Profile for Nathan Stephens > Reviews

Content by Nathan Stephens

Nathan Stephens

Page: 1 | 2
Coodio® Universal 13.3 inch Laptop Sleeve Bag Case Pouch + Accessory Bag for Apple Macbook Air 13, Macbook Pro Retina 13 (Fit all 13.3 inch ultrabook laptop) - Colour Gray
Offered by miaomiaofay

2.0 out of 5 stars Crap, 6 Jun 2014
This just shouts cheap crap as soon as you look at it.
It's going back.
£13 is still £13 and it's going towards a more expensive, nicer case for my Macbook Air.

Centrum Advance Tablets - Pack of 100
Centrum Advance Tablets - Pack of 100

5.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive, 31 May 2014
3 months supply for less than you'd pay in Co-op or Boots for a 30 day supply? Fantastic.
Hulk Hogan would be proud.

Sony DJ Style Over-Ear Headphones - White
Sony DJ Style Over-Ear Headphones - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than Beats, 31 May 2014
These look so much better than Beats. They sound better and they don't stick out making you look like Princess Leia.
More of a 'hugged in' design.
Love them.

[5 years warranty]EasyAcc® Superspeed USB 3.0 7 Port Hub Bus-Powered and Self-Powered 2-in-1 Hub with 3.3 ft USB 3.0 Cable for Mac,iMac,MacBook Pro Air,Ultrabooks,Microsoft Surface RT,Laptops,Raspberry Pi,and any PC,Black
Offered by EasyAcc.U Store

3.0 out of 5 stars You will need to power this., 31 May 2014
If you need to plug in more than 2 flash drives into this (the 7 port unit), you will need to use the second 5v cable supplied with it.
I have 2 flash drives and a graphics tablet plugged into it. The light on the tablet started flashing (never saw it do that before), and then just stopped working.
I was about to send this item back, but after using the secondary power source, it seems to be alright.
I think it was my error in judgement thinking 7 usb peripherals could be powered from one usb3 source.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 3, 2014 11:04 AM BST

1ST Dark Coffee Vintage HANDMADE Leather Men's Briefcase Backpack Messenger Laptop Bag Handbag,M43 (Coffee)
Offered by Spring & Leader

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this manbag, 24 Jan 2014
You really can't fault anything about this bag. For under £80, it's a bargain.

If you're seriously self-concious, I would source another 'manlier' model as I've been at the forefront of the "manbag" jibes from colleagues and the mouthy girl at my local, but I don't mind at all, I just politely remind them that "IT'S A SATCHEL...OR AT LEAST I WEAR IT LIKE ONE!"

Seriously though, it's lovely and it fits all of my technophile gear in perfectly without it seemingly looking like it's holding gloriously over-priced Apple products.

Authentic RDX Fight ME Fleece Pants Trousers UFC MMA Tracksuite Gym Bottoms Jogging Joggers Shorts K1
Offered by B2Fitness
Price: £27.30 - £34.36

3.0 out of 5 stars Wearing away already., 14 April 2013
These are the best joggers I've ever owned. I go to the gym religiously, so I needed something that would be comfortable, hard wearing and stylish. These fit the bill perfectly. They are rather long, though, so I do find myself tucking them into my trainer heels.
The only other minor issue is the fluff. I mistakenly washed these with a load of washing and everything came out covered in a LOT of fluff. The fluff came off them (from the inside) for days, and I've just given them a second wash to see if that's improved...it did, slightly.
But they are well worth the money.

*Update 16/05/2013: Starting to wear away in some parts, even though they're not excessively used. Not very happy about that after only a few weeks. It's changed my mind completely about purchasing these again.

*Update 04/06/2013: I received a phone call from RDX customer care informing me that they would reimburse me 50% of my money if I removed my negative review from this product. Not only did I find this offensive, considering as far as British law is concerned with inferior products, I am within my rights to get a full refund, the guy on the other end of the phone (Indian accent - surprise!)tried to make out that it was my fault because I hadn't informed them that the product was defective. He then said that if I were to remove the negative review they would send me another pair of these inferior quality jogging pants. When I told him that I didn't want them, he apparently went to talk to his manager. He then offered to call me back the next day to resolve the issue. This was almost 4 days ago.
This is an utter insult to myself and other users of RDX products. I have just removed 5 RDX products from my wish list, as I'll be buying other brands next pay day. Well done RDX, you've just made your company one of the most unprofessional I have ever dealt with. Goodbye.

BLACK 3 CM THICK MDF Moulding WOODEN Effect Frame for MAXI Poster 61x91.5CM 24x36 IN NEW
Offered by GB Posters

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth £20, 4 Mar 2013
The particleboard backing was broken on the corner. The actual design of the product was completely different to that on Amazon - the design I got looked a hell of a lot cheaper. The 'veneer' tape stuff they used to cover the particleboard frame was peeling off from day one and the actual frame itself wouldn't last a fall of 30cm, let alone an actual falling from the wall.
Oh, and the hook thing at the back was glued on in the wrong place, just off-center, so I've had to use another nail to discreetly stop it from hanging awkwardly.

In other words, spending £20 on this is probably the biggest letdown in all of my years using Amazon.

Razer Sphex Gaming Mouse Mat - Hard Surface
Razer Sphex Gaming Mouse Mat - Hard Surface

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product but way over priced., 10 Jan 2013
It's good for what it is. But if you were to ask me whether I'd recommend it to someone for anything more than £3-4, I'd say definitely not.

Papermate 4 colour ball point pen multi color ballpen Medium nib
Papermate 4 colour ball point pen multi color ballpen Medium nib
Offered by Shopping Bazar

2.0 out of 5 stars Just get the original Bic one instead!, 19 Jun 2012
Papermate is a well-known brand, so I expected better. I have to scribble to get each colour working every time and not just a minor scribble, I have to scribble hard and for longer than I should which only shows the cheap construction. I have the original Bic one, still, but decided to try out another brand and the Bic is better by a mile.

The other review of 5 stars should be disregarded as it's just about the delivery of the item and not the quality.

Quantitative Methods: for Business, Management and Finance
Quantitative Methods: for Business, Management and Finance
by Louise Swift

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent reading and explanations, 6 Sep 2011
I purchased this book from another source, second hand, and have found it invaluable. The book is very balanced for the reader because it starts with the basics and then leads onto other, more advanced maths later on in the book. There are 6 different sections that concentrate on different areas of maths, from the essential knowledge, all the way to actual business modelling.
As a mature-ish student, going back to University in my late 20s, I found the beginning of the book very easy to digest as it brought back what I had learnt previously and then made everything else make sense to me.

It's really not that difficult of a subject and this book will show you that you're capable of easily completing it.

Whatever is on your reading list regarding QM, buy this book because you won't be disappointed. Well worth the money.

Page: 1 | 2