Profile for Don Duncan > Reviews

Content by Don Duncan

Don Duncan "averagecuppajoe" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Bose QuietComfort 20 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones for Apple Devices (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Well-worth the money!, 31 Oct. 2015
I really like these! You forget that you have them on. People go to speak to you without realising that you are wearing them. The first thing I noticed was that the only advantage that other products had on Bose--the bass, is greatly improved. Whilst not overdoing it, they have significantly beefed up the bass. Fantastic sound! Even better than I had anticipated.

The rotating clip-on attachment on the cord is a big aid. I've never felt like they were going to fall off. With headphones I've got something caught in the cord and accidentally ripped them off my head. It hasn't happened with these. They feel invisible. They're the most comfortable in-ear system I've come across. You can seriously forget that you have them on.

The Noise-cancelling is great. Pretty impressive for not being over-the-ear type.

Drawbacks are that eating is odd as you can hear yourself over the music. On a windy day the wind can create some noise if they're not snug. Other than that, everything on them is excellent.

I would definitely purchase again and recommend. I'm flying trans-atlantic next month and can't wait to not have the dreaded flat hair due to wearing headphones

5LBs in 5 Days: The Juice Detox Diet
5LBs in 5 Days: The Juice Detox Diet
by Jason Vale

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to follow and really works, 18 Jun. 2015
This book will save your life if you're trying to lose weight! Easy to follow and really works. I'm on my fifth fast now. Not as tough as I imagined it would be and it kills your cravings while rebooting your body. Your body will thank you for getting this book.

TeckNet® M002 Nano Wireless Mouse,6 Buttons,18 Month Battery Life,2000 DPI 3 Adjustment Levels-Grey
Offered by Innovation Goal UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gadget!, 7 Mar. 2015
Very easy to set up, very easy to use. Can't ask for anything more!

Bigger Herr's Jalapeno Poppers Flavour Cheese Curls, 198.5g Bag
Bigger Herr's Jalapeno Poppers Flavour Cheese Curls, 198.5g Bag
Offered by Electro World

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 17 Dec. 2014
These are awesome! Big, wonderful taste!

Big Dreams & High Hopes
Big Dreams & High Hopes

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Big Dreams & High Hopes (Audio CD)
Great!

The Secret Path [DVD]
The Secret Path [DVD]
Dvd ~ Darren Bransford
Offered by Gayfilmlover

5.0 out of 5 stars I like to be surprised!, 10 Nov. 2014
This review is from: The Secret Path [DVD] (DVD)
I have to admit that I wasn't sure as to what I was watching. I never read the synopsis first. I like to be surprised. We start out in a beautiful field with our two leads, obviously very much in love and free. We can tell by the costuming that this isn't modern day. It turns out to be in the early 1800's, although it isn't relevant to the story. What follows is a peek into a very romantic love story. No action, very low key, but enthralling nonetheless. Albeit, with a supernatural twist, described as a "ghost story".

It's nice to see a gay film where the obstacle isn't any type of homophobic lunatic, or a person or couple struggling with self-loathing. Just a beautiful couple in "anytime" and "anyplace" faced by a darkness of the supernatural type. I won't go into the supernatural element and give the plot away. I'll just say that it literally had me sitting on the edge of my seat!

The film was done on a low-budget, but I don't believe the film makes it evident. It's very lush with a beautiful soundtrack. It's a very small, but excellent cast. The two leads have amazing chemistry and are easy to watch. There are sex scenes, but done in good taste. It feels romantic and real. Not something concocted between actors that is supposed to look real, while you know the actors are choreagraphed to the hilt. The two leads, Darren Bransford and Henry Regan are very easy-on-the-eyes. Bransford playing the handsome, good-looking, and rugged Frank, and Regan playing the adorable, handsome Theo.

If you want a fast-paced film with lots of story, then this probably isn't your cup of tea. However, if you like to just lay back and watch an enjoyable slice of life from another perspective. If you want to see two handsome, masculine men who are totally in love with and support each other--with a slight supernatural twist chasing them, then should be a great film for you! I highly recommend it!

