Profile for Kazuki > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Normal People Scare Me Funny Ladies Unisex Fit T-Shirt
Normal People Scare Me Funny Ladies Unisex Fit T-Shirt

5.0 out of 5 stars A nice, normal, not-scary t-shirt, 30 Jun. 2015
This is a great T-shirt. After seeing a similar top on Pinterest, and being an AHS fan, I had to get one.

As ever, I like to spend as little money as possible - so this t-shirt seemed like a steal! When you're buying clothes at this price, there's always the concern that it'll be bad quality. So for all those concerned:

* The print is great - no errors, no patchy spots, and it's survived several washes with no visible sign of fading.
* The colour is gorgeous - reddish maroon, quite bold. It's as shown in the picture, and again, hasn't faded with washing.
* The shape and size is as expected - unisex, quite loose. I bought medium and am a UK size 12-14, and the t-shirt fit perfectly well.
* The fabric is nice and thick - no see-through spots - and it's all well sewn together. I haven't experienced any fraying or seam failures.

The t-shirt is everything I wanted, and at a brilliant price. My parents had a laugh (not at my expense, more that it's very 'me') when they saw me wearing it, and it's now one of my favourites.

Sennheiser HD201 Closed Dynamic Stereo headphones
Sennheiser HD201 Closed Dynamic Stereo headphones

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm impressed! Good buy!, 30 Jun. 2015
I'm really impressed by these headphones!

I wanted some good ones for listening to music and watching films on my laptop - so maximum sound quality and minimum cost required. These are brilliant considering how (relatively) cheap they are.

The sound quality is excellent, I have no complaints there. There's some minor sound leakage when playing media at high volume, but not enough to be a problem. The design feels and looks sturdy, they're adjustable and the mechanism doesn't feel flimsy as it has in other products. They're very comfortable to wear, just the right size to fit comfortably over my ears without squishing anything. I have to admit, I love that. I wear headphones/ earphones a lot at home as I'm often doing my own thing on my laptop all evening while the rest of the family is watching TV. I can wear these headphones for hours and, unlike with earphones and previous headphones, not feel any discomfort. They're good at muffling noise from outside as well - my family can be watching TV, and I won't get distracted by noises at all. I can turn off my music to try and hear what someone is saying to me, but I still can't hear them without taking the headphones off!

I think the only downsides are the length of the wire and the plug. The wire is very long, which can be a nuisance - you can tie it in a bundle though, which makes life easier. I knew what I was getting into with these though, so I'm not taking a star for that - I wanted the long wire so that I could doss around my room at night while listening to music from my laptop, and not wake anyone! The plug... I'm not sure really, it could just be my by now old laptop that's the problem. The plug comes out really easily anyway. You still have to put some force into it, and it's not like it just falls out or anything. The wire can catch on something though, and the lightest pressure will just make the plug pop out, which is kinda annoying! Like I say though, probably just my poor abused laptop that's the problem.

So yeah... Basically, these headphones are awesome, especially for the price you're paying. Recommended!

JVC HA-F150-GN-E GUMY In-Ear Headphones - Kiwi Green
JVC HA-F150-GN-E GUMY In-Ear Headphones - Kiwi Green

4.0 out of 5 stars 4.5/ 5 - Pretty damn good!, 30 Jun. 2015
This is my go-to brand for in-ear headphones. I ordered these after my previous set got chewed on by my puppy.

As ever, they arrived promptly and well packaged (very well packaged, in fact - you'll need scissors, and try not to cut yourself on sharp plastic!).

I wish I could give 4.5 stars, because I really like these headphones. The sound quality is good, I've experienced no faults, and they plug into my devices perfectly. They're not as good on the bass as with the JVC GUMY In-Ear Audio Headphones (the ones with that 'Bass Boost' design), but still good. There's definitely music-leakage, especially if you're playing loud as I tend to.

