Profile for VeryBerryCupcake > Reviews

Content by VeryBerryCupcake

Wartner Wart and Verruca Removal Pen - 1.5 ml
Wartner Wart and Verruca Removal Pen - 1.5 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Wait, this thing actually works?!!, 17 Feb. 2015
I have never been more surprised at a product actually doing what it promises to do. Admittedly even with all of the glowing reviews and not too expensive price, I was rather sceptical. I mean, how can something that isn't designed to put you in pain actually get rid of something so stubborn? Alas, I was wrong. And I've never been more happy about it!

A little background:

I originally developed one fairly big verruca on the bottom of my left foot when I was about 16. Stupidly, I did nothing about it and thought 'hey, it'll go away by itself'. Time went on and I started to find more verrucas. Only now it had spread to my right foot too and I was beginning to see a large cluster of them. The whole ball of my right foot was taken over by this cluster of evilness.

By my early 20's I now had a growing collection of them and as I saw smaller pinpoint sized ones start to appear, I knew the problem wasn't going away. Not to mention the act that it was embarrassing. I would always wear socks in other people's company and when I couldn't (after a shower, swimming etc) I would try my best to hide the bottom of my feet. Even when I went on holiday and I was sunbathing, I kept my shoes on because I was too embarrassed by the thought of anyone seeing.

Using the product:

I ended up buying two pens in the end, but may have rushed the use of them. The instructions say to use the pen twice a day for so long and then have a break. This is to give the skin around the verruca chance to come off. (Sounds painful but it isn't, I swear!) Some of them fell of naturally and some I did have to give a helping hand. By the end however, I did need to leave a little longer between sets of applications, as it was taking longer for the skin to peel off.

At the end of the first pen, I could see the skin was starting to heal over the verruca, but it looked like the pesky beggars were still there. So I bought another pen. I used this one for a while and waited for the skin to come off as usual. It looked like not much was happening and so I gave up. A few weeks later however, I just happened to glance at the bottom of my foot and was shocked! The two big clusters had completely disappeared!

It is now a month later and BOTH feet are verruca free! They finally look how they did before any verruca appeared. No scarring, no nothing. Just happy looking feet. I can once again get my feet out in public and not worry about keeping the bottoms covered. Definitely worth the £20 spent for only a little amount of effort and virtually no pain.

So if you're reading these reviews then just give it a try. You'll never know if it works if you don't. If the price puts you off, well just think about how happy you will be to finally be rid of those warts/verrucas. Just remember, the key to using this is to be PATIENT. Don't do what I did and give up for thinking it's not doing anything. I wish I'd taken a before picture to prove how well this has worked for me, because this truly is amazing!!

Sekonda Women's Quartz Watch with Black Dial Chronograph Display and Black Silicone Strap 4516.71
Offered by House of Watches

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It, 8 Oct. 2014
My last watch was from the Sekonda Party time collection, which I loved and lasted me a good 3 years or so before the strap broke. At the time I'd been in love with chronograph watches, but didn't want to spend a huge amount on just a watch.

This chronograph watch from Sekonda was a perfect choice to replace my old one. Simple, yet pretty design with all of the little stones both on and around the face. Now normally I'd worry about the stones falling out, but my last sekonda watch had lots of little stones around the face too, and not a single one fell out. So here's hoping this one will be the same.

It was a little difficult truing to figure out how to set the date and day, as both use the same adjuster as you would for changing the time, but is pulled out to different points for each one. However, the watch does come with a little booklet explaining how you go about doing this.

Overall this watch was exactly what I was looking for and I'm very pleased with it. Looks nice weather I'm dressed casually or dressed up. And a decent chronograph watch for the price!

Offered by Fashion Thirsty

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect 'go-to' boots., 8 Oct. 2014
At just £16 for a pair of boots, you can't go wrong with these. At that price you would probably wouldn't expect much from them, so you'd be surprised at what a bargain they are.

These were exactly what I was looking for. Well made and stylish. They look great with almost any outfit, whether that be jeans, shorts or a skirt. And my new favourite way to wear them is with a skater dress. And comfy to wear too!

The zip on the inside is especially handy, as it means you don't have to undo and redo the laces every time you take them off/put them on. The pattern on the sole, also means these boots give good grip in wet weather conditions.

Overall, if you're looking for a comfy, stylish and inexpensive pair of classic military style boots, then these are for you.

Hamlyn Quickcook: Gluten-Free Meals (Hamlyn Quick Cooks)
Hamlyn Quickcook: Gluten-Free Meals (Hamlyn Quick Cooks)
by Hamlyn Imprint

5.0 out of 5 stars THE cookbook for culinary novices to experts alike, 3 May 2014
Making the change to a gluten-free diet can be a particularly difficult task. It leaves everyone asking the same question: 'What CAN I eat?!' This cookbook not only gives you a whole range meals to suit various tastes but also gives you the same dish recipe, but modified according to time limit.

