Profile for RK0909 > Reviews

Freedom... Is More Than Just a Seven-Letter Word
Freedom... Is More Than Just a Seven-Letter Word
by Veronica Chapman

5.0 out of 5 stars An eye opener, 16 Mar. 2011
We all know something is wrong in this world, we cannot pinpoint what. Some (like me) have been blissfully ignorant for most of our lives. Like drones, we obey the rules laid before us. What this book gave me was insight - the ability to recognise the power I had by way of my own consent. Consent is a powerful tool which we readily give away and sometimes without realising. I considered myself a law-abiding 'person' and realised how naive I had been. Although I dont agree with everything in the book i.e. religion, I cannot deny the facts laid before me.

I wont bother going into the contents as this has been done in other reviews, but I can tell you briefly what difference this has made to my life so far and it is significant. It's helped me to challenge, with success, the unjustified demands that are made of me by statutes I did not consent to. We've all done it - Let's consider for a moment a good example we can all relate to - the EU membership - did you consent to be governed by the EU? We didnt get a referendum, yet the EU tell us how to live, eat, shop, play every day. Who gave them this authority?

Without our consent, the government is powerless. They need our obedience and they want our money to keep us in our place. The issue now is that they have taken their greed too far and people are waking up. The government has become a beast, sucking us dry and leaving us with barely enough money to function on - whilst squandering the public funds on themselves, the EU, wars, foreign aid and fake charities. The solution becomes obvious yet infuriating that we are treated with such contempt.

Wake up people. Start with this book if you can. Every person who understands can make a difference. There are 60 million of us and we out number them massively. If we got off our knees and were more protective of our consent, life would improve for all of us and our children. Do it...

The Climb
The Climb

1.0 out of 5 stars No thanks to Hannah Montana for xmas?, 19 Dec. 2009
This review is from: The Climb (MP3 Download)
I never voted Joe on the x factor because I found him a complete bore. Unfortunately for him, so is this song. It sends me to sleep. I've never managed to hear it all the way through without losing interest. Simon Cowell should put his x-factor show some time in the summer and leave xmas number one to the REAL musicians (whatever is left of them)

Swedx Beech Wood USB Mouse
Swedx Beech Wood USB Mouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute mouse that looks stunning on the desktop, 8 Dec. 2009
This mouse exceeded my expectations as I didnt realise it was solid wood. Bought the beech keyboard too which matches perfectly. Overall I am very pleased with it and there were no delivery issues either.

Saw V [DVD]
Saw V [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tobin Bell
Offered by DVDBayFBA

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 23 Mar. 2009
This review is from: Saw V [DVD] (DVD)
Might be a tad biased because I am a saw movie fan, however, unlike 4, this one does not dissapoint. Remaining true to the jigsaw concept, the ending is most unexpected and took me by surprise. Brilliantly done and a good addition to my dvd collection. If you liked Saw 1, you should like this.

Hancock [DVD] [2008]
Hancock [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Will Smith
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, but not the best storyline, 11 Mar. 2009
This review is from: Hancock [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
Overall, the film is quite entertaining. Will Smith is excellent but the story is let down by the ending. Without giving away too much, the overall concept is very good, but spoiled by the reasons for that concept in the ending.

Swedx XV1-40DTV-SP - 40" Widescreen Sapele Wood HD Ready LCD TV- With Freeview
Swedx XV1-40DTV-SP - 40" Widescreen Sapele Wood HD Ready LCD TV- With Freeview

5.0 out of 5 stars If you're gonna buy one, make sure its from a UK reseller, 5 Mar. 2009
The TV is great, but not free of problems. Having read Mr Paterson's review, I would never buy a TV from Sweden to be used in the UK. I contacted Swedx about buying a TV and none of them come with Freeview, huh? Not a great competitive advantage for a relatively unknown brand.

But....Any Swedx bought in the UK comes with Freeview!
Why?...They are assembled by Atec in Berkshire and they at least take ownership and sort the problem out.

One of things I adore about Swedx is the wood concept so it baffles me to see them launch some camoo range consisting of ghastly colours that even Pioneer would throw up at. I know the recession is dreary, but I dont think bright yellow coloured TVs are gonna help!

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I spoke to Atec who were very professional and take a no-nonsense approach in telling me what's what. All TVs in the UK are currently through them and assembled in their warehouse. All of them come with freeview. So if you want one, get it from the UK to protect your investment. Also, they are not making anymore so after the UK models sell out, if you want one, you'll have to take your chances dealing directly with Sweden and this is without the freeview.

I have purchased my model through Amazon and happy with it.

Crayola Portable CD Boombox Activity Centre - CD player, Radio and art set (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good!, 4 Mar. 2009
I did not expect this to be a real CD player as good as mainstream brands made just for kids! Very cool and my son loves playing with it. Be careful though, all of your CDs will end up in their collection! Great product!!

SWEDX XV119TVWSAPELE 19" HD Ready Digital LCD TV
SWEDX XV119TVWSAPELE 19" HD Ready Digital LCD TV

5.0 out of 5 stars A cute little telly that looks the part, 4 Mar. 2009
I love this telly! I have a beech one too and they look stunning. The teletext isn't perfect, but for the price I let it go.

Wanted [DVD]
Wanted [DVD]
Dvd ~ Angelina Jolie
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

4.0 out of 5 stars I thought it was actually quite good!, 4 Mar. 2009
This review is from: Wanted [DVD] (DVD)
If you like an action movie that's not overly complicated, then worth a watch. It has a storyline and plenty of action. Ofcourse its not believable, but neither is Superman!

Crayola AM/FM Alarm Clock Radio with Night Light
Crayola AM/FM Alarm Clock Radio with Night Light

5.0 out of 5 stars Has a lot features, just need to read the instructions!, 15 Jan. 2009
Having looked a couple of reviews, I had to comment. The clocks display is bright and can be turned off. The record your own message is a great fun idea and gets my daughter up. For the price, the number of features available is great value for money (more than you get with standard digital clocks) Cant see what the problem is. A good buy and great price!

Page: 1 | 2