The reason I've taken a star is due to a minor colour quibble - I ordered Kiwi and got Pistachio. Not a huge problem, and I don't really mind since I got them for functionality rather than aesthetics. Still, if you're intent on a certain colour you might want to watch for that.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Smells good, feels good., 30 Jun. 2015
Not really knowing what to expect, I was pleasantly surprised by this product. I bought it after reading tips on how to care for long hair, and being recommended that I get a good leave-in conditioner.

I was a bit worried initially, concerned that it'd just make my hair and scalp feel oily. I didn't need to worry though!

I tend to use this towards the end of the week when my hair is starting to get dry and fluffy, especially at the ends. I shake the bottle and, holding it about 10cm away, spray it onto my dry hair. Then I work it in with my hands, and that's it! Instantly smoother, lush smelling hair. I definitely noticed my hair being healthier and more shiny after using this.

It smells really nice - quite sweet, but not overpowering. It doesn't leave a greasy finish, and you won't feel like you have to wash you hands after working it in.

For what it's worth, I have hip length hair that's quite fine, wavy and prone to frizzing. So if you have that hair type and are looking for a good leave-in conditioner, I'd recommend this one.

EQLEF Green sandalwood wide-tooth Natural comb, Large sandal wood comb anti static comb
Offered by GoEasyWay

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 30 Jun. 2015
This comb smells amazing! That's the first thing I noticed upon opening up the package. You will end up sniffing this comb occasionally, and might look a bit strange doing it - so I warn you now!

The wood feels like good quality. All very smooth, no splinters or cracks. I've used it fairly often by now, and it does a good job getting through my hair - which is always an impressive thing, considering my hair is quite wavy, tangles easily and is down to my hips. The comb is shaped well - it's easy to hold, feels comfortable in-hand, the teeth are well spaced and don't feel sharp against your scalp.

All in all, very impressed and pleased with the product! Everyone I've shown it to (and yes, I got them to smell it too) wants one as well. Highly recommended if you're in the market for a wide toothed, natural material comb.

Funko POP Heroes: Marvel Avengers 2: Hawkeye
Funko POP Heroes: Marvel Avengers 2: Hawkeye
Offered by Signyt

5.0 out of 5 stars Much awesome. Much love., 30 Jun. 2015
I love this little dude. After reading many reviews for many (many) Funko products, I was a little wary of buying anything as I saw a lot of horror stories about the quality of the paintwork. No such issues here!

First of all, Hawkeye is my spirit animal, and I needed him in my life in some way, shape or form. So after buying the comics and failing to find a t-shirt that I liked, I bit the bullet and bought this guy.

He's bigger than I expected - about the size of a soda can, but that's no bad thing. The paintwork was perfect! No missing spots or mistakes, just all very nice and surprisingly detailed work.He came neatly packaged - the box was a little squished and crumpled in places, but the protective packaging did its job so no real issue there.

Hawkeye now stands on my bedside table and protects me from monsters at night. Couldn't be happier!

Breverton's Phantasmagoria: A Compendium of Monsters, Myths and Legends
Breverton's Phantasmagoria: A Compendium of Monsters, Myths and Legends
by Terry Breverton

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating!, 11 Jan. 2014
I got this on a whim, after seeing it as a recommended product (after purchasing 'The Science of Monsters' by Matt Kaplan), and I definitely don't regret it! I got a used copy, an old library book apparently, but there's no damage apart from a bit of a cracked spine and the obvious library paraphernalia (barcodes, stamped checkout sheaf etc). No graffiti, the pages are clean, there's no tearing or graffiti.

I love myths, legends, bizarre history, supernatural creatures and fantastical tales, so this book was perfect for me! It's split nicely into sections: 1) Mysterious, Magical and Weird People, 2) Mythical Monsters, Ghosts and Things That Go Bump in the Night, 3) Magical Places of Legend and Reality, 4) Flying Monsters, Mysteries, Odd Happenings, Strange Sightings and Legends, 5) Mysteries of the Deep, 6) Strange Artifacts, Buildings, Maps and Writings, 7) Tales of Secret Treasure, and 8) The Reality of Legends and Myths.

