Profile for Adaora Dickens > Reviews

Content by Adaora Dickens

Adaora Dickens (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
E-Deals BC/B22 Remote Controlled Colour Changing Light Bulb 10w
E-Deals BC/B22 Remote Controlled Colour Changing Light Bulb 10w
Offered by E-Deals Shop - UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Dimmable remote LED bulb !!, 6 April 2016
Having previously bought LED colour changing spotlights in the past I was used to the set-up and how the remote control IR functions work etc. The Lighting feature for this one was surprisingly bright, which is often a problem with these LED bulbs. Colour change options could not be faulted, although the strobe effect was too funky for my liking !!

Essentially-lots of colour settings and brightness modes to enjoy. Will probably order another set for my small study. It’s got an energy saving rating of A+, but haven’t had it long enough to comment on longevity etc.

Overall would definitely recommend this LED to anyone especially since the pricing is reasonable.

All the Rules: Time-Tested Secrets for Capturing the Heart of Mr. Right
All the Rules: Time-Tested Secrets for Capturing the Heart of Mr. Right
by Ellen Fein
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Useful guideline, 28 May 2014
THIS BOOK NEEDS TO BE GIVEN TO EVERY GIRL WHO IS ABOUT TO GO TO UNIVERSITY. Soooo useful. My cousin used it and is now married to the man of her dreams. No joke. tbh it's been about 3 years since I last read it but I think its time I read it again.

It basically shows you how to hold your own in a relationship. Also how to behave and act in such a way that the guy sees the best you. ITs about giving men what they need, not what they want i.e. they may WANT to sleep with you but they NEED to work for it; and after they have worked for it, they will value you more than if you took a chance. Thats a very basic and obvious example but the book, I found, answered a lot of romances questions. "why isn't he calling me.. why does he do x or y.. why can't i meet the right guy" etc I think if you're looking to settle down and not jump from one guy to the next this book shows you how to conduct yourself in such a way that shows off your best assets! (ha these people should pay me for these reviews!!)

The Secret (Extended Edition) [DVD]
The Secret (Extended Edition) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Sophie Angelle

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 28 May 2014
This is an amazing "Secret". I watched it and as mind-blown. I think this is the start of how to take control of your life and live the life you dream of. Or rather dream the life you want and watch as the universe helps that dream to unfold.

Debrett's A-Z of Modern Manners
Debrett's A-Z of Modern Manners
by Jo Bryant

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful, 28 May 2014
I found it useful but I was hoping it would include more specific stuff like how to set a formal dinner table. It does cover a LARGE scope but not absolutely everything

The 4-Hour Work Week: Escape the 9-5, Live Anywhere and Join the New Rich
The 4-Hour Work Week: Escape the 9-5, Live Anywhere and Join the New Rich
by Timothy Ferriss

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 28 May 2014
I'm about a quarter way through and so far so good. I'm finding it really inspiring.
I decided to get it because I was at a finance talk at uni when a guy who used to work for a finance company mentioned in passing that he read this book before he set up his own business and he makes more in a month than he does in a year. So I was pretty convinced because he was a real guy who went to my uni and he didn't even mention the name of the book I had to ask him what it was. I was also following a girl on youtube called "girlbanker". She made some really good videos on how to get into the banking industry and she said the same thing!! So I thought I'd give it a shot. I'm up to the part where I'm "dreamlining" ie creating a structure of the life of my dreams, working out its costs and the target monthly income that I need to work towards. I think this book is a millionnaire's best kept secret. But we'll see. I'll try to do another review in a year or 6 when I've made my millions!

Pharmaclinix Lightenex Lightening Body Lotion
Pharmaclinix Lightenex Lightening Body Lotion
Offered by chemistdirect

5.0 out of 5 stars this also works, 28 May 2014
It works, I used this in conjunction with the face scrub (I rubbed the face scrub on my body as well) and noticed my skin get lighter. I'm black, african and have mid-dark skin and didn't experience any side effects. make sure not to get it in your eyes!! This lotion stings if you get it in your eyes so just be careful with it. I'd get it again however I've reached my desired shade so I no-longer need nor want it.

PharmaClinix Lightenex Face Scrub & Wash 250ml
PharmaClinix Lightenex Face Scrub & Wash 250ml
Offered by TheCosmeticPractice

5.0 out of 5 stars it works, 28 May 2014
It works, I used the face scrub in conjunction with the body lotion and noticed my skin get lighter. I'm black, african and have mid-dark skin and didn't experience any side effects. I used it every morning. IT STINGSSSS YOUR EYES. make sure not to get it in your eyes!! This and the lotion stings if you get it in your eyes so just be careful with it, we only get one set of eyes and theres no point playing with fire over a bit of melanin. I'd get it again however I've reached my desired shade so I no-longer need nor want it. Also I have kinda started loving my skin for what it is and realised light skin is over-rated lol but if you want a safe product then this is the one.

PharmaClinix Lightenex Bright Skin Lightening Cream
PharmaClinix Lightenex Bright Skin Lightening Cream
Offered by Forever Pharmacy

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, 28 May 2014
It works, skin got lighter though not dramatically.
- I'm black (west african) and have mid-tone/dark skin and I can confirm that this made my skin lighter and other people noticed. I have a yellow undertone so it made my skin a bit more yellow (as opposed to that scary pink/purple shade that people get when they over-bleach) I didn't have any side effects. I used it for about a month so I guess if I continued using it my skin would have probably got even lighter but I'd reached my desired shade (to match the natural colour of my neck, chest and legs)

The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment: Unabridged
The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment: Unabridged
by Eckhart Tolle
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful Stuff, 28 May 2014
This book made me experience such a deep level of peace that I had never before encountered (Except through a direct experience with God)
It teaches you to drop the mental and emotional baggage that you have carried all your life.
It teaches you that you are separate from that voice in your head that criticizes, feels sad, feels angry, questions you.. and through that separation you feel peace. It teaches you your truest self: a person of love, lightness and peace. It basically gives you a glimpse of paradise.

(I know this sounds really hippe-like and airy fairy but my life has been changed by this book (i bought the book then the audio tape after, I prefer reading, I'm going to be honest)

I got the book when I was deeply unhappy, unsatisfied with life and quite depressed. The book ended that for me. I also had really bad hayfever. When I read it, applied it to my life I felt this overwhelming feeling of freedom from past pain, I felt alive, I felt whole and my hayfever symptoms totally disappeared. (it was still the middle of summer and I was still living in the same place.
Anyway that is my personal experience. I strongly recommend this book for anyone who is grieving, feeling very sad, depressed, alone, frustrated, sick or just wants to experience peace and joy.

The Power Of Your Subconscious Mind (revised): One Of The Most Powerful Self-help Guides Ever Written!
by Joseph Murphy/ Revised By Ian McMahan

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 28 May 2014
I got this book, I think because oprah said she reads it every year and I basically want to live a life like oprah.

I found it a really powerful tool to help me reprogram my mind to be more focused on the things I want and not the things I don't want.
I'd thoroughly recommend it as a lot of things I have wanted have come into my life since reading this book and it kind of explains the science behind prayers (for all religions and even people who aren't religious)

Page: 1 | 2