It does this for EVERY recipe in the book, allowing you to pick and choose which time version would suit you and your lifestyle. Because of this, it takes out the effort of yoy having to work out how to make the recipe simpler and quicker. It's all there for you. It even has all of the dishes listed at the beginning of the book, and how long each one takes, so you don't even need to look through the whole book first!

It even contains a few pages at the front of the book with advice and a bit of information on gluten-free diets, and what you can gluten-free alternatives you can buy that might not necessarily state 'gluten-free'. Plus, how to go about a gluten-free diet when you're just starting out.

I'm a lover of sweet treats with gluten in, so it's nice to see that plenty of cakes and bakes have been included to show that you don't have to miss out, just because you're cutting out the gluten.

Every recipe is easy to follow and the majority of which do not contain fancy ingredients that would be difficult to get hold of. Even as a student, I found most of the recipes were made up of basic ingredients that you would expect to find in any kitchen. One or two ingredients you would probably have to buy (a particular herb or spice, gluten-free flour etc.) But apart from that, everything is what you would probably buy already, and if not, is relatively cheap and can be used again in a number of other recipes. In other words, unless you rely on a lot of ready-mades foods, then you shouldn't find a large proportion of the recipes asking for a number of ingredients you don't have or would buy. Even then, the same recipe has 3 options so you could just go for the 10 minute one to cut down on the ingredients needed.

Overall this is a great book for anyone looking to go gluten-free without all of the confusion. With so many recipes and variations for each, there's really no excuse to not have time to create plenty of quick and easy meals that contain no gluten whatsoever.

I often find that most cookbooks don't contain a lot of recipes that I feel I could actually use. Either for all of the ingredients I'd need to buy, or uses kitchen tools that very few students would actually have. This one however is brilliant. After looking through I managed to find at least 30 that I actually want to try out, and I feel like I could manage quite easily without breaking the bank. AND being better for me at the same time. Who says gluten-free has to be expensive and complicated?

Anna Smith Designer Ladies Butterfly Print Oil Print Purse/Wallet/Clutch (Light Blue)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy I bought this!, 27 Jan. 2014
I was desperately in need of a new purse and wanted one big enough to fit notes in without having to fold them up first! My main reason for buying this one in particular, is that I love anything with butterflies on it.

Although the description describes this as 'light blue' in colour, I'd say it's more of a very pale green, with the card slots compartment being light blue. This wasn't a problem because it still looks very pretty and girly. The card slot compartment is separate from the one for money, and has 12 card sized pockets, and 3 larger pockets for anything else, as well as an ID window on one of the card pockets. This compartment is opened by a button fastening, whereas the money compartment uses a zip.

The inside of the money compartment is fuschia pink in colour and is decorated with 'Anna Smith' along with pictures of keys, padlocks and chains. Again very pretty and girly. There is a middle zip pocket for any coins - and I could imagine would hold quite a good amount. Either side of this middle pocket is room to easily hold several notes each, without having to fold them, and easily accessible when needed.

Overall I am very impressed with the design and quality of the purse. Especially considering how reasonable the price is! I've not had the purse that long but can tell it's likely to last a while. I've also received a few compliments on how nice it is.

Q and A a Day: 5-Year Journal
Q and A a Day: 5-Year Journal
by Potter Style

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for people who want to start a diary but stuck for what to write, 14 Jan. 2013
I really wanted to start writing a diary, not so much to document my life, but just for something to look back on in years to come. I'm no good at the traditional method of keeping a diary because 1) I never know what to write that isn't the same mundanestuff. 2) I usually always give up within the first week or so.

This 5 year journal is perfect for people like me. It gives you numbered pages but with 5 blank year dates so you can start at any time of the year (just simply turn to that day) and even if you stop and then start again later down the line, it doesn't matter, it'd just mean you might not have the same years written all throughout the journal. For example I started it half way through 2011, stopped after a month or so and then started again 1st January 2013. I did read through some of the answers I'd written 2 years ago, and it was interesting to see how things have changed since then, and also to have a nice reminder of some joyful memories I had forgotten about.

People might not think that they can change within the space of a few short years, but the answers you will write in this journal for each day for 5 years, is proof that you can! It's also a nice way of jotting down some special things you don't want to forget.

Some example questions include:

What is your mission?
What is the last TV show you watced?
Jot down a news story from today.
How much spare change do you have?
What was your favourite day this week?
What's your hairstyle?
Today you wore _____
Where do you think you road is going?
Bad news: sugar coated or straight up?
Who is the last person in your missed calls?
Halloween plans? What's your costume?
What time did you go to bed last night?
Did you meet someone new recently? If so, who was it?
Yes or no: everyone should have a back-up plan.