I had trouble deciding where to start first! I found the book to be well written, nicely formatted (each new mysterious, magical or weird person - for example - was arranged alphabetically through the chapter, so it was easy to go back and re-read things about certain people), and informative. None of the sections go into great detail (you'd need a much bigger book than this one!), but the have enough of the details to inform the reader, and intrigue them into finding out more! It's a good reference book for the bizarre, and it's one I'll be reading more than once!

The writing style is quite casual, which I like, not dry like it could have been. There's a great mix of fact (or should that be 'fact') and funny, which has me laughing aloud quite often (Pope Joan for example - tragic what happened to her, but the bit about the sedia stercoraria seats was hilarious to imagine).

It's a good reference book, which summarises the long complicated tales (such as the Greek gods, or Hercules's tasks) into short informative sections, and contains enough information to get the basic idea without overwhelming the reader. I think it'd be a good book for writers to own, as quite a lot of the bits I read set my imagination going!

All in all, a fantastic book which I love, and will enjoy reading again. Well worth the price, great quality, and well-written. Not much more than you could ask for!

Star Wars Origami: 36 Amazing Models from a Galaxy Far, Far Away
Star Wars Origami: 36 Amazing Models from a Galaxy Far, Far Away
by Chris Alexander

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 11 Jan. 2014
I got this as an Xmas gift for my best friend, who loves both origami and Star Wars.

I myself was impressed when I got the book - the cover was a little wrinkled and bent, but that didn't matter too much. The pages inside were all intact and wrinkle free, so that's what counts. It arrived in good time, and the price was better than I'd seen in some shops. Inside the instructions seem clear (even to a noob like me), and its colourful and well illustrated.

My friend was really happy when he unwrapped this anyway, and he says it'll probably take him ages to do it all. He found the fact that the book includes the paper (with spares!) in the back to be really ingenious, and though he says some of the instructions look complicated, he's looking forward to trying.

So this is a great gift for origami and/or Star Wars lovers of all ages!

tedim� - Whisky Rocks Ice Cube Cooling Stones Made from Granite
tedim� - Whisky Rocks Ice Cube Cooling Stones Made from Granite
Offered by Shop4yoo

4.0 out of 5 stars Great idea!, 11 Jan. 2014
I bought these to put in some handmade Christmas crackers, and they were well received. My parents and brother all drink whiskey, port and brandy in the evenings, and there's always been discussions/complaints about how the ice they use waters the drink down. I'd heard of these before, and thought it was an awesome idea, so I looked at a few options on amazon. This product seemed to be the best compromise between cost and quality, and I wasn't wrong.

I got 9 stones in a small velvet drawstring bag - which I use to keep the stones in, in the freezer - and a little card with the instructions on (not that you really need them, but then common sense isn't all that common, I guess). The stones were a nice size, about 1cm x 1cm, nicely shaped and with soft rounded edges which stop them from scratching the glass. The colour is a pleasant shade of mid-grey, which darkens to dark grey/black when they're in the drink. I froze these for a few hours, and when I got them out they were indeed very cold, and I used three per glass.

They don't seem to chill the drink to the same extent as ice does, but rather than being a fault with the product I think that's more to do with the lack of dispersal throughout the drink which comes with melting ice water. That said, the drinks were noticeably colder after a few minutes, and they stayed that way for as long as was needed. I haven't given it 5 stars, simply because there isn't a 4.5! I'd take half a point off for the fact that it doesn't chill drinks as well as ice, but like I said, I doubt its the fault of the product.

Other benefits of these are that they didn't flavour the drinks at all, which ice can do sometimes, and they were very easy to clean. These will definitely be getting a lot of use in the future, and I think of all the products I saw, these are definitely have the best ratio of price vs quality.

Everything Belongs to the Sun
Everything Belongs to the Sun

5.0 out of 5 stars Great to sing to, 11 Jan. 2014
I really like this song. The lyrics are interesting, the beat is really catchy, and I enjoy both singing and dancing to this.

Page: 1 | 2