Deep Blue Sea [Blu-ray] [1999] [Region Free]
Deep Blue Sea [Blu-ray] [1999] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Thomas Jane

5.0 out of 5 stars Best "Jaws" ripoff ever made!, 23 Aug. 2014
I've always referred to this film as the "best Jaws ripoff ever made!" I think that it's a great film about genetically altered (smart) sharks. It contains one of the best death scenes ever. You'll find it on many lists. LL Cool J provides great comic relief, as Thomas Jane steals scenes with a smoking hot body and his understated character.

I don't do reviews that give the movie away. I'll just say that the film begins and ends with action, great special effects, and an actual story. There is enough shark footage for fans, enough comedy-(but not too much), action, and suspense to make it memorable. It has characters that you root for, as well as characters that you wouldn't becoming shark food. I've always enjoyed this film. It did well at the box office, but I still think it's underrated.

Imperial Metal Headboard
Imperial Metal Headboard

5.0 out of 5 stars Great solid headboard, 23 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Imperial Metal Headboard
Great solid headboard! It doesn't arrive with screws to fasten it to the bed. I called the company and purchased them after failing to find them anywhere (including B&Q). They arrived quickly, costing £7.50 a pair.

I was afraid the headboard may not be as solid as I'd like, but it's sturdy-as well as attractive.

Intex 28684 Electric Above Ground Pool Heater 2.2 KW / 230 V
Intex 28684 Electric Above Ground Pool Heater 2.2 KW / 230 V
Offered by Splash And Relax

4.0 out of 5 stars Works-but limited in use., 6 Jun. 2014
We have a 15'x46" Intex pool, it has no insulation other than a solar cover which only heats the first few inches on top of the pool. We buy 2 heaters every year and they work well. The pool stays at 96 F, very comfortable even on cool days. Not as warm as it sounds.

This pool would take a 6 volt heater, but it's several times the price--and has to be hard-wired, not just plugged in. One heater doesn't do the trick for our size of pool. It only gets the pool up to the 70's, which is still rather too cool. Two heaters are not recommended by the manufacturer, but I've done it this way for 3 years now. The only issue is that I have to replace them every year. This could be simply a matter of taking them inside for the winters, but I can't be bothered.

I don't winterize. The pool has sat for 3 years as is, no issues except replacing the cheap filter this year, and replacing the 2 heaters every year. Instructions say not to use the filter or heater while using the pool. A ridiculous concept if you ask me. I grew up with a 19,000 gallon pool and the pump and heater were always on. We use the pool all day, it would never get heated otherwise. I imagine the clause protects the manufacturer's from potential electrocutions.

The summers aren't always warm in the UK, 2 heaters assures us we can use it all summer long--and we do. We had to have an electician run electricity to the back yard prior to setting u[p the pool. I tried 2 heaters based on a suggestion. You run one into the other, into the pool. Works perfectly! Considering the original pool was only £200, it has been a great investment!
Comment Comments (15) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 6, 2014 10:16 AM BST

Intex Easy Set Pool 15' x 48" Swimming Pool Above Ground 15 FT Diameter 48 Inch Deep with Filter Pump
Offered by Splash And Relax

5.0 out of 5 stars Great investment!, 12 May 2014
We've had our pool for 3 years now. It's survived the UK winters without being taken down once. It's still standing without a problem. I've had to replace the heater every year (inexpensive). The inexpensive filter died after 3 years, but it's been left out in the elements since the pool was set up. This has been a fantastic investment, one of the best I've ever made.

*Because the summers tend to be cool here, I've kept 2 3v heaters rigged up to it. To jump to a 6v heater is a huge jump in price and it has to be wired in, not just plugged in. The 2 little heaters are just connected to each other. They keep the pool very warm (95 degrees). This way it can be used on the coolest summer days. These pools have no insulation so they cool down quickly. The company won't recommend this, but I've done it, so it works.

Setup is easy, just make sure the bottom is perfectly flat and smooth before adding water. Get it as level as possible, too. Don't let people hang on top of the sides of the pool--it will collapse. It hasn't happened to us because we're careful, but it could easily happen if a big enough person put all of their weight on it.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 24, 2015 3:55 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4