ARRAY(0xa0bd16c0)

Profile for D. Feldman > Reviews

Content by D. Feldman

D. Feldman (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Kidde 0910UKC Smoke Alarm for Living Areas & Bedrooms Sealed Battery (10 Year) Long Life

5.0 out of 5 stars A three pack of smoke alarms, 15 Oct 2013
I've only used one so far, so cannot vouch for the other two, but being triplets I presume they'd be similar.
It goes off occasionally when I let the frying pan get too hot - but knowing it's the frying pan I don't evacuate the house. It went up nicely and has a certain early 90's style about it, being beige! It's got a long lasting battery in it but I can't currently give you details on how long is long.
I hope if ever we do have a fire it'll let me know before the house burns down.
Back to the beige - what's wrong with white? Or black, or even red?

New
New
Price: 12.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing really!, 15 Oct 2013
This review is from: New (Audio CD)
Music is such a personal thing. McCartney whether it be Beatles, Wings or Solo has been part of my life. 70's, 80's, 90's and now 00's - he's there. Every album, without exception always has a few cracking tunes on it. How many cracking tunes is debatable. I often go back to old albums and suddenly find something I wasn't interested in ten years ago rings true to me now. It's remarkable really - he did all the Beatle stuff and still comes back with more - every single album! Those that write him off as being too old, clearly spend too much time reading the Daily Mail - remember we all get old. His voice has aged, but it doesn't in my mind at least, detract from the fact he can still write amazing melodic tunes that always have me going back for more.
This album is no exception. But perhaps it is an exception, because there's more cracking stuff on here than on many of his previous attempts. Twists and turns, lovely bridges and that constant bass - the McCartney bass! Two days after release it's too early to tell whether it'll be a laster (initial impressions tell me it is). I thought Memory Almost Full was great when I first heard it, but I find it too loud and get tired after a few songs. This is different. How can he be 71? Only one song tells you his age and that's clearly done on purpose.
Go listen - and if you're not too busy reading the Daily Mail go listen to it again!
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 29, 2013 3:07 PM GMT

Babyway Travel Cot
Babyway Travel Cot
Price: 31.50

5.0 out of 5 stars A travel cot!, 9 Oct 2013
This review is from: Babyway Travel Cot (Baby Product)
As the title of my review suggests, it is indeed a travel cot. A cot that travels neatly too. It folds down neatly and whilst it's heavy it's also pretty sturdy too so you can squash it into the boot of the car without worrying about it breaking.

I haven't tried sleeping in it yet, but my 1 year old son said it was ok - but would have preferred a memory foam mattress.

It doesn't come with a memory foam mattress - it comes with a thin foam backed wrappable plank type thing that folds out into a base mattress.

The nice thing about having a child that cannot talk is that he can't complain I've scrimped on the mattress. It's fine - honestly. Nothing a few nicely layered towels under the bed sheet won't solve. And he slept well for most of the holiday - but perhaps that was the fumes!

Anyway, we're all home now and the mattress and cot is tucked up safely for the next time we need it.

Night night everyone - sweet dreams!

Logitech Wireless Speaker Adaptor for Bluetooth Audio Devices
Logitech Wireless Speaker Adaptor for Bluetooth Audio Devices
Price: 27.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Remarkably easy to use - why didn't I buy this ages ago?, 9 May 2013
It really is as simple as plugging it into an amp press the button, connect any Bluetooth enabled music device and away you go.

I can't believe I didn't get one of these ages ago.

Now I can play music, control the volume, or even listen to music on YouTube - all through my 20 year old amp which is bluetoothed up to my phone. Remarkably easy to use, and works well from distance.

MENS GREEN DUNLOP WELLINGTON BOOTS UK10
MENS GREEN DUNLOP WELLINGTON BOOTS UK10
Offered by Footwear Sensation
Price: 8.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, 10 April 2013
Having moved from London to the country, these have come in handy for my long country walks.

Srub that - I don't do long country walks.

They are however handy in the garden and when walking through mud or quite deep water.

Tefal Expert 5-Piece Cookware Set - Grey
Tefal Expert 5-Piece Cookware Set - Grey
Price: 63.20

5.0 out of 5 stars A expert cookware set for an expert chef, 10 April 2013
I'm not an expert chef at all - but I do like a nice clean pan. My old ones lasted 15 years, so it was time to buy some new ones, and these seemed well priced.
They cook.
But then if they didn't - something would be terribly wrong.

The lids don't stack very well, so if your pans are in a drawer you need a little more space as a result.
The pans themselves are on the small side.

That's it really!

6 Pairs Mens Ultimate Work Socks 6/11 (6/11)
6 Pairs Mens Ultimate Work Socks 6/11 (6/11)
Offered by School Wear United
Price: 6.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Winter socks for the longest winter EVER., 10 April 2013
Never bought socks online before. But these ones are excellent. However - are you really interested in hearing about a sock?

They do seem to attract hair quite easily (not mine) - and sometimes I have to pull clumps of it off - but this maybe due to the fact I need to hoover to carpet more.

Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Keyboard
Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Keyboard

4.0 out of 5 stars Backlit keyboard, 10 April 2013
I'd been after a backlit keyboard for a while, but could never justify the cost. I finally went for this one, if for no other reason than the fact the lights were red.

It's 'ok'.

It is after all simply a keyboard with a load of extra keys I've yet to make use of. My only complaint is that to make room for the extra keys, the standard keys seem to be spaced quite closely together resulting in mistakes.

Slimport to HDMI adapter - Connect your Google Nexus 4 phone to an HDMI TV, monitor, or projector (SP1002)

5.0 out of 5 stars Connects my phone to my TV, 10 April 2013
It was one of those purchases I often make when I've bought a new phone. Most of my previous purchases have turned out to be a bit pointless - but like the phone (Nexus) this particular purchase has turned out to be a winner.

It absolutely works as it's meant to. It can also trickle charge the phone at the same time, however the charge it gives is just enough to keep the phone alive during a playback (of video).

Large Blue Nitrile Gloves (100) Powder Free Latex Free
Large Blue Nitrile Gloves (100) Powder Free Latex Free
Offered by Aaron Chemicals Ltd
Price: 6.81

5.0 out of 5 stars Blue hands, 19 Mar 2013
I've wanted blue hands for ages - and finally have them. Sometimes you don't want to dirty a perfectly good pair of marigolds, when a disposable glove is much more suitable for the task in hand. I've done motorcycle mechanics, gardening, painting and open heart surgery with these beauties.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3