Profile for McGoogly > Reviews

5g Colgate Toothpaste Refills [Set of 3]
Offered by ickle bockles
Price: 2.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Small, but handy....., 20 July 2014
These are small, really small, but ideal for a weekend away (you get two, possible three brushes out of a tube) but I find them ideal for the times when you want a very compact wash bag.

The Teashop on the Corner
The Teashop on the Corner
Price: 3.32

5.0 out of 5 stars It made me laugh, it made me cry........, 20 July 2014
I am not going to go on and on about this book writing a poncy literary review. I would rather just say that I found it to be funny, sad, charming, gentle and I didn't want it to end. It's not high end fiction but I enjoyed it immensely. The characters were charming and I laughed out loud at some parts and cried at others. What more can I ask?

Ipac Inox Bruschetta 25 x 25 cm Toaster
Ipac Inox Bruschetta 25 x 25 cm Toaster
Price: 8.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes a great camping toaster (and pretty good bruschetta too!), 26 Jun 2014
I first read about these stove top bruschetta toasters on a camping forum website (sad, I know), but they were not available in this country at the time. They have been in production in Italy since the 1950's where they are used on gas stove tops to toast bread for bruschetta. I bought mine to make toast on a single gas burner stove when camping. I have four other camping toasters that all work to a certain extent. With all of them you have to keep moving the toast about otherwise it burns in one place whilst not toasting at all in others. Two of my other toasters only take one slice at a time, one will just squeeze in two small slices and the fourth one, an upright toaster, will take four slices but produces disappointing toast. This one excels where the others fail because it takes four medium slices at the same time and it does actually toast them! You will have to experiment with the gas flow to get the perfect slice of toast and you will still need to turn the slices around a bit. Despite really turning up the heat the handle seems to stay cool to the touch. Mine arrived slightly squashed (the metal grid was pushed down into the metal tray) but it was easy enough to lift it up with a kitchen knife. All in all, I'm very pleased to be able to make four slices of toast at the same time on a one burner stove...

Perspi Guard Antiperspirant Treatment 50ml
Perspi Guard Antiperspirant Treatment 50ml
Offered by Activecare Online
Price: 9.49

5.0 out of 5 stars It really does work.....!, 23 Jun 2014
I'll be brief because there is only so much you can say about an antiperspirant that does what it says it does. This one is applied at bedtime ( the instructions are quite specific about this) to clean skin. The following morning, and on subsequent mornings, you can shower as usual without the need to reapply the product. It ls effective for 4-5 days before you have to repeat the process. A word of caution, do not apply to recently shaved skin or anywhere you might have a cut....it hurts like hell and for a very long time afterwards!

Aerobie AeroPress Coffee Maker
Aerobie AeroPress Coffee Maker
Price: 25.81

5.0 out of 5 stars It really does work!, 7 Jun 2014
My son bought this little coffee press for my husband's birthday and I have to say I was very sceptical that it could produce a decent cup of coffee because it seems to fly in the face of everything you think you know about making a good cup of filter coffee. Having placed the little filter into the bottom of the press you add to generous scoops of ground coffee into the chamber. When you realise that you only add about a third of a mug of hot water to this quantity of coffee you start to think that it cannot possibly work. The next step is 10 seconds of stirring before you insert the plunger and then a further 20-30 seconds as you press the plunger slowly down. So, very little time for the coffee to be in contact with the water (30-40 seconds in total). Your mug will now be about a third full of coffee. If you like espresso then that is all you do, if you prefer a latte or an Americano style coffee you simply add recently boiled water to top up. It doesn't seem right but it really does produce a delicious cup of coffee. You might be thinking that your cafetiere can already do all of this but the coffee definitely tastes better and, more importantly, the Aeropress is much easier to clean afterwards. The little 'puck' of pressed coffee grounds simply pushes out in one piece into the bin (or compost) and then you just run the tap over the press itself. You don't even need to dismantle the press because the plunger cleans the inside of the press as you push down. All in all, I really didn't expect the Aeropress to work but it has far exceeded my expectations.

Steaming!
Steaming!
by Annette Yates
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A really useful book, 26 Dec 2013
This review is from: Steaming! (Paperback)
At first glance this book doesn't look much. Further investigation reveals so much useful information on timings and also lots of great recipes and tips for using your steamer. There aren't any photos which is a shame but, look beyond that, and you will find much to like about the book. And it's really reasonably priced!

Eucerin Dry Skin Intensive Hand Cream 5% Urea with Lactate 75ml
Eucerin Dry Skin Intensive Hand Cream 5% Urea with Lactate 75ml
Price: 7.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, great value...., 26 Dec 2013
Love this stuff. Not too greasy, keeps my hands soft and a lot cheaper than some of the brand hand creams. I gave some to my Mum who really suffers with dry skin and she loved it so much I have had to order more.

Trixie 6128 Natural Living Thordis Small Animal House 35  15  37 / 37 cm
Trixie 6128 Natural Living Thordis Small Animal House 35 15 37 / 37 cm
Price: 12.80

3.0 out of 5 stars It looks great but...., 26 Dec 2013
This look lovely and was a good price but, within three weeks, the little dowel rods holding the two ramps in place had fallen out. We now use it without the ramps and our Guinean pigs spend a lot of time either in it or on top of it. They certainly like it but it is disappointing that it is so poorly made.

Swiss spice Salt and Pepper Set
Swiss spice Salt and Pepper Set
Offered by BIKESTER
Price: 15.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Great to have in your picnic set or lunch bag, 26 Dec 2013
This is a lovely, well engineered little set that comes ready filled and works a treat. It's size make it very portable. I keep it in my cool bag ready for picnics but it would be great to have in a lunch bag to take to work too. It does seem rather expensive for what it is but it is really well designed and engineered.

National Trust Mini Pruning Set
National Trust Mini Pruning Set
Price: 15.72

5.0 out of 5 stars These are great....., 26 Dec 2013
Small, comfortable to use, sharp enough to get through most regular pruning and ideal for floristry. What more can I say? I am amazed that they are so cheap because they are a lovely little set and would make a great present for a gardener or flower arranger.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5