Profile for D. Feldman > Reviews

D. Feldman (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
TFA Dostmann 230V Gallery Weather Station
TFA Dostmann 230V Gallery Weather Station

4.0 out of 5 stars moon phase - excellent stuff. It's a manual clock, 1 Dec 2014
Everyone likes a bit of indoor/outdoor weather action. I've had 3 completely different weather stations and this is my first colour job.

Lots of info about the weather, pressure, outdoor/indoor temps, moon phase - excellent stuff.

It's a manual clock, and I've had previous weather stations that use a remote auto time - which always makes me feel is the 'correct' time. So slight mark down on that one.
The back light is excellent - and can be turned off with a switch at the back - clapping near to or tapping the unit briefly switches the back light on.

Further marks down for the fact with the back light off you can't really read anything - why not make it so you can read it without a backlight?

Viewing angles aren't great either - sat on my sofa with the station level to my eye on the cabinet opposite I can't read anything. Not the end of the world, but I'd have thought with a backlight you'd be able to read it in a good range of viewing angles - you can't!

Having said that - it's still worth 4 stars because it's got a good level of detail, looks quite nice and was reasonably priced (when I got it on Black Friday).

Xpelair BX100C In-Line Shower Extractor Fan
Xpelair BX100C In-Line Shower Extractor Fan

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good. But (there's always a but) - one ..., 26 Nov 2014
Pretty good. But (there's always a but) - one day I'll replace the fan and all the pipework. The fan is a simple on/off with no after timer - and slightly under powered even for my tiny bathroom. This could be due to the distance it has to suck the air from and of course the supplied piping isn't long enough and I needed extra. The actual light fitting seems ok - but the internal plastic which you can see when standing under the light itself is beige - which I find a bit ugly.
It does vaguely suck out the (damp) air, but as with all these fan kits, there's a lot of variables which affect performance. The noise generated is acceptable but I could probably improve that by fitting some damping to the roof strut the fan is fitted to.
I should also say that if your pipework has any dips, water will collect and I guess over time that will cause a problem. I will at some point change the piping for a soil stack or something.
But then again - I may never get round to it.

Panasonic KX-TG6523EB DECT Trio Digital Cordless Phone Set with Answer Machine - Black
Offered by ASK

4.0 out of 5 stars But for the price I actually paid these are pretty good. Fairly robust they've survived 3 years of ..., 26 Nov 2014
I don't recall paying as much as they currently cost (£70). But for the price I actually paid these are pretty good. Fairly robust they've survived 3 years of use so far. Batteries last an age and having three of them means if you lose one you've got two spares.

Bad points - they look rather 80's in style. If your power goes so do the time settings on the phone - and while it's easy to reset. I find this rather annoying.

Osram 13 Watt Compact Fluorescent Light Dulux Lamp
Osram 13 Watt Compact Fluorescent Light Dulux Lamp

3.0 out of 5 stars I doubt anyone will find this review helpful because it's not a happy or fulfilling ending - which is exactly why they'll ..., 26 Nov 2014
I'm currently at work reviewing a purchase of a light bulb on Amazon. Perhaps I should instead be looking for a new job. But you want to hear about the bulb not my job - presumably.
I actually got rather excited about the bulb purchase. For an outside light I found it difficult to get the bulb from anywhere other than online (admittedly I didn't look very hard). So my outside light wasn't working for ages - I ordered the hard to find bulb which arrived in a timely fashion, and got out my ladder to change it on my outside light.
Once fitted I excitedly jumped off the ladder and hurt my ankle - in retrospect I will in future climb back down the ladder.
I rush inside to flip the switch expecting bright rays of artificial light to fill my back garden.
Unfortunately the bulb failed to illuminate.
Deflated I put the ladder away.
I will of course update this review once I've taken out my new bulb and checked the light fitting for faults.
I doubt anyone will find this review helpful because it's not a happy or fulfilling ending - which is exactly why they'll be an update once I get the ladder out for further investigation.
But I can't help feeling I simply won't bother. I don't even like the lights and am currently browsing Amazon looking for replacements.
Only an hour to go till home time!!