This journal is a great way of getting to know you, and how you've changed over the years. It asks both insightful and random questions, so every aspect is covered. It also makes a nice memoir of yourself to read in later years or to give to your children etc.

My only problem is that I cant wait to answer the question for the next day!

8GB MP3/MP4 Player (4th Gen) with FM Radio (Colours May Vary)
8GB MP3/MP4 Player (4th Gen) with FM Radio (Colours May Vary)
Offered by L.D Generation

4.0 out of 5 stars Really does LOOK like an iPod...from the outside., 14 Jan. 2013
I wanted a new iPod but didn't want to pay the price tag that comes with it. This little music player makes a great alternative to the more recent generations of the nano. Overall I'm glad the bad reviews didn't sway me, because for the price, it is pretty decent in my opinion. It's a shame Amazon doesn't let you choose a colour, but luckily there weren't many in the selection that I didn't like (mainly yellow), so I was quite content with the lime green colour I received.

I was quite surprised by the contents of the box too. I don't know what I was expecting, but I was glad to see that it came with not only an iPod style usb cable, but also a mains plug to attach the usb cable to for mains charging. Headphones are obviously included too, but I doubt many would choose to use them.

I did find the mp3 screens a little confusing to navigate at first, but once I'd had a play around with it, I soon got the hang of it. There is an instruction manual in the box, but they seem to be for a completely different player than the one I received. I also had trouble transferring all of my music from my iTunes to Windows Media Player for syncing... (Drag and drop just wouldn't work for some reason) but once I'd found the iTunes library folder in my windows music library, adding all my music to the player became no problem. Plus, doing it this way had automatically organised it all by artist and then album. - Something I loved about having an iPod, fortunately I don't need to miss that!

There is an option to set it to play at random/shuffle etc. However some may be disappointed by not being able to have the slide option on the wheel, it is all operated by pressing the fastforward/rewind button to scroll up/down. Also, the play mode screen is very much like an mp3 style play screen, however the main menu itself is similar to the iPod menu.

Despite this, I am generally happy with the product. I wasn't expecting much of it and I've only had it a day, but so far I am pleased with it. The sound quality is good, transferring music onto the device was fairly simple (in the end), and is organised into artist - album folders for easier music searching.

My only gripe with the product is that I don't think Amazon actually send the same product every time. I don't know why but people seem to have written different things that either my device, does or doesn't have... Either way, I do recommend.

BlackBerry Curve 3G 9300 Sim Free Smartphone
BlackBerry Curve 3G 9300 Sim Free Smartphone

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for first smart phone, 10 April 2012
I had been debating getting a Blackberry after I was beginning to get bored of my well-served 3 year old Samsung Genio. I'm not a huge fan of the touchscreen keyboards like that of the iphone, and still wanted the qwerty keyboard my Samsung had. Going from a phone like that with a very bad web layout and no cool apps to download and personalise my phone with, you can see why a Blackberry became a very attractive option. Plus there was a lot of hype at the time surrounding Blackberry with it's various apps and the well-known and popular BBM.

After much consideration I went with this one on an 24 month contract from O2. I must say I was very pleased with it and fell in love with it instantly. Connecting to the internet is simple and I've almost always had 3G available with a full bar signal making searching the internet and loading of web pages sufficiently quick. However for most pages you do have to press the trackpad to zoom in to be able to read text clearly. The same trackpad is also used for scrolling on the page and in the home screen for getting to the folder you want to open. Although this is also very easy to use, as is the qwerty keyboard that after a few days of getting used to the layout and small buttons will soon have you rapidly typing like a pro. I like the design of the keyboard in that the buttons aren't squashed together that make typos more likely. However the raised buttons do have a loud clicking sound that may be irritable to others when you're quickly typing away on a long text. On the plus side, you can opt to have the keyboard light up which can prove to be very helpful in the dark!

Downloading the apps you want from the App World is also fairly easy and apps usually only take a few minutes to download. You can also customize the homepage by moving apps and folders around to where you want them, or deleting downloads you no longer want by simply pressing the menu button and scrolling down to 'delete'. Yes some of the apps available are pretty cool however an annoying flaw I've come to realise over the past few months is that because a lot of people I know now have iphones, everytime I hear or see of an app or game I really want, I search in the App World to then be disappointed that Blackberry just doesn't have as many apps as iphones and androids do. On the plus side the phone does automatically receive notifications of any upgrades that are available for any apps you already have.

One feature I do really like about Blackberry phones is that the LED indicator flashes whenever you receive a text, email phone call or notification (e.g facebook). The colour that flashes can also be customised by downloading the app for it so you can set a specific colour to certain people, and know instantly who is calling/text you just from the colour of the flash.

