Profile for Michaela Bowen > Reviews

Content by Michaela Bowen

Michaela Bowen "Inlakesh" (London)

Encore Cat Pouch Tuna and Whitebait 70 g (Pack of 16)
Encore Cat Pouch Tuna and Whitebait 70 g (Pack of 16)

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed as quality has decreased in last batches, 10 Jan 2014
My one female cat will only eat this food. I have had a subscription to buy this food on Amazon for the past couple of years. Prior to that I had to buy it from Sainsbury's. The quality until now has always been incredible.
In the last 3 boxes that I have had delivered there is a LOT more water in the pouches and much less fish. The pouch used to be absolutely packed. Now it is loose and full of moisture. My cat used to have half in the morning and half in the evening and then dry food. Now I really need to give her a pouch in the morning and again the evening to give her the same quantity.

This appears to be the classic "lessen the quality/quantity but still charge the same"?
I'm hugely disappointed and will take this further.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 13, 2014 10:04 PM BST

What I Wish I Had Known Before Adopting: Preparing for Adoption and Dispelling Adoption Myths

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was expecting at all-disappointing, 11 Sep 2013
I do think this gives a very negative slant on adoption solely based on the writer's experience. Read with a healthy dose of circumspection and understand that this is one person's view and this is US adoption system. I may be wrong but I get the sense that the writer is looking for reasons or vindication rather than accepting a portion of the responsibility. I'm not an atheist but I do not think that the Christian bits added at the end are not helpful when looking for practical advice on adoption. Kindle version not expensive but this was a bit of a waste of money in my opinion.

UPHOLSTERY NAIL FURNITURE STUD TACK 24MM X 20MM BLACK ( pack of 25 )
UPHOLSTERY NAIL FURNITURE STUD TACK 24MM X 20MM BLACK ( pack of 25 )
Offered by onestopdiycom

4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for what I need them for..., 25 May 2013
These have done the job perfectly. I wanted them to cover screws on a piece of furniture and they look great.

Sennheiser RS 170 Closed Digital Wireless Over-Ear Headphone
Sennheiser RS 170 Closed Digital Wireless Over-Ear Headphone

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as good as previous reviews - love them, 25 May 2013
I replaced my Phillips ones which were just so hissy! These have no hiss - clear as a bell. Very pleased.

Bella Mafia [DVD] [2005]
Bella Mafia [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Vanessa Redgrave

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely movie, 1 Dec 2011
This review is from: Bella Mafia [DVD] [2005] (DVD)
I loved reading and even re-reading the book and now I finally got to enjoy the movie. Vaness Redgrave is great!

Set Of 2 Over The Door Pan Lid Storage Racks
Set Of 2 Over The Door Pan Lid Storage Racks
Offered by Betterware

3.0 out of 5 stars Fairly good buy, 30 Jun 2011
I have managed to fit 5 lids on the 6 slots. The top slots will only fit very small lids. Best for fairly flat lids, deeper ones are a problem. Still I'm happy that I don't have as many lids lying around.

Ravensburger Puzzle - Signs Of The Zodiac (5000 pieces)
Ravensburger Puzzle - Signs Of The Zodiac (5000 pieces)

4.0 out of 5 stars Love this. It's framed and up on the wall., 30 Jun 2011
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars
IT took a while obviously but really enjoyable to do. You do need to have the space available to do it. I get loads of compliments on it. Great conversation piece.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with this filter, 27 May 2011
This filter is great, easy to install, runs perfectly and the fish are very happy. Very pleased with this purchase.

I Dreamed of Africa
I Dreamed of Africa
by Kuki Gallmann

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly inspiring story, 10 Jan 2001
This review is from: I Dreamed of Africa (Paperback)
I cried, laughed, smiled and felt so much of the pain, anguish, love and growth she must have experienced. It was so easy to visualise the settings as she describes them so well.
I highly recommend this book for anyone interest in Africa and the outdoors or anyone just wishing to read a really good story.