Profile for Cake girl > Reviews

Vegetarian
by Alice Hart
Price: 10.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous but rather daunting, 4 Mar 2012
This review is from: Vegetarian (Paperback)
After owing the book for several weeks, staring longingly the beautiful pictures and wishing I had the complex list of ingredients on the list or the time to make enough of the complimentary dishes, I finally made something. I made the pot sticker dumplings, little heavenly gyozas that wowed my friends and caused us to eat gluttonous quantities of them.

Following this success I cannot wait to tackle some of the delicious summer salads and will definitely be making my own yoghurt soon. Most importantly its made me fall back in love with vegetarian cookery and for that alone it is worth the cost.

Its also worth noting it has a great list of basic things like salsa verde and mayonnaise for those who have not tried making their own before and I really admire the make it from scratch because its easy and worth it attitude of the book

Lovely graphic, nicely photographed and professional friendly style of writing through ou.

Brilliant but I would recommend to the relatively competent cook who knows what they can substitute. I think if you were less experienced you may be daunted by some recipes.

Samsung ATADS10UBE
Samsung ATADS10UBE
Offered by emartbuyuk
Price: 1.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Problem solved, 18 Feb 2012
This review is from: Samsung ATADS10UBE (Electronics)
As my phone has some how become vital in most things I do I needed a new charger ASAP when mine broke. The charger arrived promptly and is perfect for my Samsung Monte Slider and at a really good price too.

The Hummingbird Bakery Cake Days
The Hummingbird Bakery Cake Days
by Tarek Malouf
Price: 13.60

4.0 out of 5 stars Great range of recipes, 1 Oct 2011
Having now owned this for over a month and given a few recipes a test run; apple streusel cake, rhubarb and almond loaf and the chocolate espresso loaf, I would recommend this book with some provisos . Firstly some of the recipes in this book look, even to the experienced baker, rather daunting and secondly some the recipes have so much sugar, cream cheese and cream that i will probably not be able to bring myself to make them! Having said that there are so many great recipes in here i wouldn't let that put you off - if you don't want over iced cakes there are loads of great loaf cakes and cookies to make instead and if you need to make that show stopping cake this book will be your best friend!

Nordic Bakery Cookbook
Nordic Bakery Cookbook
by Miisa Mink

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as hoped, 1 Oct 2011
This review is from: Nordic Bakery Cookbook (Hardcover)
This book does everything I hoped. Having come back from visiting Finland with my Finnish boyfriend I was determined to make some of the delicious things we've eaten. The soft cinnamon buns taste exactly like the best we had in Helsinki. The banana cake is beautifully spiced and despite being quite filling and rather large has been polished off in a matter of days. Based on what i've made so far i would wholly recommend this book