Also for those who like to be in the know with any facebook messages, status comments etc. you can change the notification settings to send such alerts to your phone as soon as you get them. However this can prove to be slightly annoying when it comes to group messages you can't delete yourself from or comments on events etc.

The audio quality for phone calls is good with the option of increasing or decreasing the volume using the volume buttons located on the side of the phone. The use of the speakerphone is also rather sufficient for times when you're too busy to talk with the phone against your ear.

One major let-down that a lot of people have stated is how lacking in quality the camera is. At just 2 mp even taking a photo indoors and in natural daylight can produce very noisy pictures. Also forget about attempting to take one at night, the lack of a flash was quite a downside for me personally as at night is when I do seem to take the most pictures, if I do take any. However sending photos you have taken is very easy to do whether it's in MMS form, uploading to Facebook, or sending to a contact on BBM.

Another feature I like that you can probably do with most Blackberry phones is you can set each of the sound profiles (e.g. loud, normal, silent) to how you want it and using the ringtone you assign to it. Although when in situations where you may prefer to have your phone switched off, this isn't really possible as pressing the 'off' button just puts the phone to sleep for a while and pressing any key will 'wake' it up again. The only real way of switching it off completely is to take the battery out. This of course could prove to be quite an inconvenience.

Overall, although on one side I could argue that the 9300 is the best phone I've ever had, at the same time it is also the worst. Like with every phone I've had in the past I have dropped it too many times to count and it has survived each fall rather well without inducing any scratches or cracks to the screen. However unlike past phones which I've had for at least a couple of years before they began to shows signs of becoming old, this one I've had for less than a year and already it's having problems. My biggest problem being that one of the letters on my keyboard no longer works as it should. It either misses the letter out completely or types 3 at once. Also the other week it often froze even when performing simple tasks, then only got worse as the day went on eventually only allowing about 5 seconds in between freezing and unfreezing to let me do anything. In the end I resulted in taking out the battery to restart it. Not sure if it'll even last for the year I have left on my contract...

Anyway, as an nice and easy introduction to the world of smart phones, the Blackberry 9300 is certainly a good option. However comparing my current phone to the durability of previously owned phones, and to the rivalry of the growing number of android phones, which appear to offer much better functionality, I don't think I'll be sticking with Blackberry.

The Art of Tarot - Box Set -INC  78 Tarot cards +64 page Booklet
The Art of Tarot - Box Set -INC 78 Tarot cards +64 page Booklet
by Liz Dean

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but probably not the best for beginners., 16 Mar. 2012
I had become interested in Tarot and wanted a deck of cards so I could learn to do readings for myself. Obviously looking for a set that would be simple and easy to understand. At the time I wanted a tarot deck where I to be able to carry out a reading and look to the guide, as almost like a bible, for the exact interpretation written in the book. The book contains the upright and reversed meanings for each of the cards in the Tarot. Although these descriptions are good for giving a basic interpretation, I was hoping for slightly more descriptive in-depth meanings. On the plus side, the book does show different ways of doing a reading and describes when you might use them.
Unless you're not really that interested in learning to read the Tarot, or if it's for someone young or just want a deck more for the odd-occasional use, then this Tarot set is a good option. The major arcana cards are beautifully illustrated with bright, bold colours and more 'friendly' illustrations on some of the more daunting cards than most decks. Hence why it would be a good choice for younger people. For example, the death card in this deck shows instead, a woman standing next to a blossoming tree and behind her, one that has withered away. Personally, I think it's also a nice reminder, and an easy-to-understand symbolic image of the card's true meaning.
My biggest problem with this deck is that none of the minor arcana cards are pictured, which therefore makes it hard to interpret them and unless you have a good memory, means you then need to look up the meaning in the book. This I've found tends to get a bit annoying after a while.
Also the cards are quite big to handle, and if you have small hands, attempting to shuffle 78 of them isn't easy!
I think when I originally bought these I was hoping I would be able to read the interpretations and then memorise them... didn't work. I've now come to realise I would have preferred to interpret the cards myself and only looking to the book when needed. Had I realised this before I probably would have gone with the Rider-Waite deck which does contain picture illustrations for each card and therefore probably a better choice for beginners who want to get stuck in with their own interpretations, and just using the book for extra guidance.

Pretty Kitty Fashion Cherry Rockabilly 50s Pin-Up Prom Swing Dress
Pretty Kitty Fashion Cherry Rockabilly 50s Pin-Up Prom Swing Dress
Offered by Pretty Kitty Fashion
Price: £27.95 - £29.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Cherry print 50's dress, 5 Mar. 2012
I bought this dress in black as a last minute costume for a 50's themed party. I was a bit worried that the sizing might not be right or something, but when it arrived it fit perfectly, and looked great with a petticoat worn underneath. A very beautiful dress, I love it! It's a shame I can't wear it everyday!