grisman and Tony Rice are absolute masters of their respective instruments, when they come together on this album it's even more than the sum of those two very considerable parts. Absolute joy all the way through.

2 Canon Compatible PGI525 Black Ink Cartridges - NEW WITH CHIP INSTALLED NO FUSS - Multipack Canon Compatible Printer Ink Cartridges for CANON PIXMA iP4850, ip4950, MG5150, MG5250, MG5350, MG6150, MG6220, MG6250, MG8150, MG8220, MG8250, MX885, IX6550 Printer Inks 2x PGI 525BK High Capacity Inks

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent cartridges, 5 Nov. 2012
I couldn't be happier with these good value and very high quality cartridges, the best compatible ones I've tried and I've tried a few!

10 Canon Compatible CLI526, PGI525, Printing Ink Cartridges - NEW WITH CHIP INSTALLED NO FUSS - Multipack Set of 10 Canon Compatible Printer Ink Cartridges for CANON PIXMA iP4850, iP4950, MG5150, MG5250, MG5350, MG6150, MG6220, MG6250, MG8150, MG8220, MG8250, MX715, MX885, IX6550 Printer Inks PGI 525BK, CLI 526Y, CLI 526M, CLI 526C, CLI 526BK,) High Capacity Inks

5.0 out of 5 stars Best compatible inks I've used, 8 Oct. 2012
I've tried a number of different makes of compatible inks and these are the best yet. I can't see any difference between them and the Canon originala apart from the price. I do a lot of photo printing from my Nikon D80 and I am very happy with the bright and vibrant colours I get; I wouldn't want to have a decent camera only to produce poor quality prints and that's certainly not the case with FCI's product. I have a friend who is a semi-professional portrait photographer and he uses these inks for producing prints for his clients - if it's good enough for him, it's certainly good enough for me.

4x Canon PGI-525 Blacks FCI Compatible Printer Ink Cartridges (Contains: 4x 525BK Large Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best compatible cartridges I've used, 4 Oct. 2012
I've always used compatible cartridges as the manufacturers ones are so expensive. I've had moderate results from other manufacturers but these really are the best I've used. I get more details and truer colour in my photos now than I've ever done and they do seem to be comparable with a friend's pictures who has the same camera as me (Nikon D80) but uses only Epson cartridges. Another friend uses these catridges for his commercial portrait work and that's recommendation enough for me. Very happy!

5 Compatible CLI526, PGI525, Printing Ink Cartridges - NEW WITH CHIP INSTALLED NO FUSS - Multipack Set of 5 Compatible Printer Ink Cartridges for CANON PIXMA iP4850, iP4950, MG5150, MG5250, MG5350, MG6150, MG6220, MG6250, MG8150, MG8220, MG8250, MX715, MX885, IX6550 Printer Inks PGI 525BK, CLI 526Y, CLI 526M, CLI 526C, CLI 526BK,) High Capacity Inks

5.0 out of 5 stars Best compatibles I've tried, 19 Jan. 2012
After watching a good printer fail in quality after using cheap compatible inks, I was reluctant to stray from the manufacturer's inks once I had bought a new one. However, thanks to other recommendations on Amazon, I tried a First Call set once my canon inks had run out and I can't see any difference in the quality. I sent a lot of money on my camera and it would be a nonsense if I cut corners in printing. These inks certainly seem to do my pictures justice. Highly recommended.