ARRAY(0xafd9b84c)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Attwood & Sawyer Windermere Earrings
Attwood & Sawyer Windermere Earrings

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely sapphire earrings, 18 Jan 2013
I bought these to wear with several blue outfits to sing at the Royal Albert Hall with The Really Big Chorus (sopranos are asked to wear something with blue and altos should wear something with red). It should match them perfectly and keep me supplied with jewellery for concerts for several years to come.

Berlitz: Iceland Pocket Guide (Berlitz Pocket Guides)
Berlitz: Iceland Pocket Guide (Berlitz Pocket Guides)
by Berlitz
Price: 4.85

4.0 out of 5 stars Good guide to Iceland, 18 Jan 2013
I bought this and the guide to Reykjavik for my forthcoming holiday to Iceland in February. It has lots of useful information on the country, lifestyle, places to eat, drink and stay and also a map of Reykjavik. I haven't actually used it yet but I think it will suit my purpose very wel..

Reykjavik, pocket guides, 4th
Reykjavik, pocket guides, 4th
by Thomas Cook Publishing

4.0 out of 5 stars Good guide to Reyjavik, 18 Jan 2013
I bought this and another guide to Reykjavik for my forthcoming holiday to Iceland in February. Unfortunately I haven't actually used it yet so can't really tell how useful it will be, but it has information about the lifestyle in Reykjavik and the main places to stay, eat and drink plus a map of the town so I think it will be right for my purpose.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 24, 2013 1:05 AM BST

Jane Shilton Women's Turin Small Bag Black 9873
Jane Shilton Women's Turin Small Bag Black 9873

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful black bag, 18 Jan 2013
I expected from the picture that this would be an all-black bag but surprisingly the one I've got is black and white. I think it will still go with a lot of things in my wardrobe though. Unfortunately I haven't started using it yet so I can't talk about how hard-wearing it is. It does look nice though and I think it's good value for money,

Attwood & Sawyer The Windsor Earrings
Attwood & Sawyer The Windsor Earrings

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful earrings, 4 Nov 2012
These earrings arrived on time and will go with several of my outfits but unfortunately I haven't actually worn them yet as I have quite a lot of jewellery.

Vintage Filigree Pearl Cameo Ring (Gold Tone)
Vintage Filigree Pearl Cameo Ring (Gold Tone)
Offered by Avalaya Jewellery
Price: 11.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely ring bought through Amazon, 17 April 2012
This ring arrived very quickly and will go very well with the matching earrings I had bought previously. They are both quite unusual and will complement my beige suit very well.

Blue Crystal Heart Pendant Necklace (Made With Swarovski Element) Valentine's Day Mum Mother's Day Gift
Offered by tengfeiukprime
Price: 1.07

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely blue sparkling pendant, 21 Feb 2012
This lovely blue sparkling pendant on a short chain arrived on time and in good condition. It came in a very nice striped gift box and will make a good present for my god-daughter in a few months time.

Communicate in Greek 1 (Book + CD)
Communicate in Greek 1 (Book + CD)
by Kleanthis Arvanitakis
Price: 39.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Greek course with CD, 7 Dec 2011
I bought this book (with CD in the back) because I need it for a course I am taking. It's very good at teaching you to read Greek and use Greek words in simple sentences. The weakness at first seemed to be that it didn't have any grammar in it but relied on users learning every word individually - I really need to know the grammatical reasons why we use certain words and certain word-endings. My first impression was rather misleading though - there is grammar in each chapter but not until after a piece of reading and comprehension.

The real drawback of this edition is that it has no English in it and I find it hard to remember the meanings of the words. In some of the chapters we have to write down the Greek words for the objects in the drawings but the drawings aren't very good and it's often hard to identity the objects even in English! It's quite fun to use but I think it would be better if it had a glossary in the back.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 20, 2012 11:18 AM GMT

Cheltenham, Gloucester & Stroud Street Atlas (A-Z Street Atlas)
Cheltenham, Gloucester & Stroud Street Atlas (A-Z Street Atlas)
by Geographers A-Z Map Company

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful guide to Cheltenham, 5 Nov 2011
I need this guide to find my way to a school in Cheltenham where I'm attending a Singing Day in a fortnight's time. I had found from the internet that the school was supposed to be near Cheltenham Spa railway station but had no idea how far it would be and so didn't know how much time to allow to get from the station to the school. With the A-Z I can see it's within easy walking distance and the 45 minutes I've allowed should be more than enough. Let's hope I'm right!

Birmingham Street Atlas (spiral) (A-Z Street Atlas)
Birmingham Street Atlas (spiral) (A-Z Street Atlas)
by Geographers A-Z Map Company
Edition: Spiral-bound
Price: 5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful street atlas, 5 Nov 2011
I needed the Birmingham A-Z chiefly to find the Malmaison Hotel where I had a business meeting to attend. With the A-Z I managed to find it easily.

It's a pity I didn't buy it earlier in the year, when I went to a wine tasting at the Custard Factory in Gibb Street, Birmingham. I ended up wandering all round New Street Station looking for the bus stop on Station Street and found out later that I could have walked all the way to the Custard Factory in much less time! I could also have walked back to the station after the wine tasting instead of waiting for the bus and being pestered by a tramp at the stop.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4