Black & Decker KA161BC Mouse Detail Sander with Accessories
Black & Decker KA161BC Mouse Detail Sander with Accessories

4.0 out of 5 stars Tiny!, 26 Nov 2014
Well - for the price this is actually pretty good. I'd been looking for a 'sanding' device for ages, but was reluctant to spend very much on it because I don't actually sand very often. It's tiny, but quite effective and smoothing off virtually anything. Because it's small it's easy to control, the trade off being it'll take longer to sand anything 'big'.
I even connected up the hoover and managed to avoid getting dust everywhere.
I'm happy - and wondering if it'll work for the callouses on my feet.

Kidde 0910UKC Smoke Alarm for Living Areas & Bedrooms Sealed Battery (10 Year) Long Life (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars A three pack of smoke alarms, 15 Oct 2013
I've only used one so far, so cannot vouch for the other two, but being triplets I presume they'd be similar.
It goes off occasionally when I let the frying pan get too hot - but knowing it's the frying pan I don't evacuate the house. It went up nicely and has a certain early 90's style about it, being beige! It's got a long lasting battery in it but I can't currently give you details on how long is long.
I hope if ever we do have a fire it'll let me know before the house burns down.
Back to the beige - what's wrong with white? Or black, or even red?

New
New

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing really!, 15 Oct 2013
This review is from: New (Audio CD)
Music is such a personal thing. McCartney whether it be Beatles, Wings or Solo has been part of my life. 70's, 80's, 90's and now 00's - he's there. Every album, without exception always has a few cracking tunes on it. How many cracking tunes is debatable. I often go back to old albums and suddenly find something I wasn't interested in ten years ago rings true to me now. It's remarkable really - he did all the Beatle stuff and still comes back with more - every single album! Those that write him off as being too old, clearly spend too much time reading the Daily Mail - remember we all get old. His voice has aged, but it doesn't in my mind at least, detract from the fact he can still write amazing melodic tunes that always have me going back for more.
This album is no exception. But perhaps it is an exception, because there's more cracking stuff on here than on many of his previous attempts. Twists and turns, lovely bridges and that constant bass - the McCartney bass! Two days after release it's too early to tell whether it'll be a laster (initial impressions tell me it is). I thought Memory Almost Full was great when I first heard it, but I find it too loud and get tired after a few songs. This is different. How can he be 71? Only one song tells you his age and that's clearly done on purpose.
Go listen - and if you're not too busy reading the Daily Mail go listen to it again!
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 19, 2014 9:46 PM GMT

Babyway Travel Cot
Babyway Travel Cot

5.0 out of 5 stars A travel cot!, 9 Oct 2013
This review is from: Babyway Travel Cot (Baby Product)
As the title of my review suggests, it is indeed a travel cot. A cot that travels neatly too. It folds down neatly and whilst it's heavy it's also pretty sturdy too so you can squash it into the boot of the car without worrying about it breaking.

I haven't tried sleeping in it yet, but my 1 year old son said it was ok - but would have preferred a memory foam mattress.

It doesn't come with a memory foam mattress - it comes with a thin foam backed wrappable plank type thing that folds out into a base mattress.

The nice thing about having a child that cannot talk is that he can't complain I've scrimped on the mattress. It's fine - honestly. Nothing a few nicely layered towels under the bed sheet won't solve. And he slept well for most of the holiday - but perhaps that was the fumes!

Anyway, we're all home now and the mattress and cot is tucked up safely for the next time we need it.

Night night everyone - sweet dreams!

Logitech Wireless Speaker Adaptor for Bluetooth Audio Devices
Logitech Wireless Speaker Adaptor for Bluetooth Audio Devices

5.0 out of 5 stars Remarkably easy to use - why didn't I buy this ages ago?, 9 May 2013
It really is as simple as plugging it into an amp press the button, connect any Bluetooth enabled music device and away you go.

I can't believe I didn't get one of these ages ago.

Now I can play music, control the volume, or even listen to music on YouTube - all through my 20 year old amp which is bluetoothed up to my phone. Remarkably easy to use, and works well from distance.

MENS GREEN DUNLOP WELLINGTON BOOTS UK10
MENS GREEN DUNLOP WELLINGTON BOOTS UK10
Offered by Footwear Sensation

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, 10 April 2013
Having moved from London to the country, these have come in handy for my long country walks.

Srub that - I don't do long country walks.

They are however handy in the garden and when walking through mud or quite deep water.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3