Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (Pompey)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Orginal Oneplus X 4G Smartphone Android 5.1 Quad Core 2.3GHz 3GB RAM+16GB ROM with 5.0 inch Screen Dual Sim Card (black)
Offered by Nick_

4.0 out of 5 stars Great and cheap., 12 Jan. 2016
I have had this phone for a few months and found it to be very good.( As background I had a Nexus 4, a flagship at the time but have never had an iPhone or top level LG or Samsung)

There are certainly problems but these are more than outweighed by the cost.

Pros:
Cheap
Looks amazing
OLED screen is very nice and can be turned to very dim which I like for reading before bed.
Battery frequently lasts me 36 hrs.
Comes with thin case and screen protector (from Oneplus) I work in operating theatres and it constantly falls out of my scrubs, so far without any problems.
SD card slot OR 2nd Sim slot
Camera seems very good esp with HDR, although there is a 2 second lag after an HDR shot.
Can access torch and camera with gestures when phone asleep

Cons:
I don't like the notifications switch. I preferred the timed silence you can do with Lollipop. This was available on Oneplus phones, but doesn't seem to be on the this.
The volume rockers are next to the wake/sleep button, and are the same shape. Easy to hit the wrong one and the wake button is close to my natural hand position so I turn it off by mistake.
The phone can stutter. By thus I mean scrolling down ad-heavy pages can be juddery. Also it can also take a second for the wake button to activate wake.
Currently you can't save photos directly to the SD card which is a major annoyance. Apparently this will be fixed......
There is no lo-res (360 or 480p) option on the video camera, which I like for sending clips.
The Mac compatibility is poor. (Android transfer worked well with my Nexus.)

In summary, I am a person who doesn't like the idea of carrying about and dropping £600 phones. This seems to me to be the best option by far at this price point (Moto g is also warerproof though) and indeed up till you get to £340 for the Nexus 5x.

Would definitely buy another Oneplus.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad., 13 July 2015
Seem pretty sharp. Don't last more than 3 shaves, but not expensive. Prefer Sharks.

YKS Adjustable Adult Non-Fogging Anti UV Swimming Goggles Swim Glasses (silver)
YKS Adjustable Adult Non-Fogging Anti UV Swimming Goggles Swim Glasses (silver)
Offered by GNWE

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfy, no fog., 30 Jun. 2015
Adjusted them when I put them on. Wore them for an hour without moving them. The anti-fog must work. A little sore at the end but like I said I didn't move them once!

Liquid Spirit
Liquid Spirit

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 30 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Liquid Spirit (Audio CD)
Hooked from the first time I heard his voice on Graham Norton. A stunning album.

TOKUYI® Laptop Battery for APPLE MacBook A1280 / A1278 / MB771 / MB466 / MB467 [10.8V 4200mAh Li-Polymer]

4.0 out of 5 stars Has a poor life - about 2, 30 Jun. 2015
Has a poor life - about 2.5 hrs and I have an SSD. But I mainly have it plugged in and it's pretty cheap.

Breaststroke for Every Body By Total Immersion [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by RAREWAVES USA

1.0 out of 5 stars For good to very good breaststroke swimmers., 30 Jun. 2015
I have never been taught breaststroke, but can do 1km in a pool with about 6 stops. I'm very tired at this point. Hoped this would improve my speed and efficiency. But it makes the assumption that you are already a proficient breaststroke swimmer and understand terms such as dolphin and scull. Doesn't cover the correct arm or leg positions, unlike the bumpf describes - "Terry demonstrates and explains every step". There's a big section watching people do exercises, some of which are incorrect, although he takes care not to point out too carefully which is which. Or what exactly the exercises are. Should have stuck to You-tube which has helped much more.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Buy one, 8 April 2015
Works well as advertised. As good as my original charger.

Nighty Night - Series 2 [DVD] (2005)
Nighty Night - Series 2 [DVD] (2005)
Dvd ~ Julia Davis

5.0 out of 5 stars Gasp!, 8 April 2015
Dark. Horrible. Awful. Brilliant.

Round Waxed Shoelaces - 2mm wide - 90cm long - Various Colours (Tan)
Round Waxed Shoelaces - 2mm wide - 90cm long - Various Colours (Tan)
Offered by Big Laces

4.0 out of 5 stars Good laces., 8 April 2015
Good laces. They tie my shoes. Well I tie them... with the laces.

Bialetti Tuttocrema Frother
Bialetti Tuttocrema Frother

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, simple frother., 8 April 2015
Nice, quick way to froth. I didn't want another electric gadget, especially for £60+.

I put the milk in the microwave and heat the frother with water from the kettle. Washes easily in just water. Works better with full fat milk. Haven't tried skimmed. Need to do at least 200ml or the frother doesn't get deep enough into the milk. Pairs nicely with the Aeropress.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3