Profile for Chris Dunford > Reviews

Content by Chris Dunford

Chris Dunford (Dorset United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Ahead AACAJC Neoprene Cajon Padded Fleece Seat with Non-Skid Back
Ahead AACAJC Neoprene Cajon Padded Fleece Seat with Non-Skid Back

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable cajon cushion, 1 Jun. 2016
Playing the cajon is a much more comfortable experience with this cushion so I'm glad I bought it. It is well padded and doesn't move about when I'm sitting on it. The only problem is that it is slightly too big and overhangs about a cm on all sides so I have to move it back when playing.

Anker PowerCore 13000 Portable Charger - Compact 13000mAh 2-Port Ultra Portable Phone Charger Power Bank with PowerIQ and VoltageBoost Technology for iPhone, iPad, Samsung Galaxy

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful phone/pad charger, 29 April 2016
This has been a great purchase, especially for journeys. I can recharge my phone and my pad when out and about. It just about fits into my handbag and recharges over night. Definitely recommended. It comes in a net pouch which I find useful to keep the recharger and leads together.

RayGar Heavy Duty Orchestral Sheet Music Stand Holder With Tripod Base - With Height & Angle Adjustment - New
Offered by imustbuy

2.0 out of 5 stars Faulty item, 29 April 2016
I ordered this music stand, dispite the fact that the photo didn't show much detail. When it arrived I thought the packaging was not very secure; just a cardboard box, which was not even taped up, in a plastic outer wrapper. The table part had a small dent and a scratch but I would have lived with this if everything else was ok, unfortunately it wasn't. The part that attached the table to the tripod seemed poorly designed and didn't fit very well, in fact one of the screws wouldn't do up at all so it was unuseable and had to be returned. The returns procedure was easy enough and I received a full refund.

The Complete Chronicles of Barsetshire (The Warden + Barchester Towers + Doctor Thorne + Framley Parsonage + The Small House at Allington + The Last Chronicle of Barset)

3.0 out of 5 stars Small errors, 29 April 2016
I have only read Dr Thorne which was fine except there were several wrong words which made it difficult to understand some sentences. These were just little things like 'were' for 'her' but it did somewhat spoil the reading experience.

Hohner F-C Ocean Melodica
Hohner F-C Ocean Melodica

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun instrument, 18 Aug. 2015
I purchased the Hohner F-C Ocean Melodica as a present for my son. He and his friends have been having a lot of fun with it so I'm happy. The fact that it has two mouthpieces is good. The long tube means that the keyboard can be played on a horizontal surface. This is good for practicing before playing hand-held.

Apple iPhone 5C Gorilla Tech Horizontal Belt Case / Pouch / Holster with Twin Belt Loop and Clip and Strong Magnetic Closure for Apple iPhone 5C (Black)
Offered by GorillaTech

5.0 out of 5 stars Secure Belt Case, 18 Aug. 2015
I bought the Gorilla Tech Horizontal Belt Case for my husband and he is very happy with it. The magnetic catch is secure - even when he put it on upside down! It seems well made, although he hasn't had it long enough to say how durable it might be. Recommended.

An update to my above review - after only a couple of weeks use one of the belt loops has broken. This is not made of proper leather which has some integral strength but a sort of reconstituted leather which pulls apart under stress. Very dissapointed.

Puma Unisex - Adult Fieldsprint Low Top Blue Blau (dark denim-white 04) Size: 40

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice trainer, but small for size, 22 Mar. 2014
When these trainers arrived I was pleased with their apperance and quality. They looked well made and felt light, which I like; some trainers are very heavy. Sadly, although they were unisex, which I though would mean they would be a slightly wider fit, they were much too narrow and at least one size too small even though I ordered my usual size. I have now returned them.

How To Play Harmonica; Beginner's Instructions For Breathing, Rhythm, Keys, Positions, and More

2.0 out of 5 stars Not o good place to start, 22 Jan. 2014
As a beginner harmonica player I didn't find this book much help at all. It is very short so doesn't go into much detail and the information included is not very clearly explained.

Round the Houses
Round the Houses

5.0 out of 5 stars Great EP, 1 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Round the Houses (MP3 Download)
I saw a video of Broom Bezzums performing the title track and liked it, so on a whim bought the EP. I'm glad I did,

Tiger Orchestral Music Stand Bag - Heavy Duty Carry Case
Tiger Orchestral Music Stand Bag - Heavy Duty Carry Case

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy bag, 22 Jun. 2013
I bought a Tiger music stand so also bought the bag. The bag is strong and large enough to take the stand, my music and many other things besides. I have read other reviews saying a shoulder strap would be useful; but I find the handles large enough to fit over my shoulder. There is an internal pocket to take the legs of the stand, but I think this could have been better designed as it is awkward to fit the top in around it. Apart from this one small niggle I am very happy with this purchase and the service received from the seller.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3