Profile for Greg Chapman > Reviews

First Eden (Repackaged) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Sir David Attenborough
Price: 6.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting, 28 Aug 2013
Anybody who is interested in both History and Nature will find this series a gem! it is an old production, but that doesn't make it any less interesting to me. Subtitles are very welcome. An extremely interesting narrative, on the Med in particular. Attenborough has habit of making things interesting, and he doesn't talk down to you.

Flying Monsters [DVD]
Flying Monsters [DVD]
Price: 9.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Very informative., 28 Aug 2013
This review is from: Flying Monsters [DVD] (DVD)
Again, this is another Attenborough gem. delivered in his usual style, and bringing things to life. This is also an extremely good DVD with photography, and well done to the production team for succeeding! I have also got "Lost World, Vanished Lives" and it is interesting watching the Flying Monsters DVD, and then putting the "Lost World, Vanished Lives" DVD on afterwards! Again, subtitles were very helpful.

National Geographic: Wild India [DVD]
National Geographic: Wild India [DVD]
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating insight on India, 28 Aug 2013
This again was superbly narrated by David Attenborough, and it wasn't just about tigers. To me, it is a balanced view of a country that we don't often hear about. except with Pakistan. I really would urge anyone who has an interest in nature to obtain this. David Attenborough has his own unique style- what more can I say? Subtitles were a welcome addition and very helpful!

Wild Arabia [DVD]
Wild Arabia [DVD]
Dvd ~ Alexander Siddig
Price: 8.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting, 28 Aug 2013
This review is from: Wild Arabia [DVD] (DVD)
Saw this series on TV, and purchased the DVD. Glad I did. It has subtitles (very helpful) and it is altogether a fascinating insight in the Arabian area as such. It shows you how the people work with the wildlife and integrate, it also talks about the industries, and it also shows the pastimes of Falconory and Camel Racing. It was also a bonus to actually see the rare Arabian Leopard. Arabia (the Arabian Oryx apart) is not a region where you would normally associate wildlife, so this DVD was a very pleasant surprise. More please!

Great Wildlife Moments Introduced by David Attenborough [DVD]
Great Wildlife Moments Introduced by David Attenborough [DVD]
Price: 6.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Interesting, 21 Aug 2013
David Attenborough brings things to life like no other naturalist can. Yes, I have got David Attenborough "The Life Collection" and a lot of the extracts from that are made into this DVD, but this does not bother me. I am not fussy about the quality of some of the filming, as I am old enough to remember black and white television (I am nearly 52) and anything in colour (to me) was an absolute bonus. I also know how difficult and expensive it is to film animals, and I think the BBC have done a superb job in putting the DVD together. Attenborough is an extremely competent naturalist! This alone makes it very interesting.

David Attenborough's First Life [DVD]
David Attenborough's First Life [DVD]
Price: 6.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Very informative and Interesting, 21 Aug 2013
Again, this DVD is a pleasure to watch, and is Attenborough at his best. Enjoyed the 60 minutes extra DVD as well as the 2 episodes of "First Life" Attenborough does not talk down to you, and respects the animals. Those two things for me, are what make good Nature Documentaries. The subtitles were extremely helpful, and this is a DVD I shall watch again and again! I'm only sorry it took me so long to write a review!

Nature's Great Events [DVD]
Nature's Great Events [DVD]
Price: 7.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Very Good, 21 Aug 2013
This review is from: Nature's Great Events [DVD] (DVD)
What can I say about this that hasn't already been written? Not a lot, except to say I endorse the comments of past reviews! I have got "Planet Earth DVD", and this is just as good. No, I haven't got a Blu Ray Player, but you don't need one anyway. An essential edition for anyone who likes Attenborough and who enjoys Nature Documentaries! Add this to your collection if you enjoy Attenborough and Nature!

Tiger - Spy in the Jungle [2008] [DVD]
Tiger - Spy in the Jungle [2008] [DVD]
Price: 12.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Very sensitive and informative documentary, 9 Aug 2013
This is excellent. Attenborough manages to follow the history of tiger cubs from birth to growing up, and adds his own contribution to the whole story. As tigers as a whole are extremely rare in the wild now, this is a very good reminder of the perils that wildlife face, and how man tends to disregard wildlife in his quest for modernisation. It is very rare for Tiger Cubs to reach adulthood, but Attenborough's DVD shows us it is possible.

Having said that, I am planning to add to this and obtain David Attenborough's "Wild India" DVD!

Had to obtain this a second time, as I foolishly accidently gave my first copy away! Everything I said above still holds with the second copy, which I received this morning. (10.2.14).

Wild South America: Andes to Amazon [DVD]
Wild South America: Andes to Amazon [DVD]
Price: 7.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Very informative and entertaining, 9 Aug 2013
Saw this on TV, and got the DVD. Wasn't disappointed- South America is a fascinating continent. Made me want to go and explore there. Very good photography. Different regions were interesting as well. Subtitles extremely helpful. Anyone interested in nature at all should add this to their collection!

Wild Down Under [DVD]
Wild Down Under [DVD]
Offered by Sent2u
Price: 5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very informative and entertaining, 9 Aug 2013
This review is from: Wild Down Under [DVD] (DVD)
For anyone who is not likely to be going to Oz in the near future, if one is interested in nature, this is the next best thing. it probably is the best thing, because the photography gets into inaccessible tourist areas. The range of wildlife is incredible, and this is very informative and entertaining!

I have marked it down a star because there are no subtitles. This is a shame as the Wild South America DVD has them, and I don't understand why Wild Down Under doesn't have them!

Having said that, the DVD certainly makes one want to visit Down Under!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15