Profile for Mary Collin > Reviews

Content by Mary Collin

Mary Collin "marybham" (UK - Midlands)

Page: 1 | 2
The Art Of The Sacred Isle Tarot Arcana Deck
The Art Of The Sacred Isle Tarot Arcana Deck
Price: 3.30

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful deck!, 17 Jan 2014
Simple - does what the title says. It shows the images of the 22 Major Arcana cards. The Aer is beautiful and the colours are vibrant.

Magic Words - 17 ways to influence,persuade and encourage people to take action
Magic Words - 17 ways to influence,persuade and encourage people to take action
Price: 1.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Magic Words - 17 ways succinctly and clearly presented, 30 Dec 2013
I really like this book. It's short, simple and really well presented. I particularly liked the fact that each of the '17 ways to influence, persuade and encourage people to take action' is set on an 'open out' two page spread. So, reading it 2 pages to a view makes it easy to get the whole idea in one go. Same in the printed book. It's very easy to dip in and get value from. I'm intrigued by some of the reviews - of course it's not rocket science but as my mentor always used to say 'professionals don't need teaching, but we do need reminding'. (Thank you Bob Patmore - wise words!)

Thank you Phil - this is as clear and as practical and useful as your presentations are. I appreciate each 'headline', explanation and some examples. This will be a regular 're-read' book for me.

Toolbox - Essential Selling Skills To Win More Business
Toolbox - Essential Selling Skills To Win More Business
by Phil M Jones
Price: 12.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy little Toolbox book - you'll need your highlighter!, 18 Jun 2012
I love everything about this book. Really! There's some great content and it's chunked down into simple tips which offer a quick and easy read and . . . as a result . . . makes it all so much easier to implement.

Even the feel of the book is great (you people who love the feel of paper will know exactly what I mean!) It's just a 'comfotable' book in that it feels, good, looks good and . . . yes, it IS good.

You'll definitely need a pen and your highlighter. It's one you'll probably, like me, pick up and refer to again and again. Some of the tips are so simple you could be forgiven for missing just how powerful they are once you implement them.

Enjoy it and use it. This is a proper toolbox. Great piece of kit. Toolbox - Essential Selling Skills To Win More Business

The Vampire Tarot
The Vampire Tarot
by Robert Michael Place
Price: 16.75

5.0 out of 5 stars eagerly awaiting the full Vampire Tarot, 26 July 2009
This review is from: The Vampire Tarot (Paperback)
I absolutely cannot wait to get my hands on this deck and book. I've been eagerly awaiting it for the last couple of years now. Having been in the highly privileged position of viewing the original artwork back in New York at a Tarot School Readers Studio I have grasped every opportunity to find out more about Robert's Vampire Tarot. I'm a huge fan of his work, the artwork is glorious, the text, the thinking, the study that goes into his work is exceptional.

I love the fact that this deck stays much truer to the Bram Stoker story. Robert really "gets it" and I'm glad that he has held some fantastic courses and teleclasses around this. And soon, very soon, we will have the completed deck and book which I know will surpass all expectations. I just can't wait to get my hands on this deck having purchased a copy of the limited edition Majors back in the spring of 2008.

Thank you to Robert for bringing the most beautiful and deep Tarot decks into the world for us enthusiasts.

So . . . how many days to go until it's in my hands???
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 23, 2009 3:28 PM BST

Centering: A Guide to Inner Growth
Centering: A Guide to Inner Growth
by Sanders G. Laurie
Price: 8.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 19 July 2007
I LOVE this book!! I first read it around 1984 - when it was recommended to me by a friend - and thought it was a fantastic journey of personal development. At the time it raised topics that were very new to me and I was a little unsure how to take them. It's interesting to see how my mind has opened since those days :-)

It introduced me to an excellent meditation technique that I've used ever since and, in moments of stress, my friends have encouraged me to do!!

After lending it out (I hadn't realised it would be a permanent loan) I couldn't get hold of a copy and had to send to the USA in 1995 for a replacement (in the days before the Internet!). I actually got hold of a cassette featuring the meditation which I didn't really enjoy . . . so I created my own). The book stands alone as a great "Guide to Inner Growth".

What a great book - definitely a "highly recommended" one as far as I'm concerned. Now where is it . . . this is a great reminder for me to re-read it again. And I can't wait to redo the questionnaires!

Understanding Aleister Crowley's Thoth Tarot: An Authoritative Examination of the World's Most Fascinating and Magical Tarot Cards
by Lon Milo DuQuette
Price: 16.19

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book - it's made the Thoth fun to learn, 19 July 2007
I bought the Thoth Tarot deck a while ago and loved the imagery and the colours. I could never quite get to grips with it as it seemed complex and deep. Well, that's because it is!

This book has been a real eye-opener for me and a joy to read. Lon Milo Duquette talks in plain, simple language and makes the journey fun. I never thought I would say that about discovering more about this deck or Crowley but it really is.

This is a book that is a favourite with myself and my Tarot colleagues - The Book of Thoth could have been written in Russian for the practical help it gave me. Maybe this is my "primer" to get me much more comfortable with the deck, improve my understanding of it and act as a bridge to further study in this area.

A big thank you to LMD - this is fun and fascinating!!

Highly recommended.

Seventy Eight Degrees of Wisdom
Seventy Eight Degrees of Wisdom
by Rachel Pollack
Price: 10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book - straightforward and easy to read, 19 July 2007
Rachel is one of the brightest stars in the Tarot world. When I first delved into the world of Tarot I thought it was all a bit weird and that it wouldn't amount to much. How wrong I was.

My Tarot tutor pointed me in the direction of Rachel's book and it's become a well-thumbed and much referred to volume on my shelves. And I've been delighted to see Rachel speak as she travels the world. She has amazing depth and breadth of knowledge on Tarot and various related subjects and is able to communicate them simply and clearly. And with great humour.

A great book - perfect for the beginner and well worth a read (or re-read) to those who already have some knowledge of the subject). Simple and easy to read with lots of useful information.

Highly recommended.

The Business Coach: A Millionaire Entrepreneuer Reveals the 6 Critical Steps to Business Success (Instant Success Series)
by Bradley J Sugars
Price: 9.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Great overview of how to build my businesses, 19 July 2007
It was interesting to read the different perceptions and reviews on this book. I've read it three times so far and have got something different from each reading. It's another book I've mind-mapped and refer to regularly.

In my opinion it gives a great overview of the key areas to work on to structure my businesses and it's a shame a previous reviewer gave up on it. There are some real nuggets in here. If anything, it is written in an overly simplistic way - which can cause people to miss the depth that I see in it. For me, there are several layers of information, tips and strategies for anyone who wants to look a little deeper. Yes, it is a great advert for coaching, OR, it's a great way to find out where I'm strong and where I need to put some work in.

To cover the gaps I could read up, study, or get coached in specific areas. That's really up to me and what works best for me. Some fascinating stuff in here and it covers enough detail for me to re-read it and get more from it on second and subsequent readings. Great to see where I've moved on!

Think and Grow Rich!: The Original Version, Restored and Revised
Think and Grow Rich!: The Original Version, Restored and Revised
by Napoleon Hill

5.0 out of 5 stars My "desert island" personal development book, 19 July 2007
I can't remember how long ago I first read this - probably in the early 1980s. This is the book I would keep/take to a desert island if I could only have one.

It's as relevant now as it was when it was first written and my copy is battered, water-damaged, highlighted and anotated and . . . I wouldn't part with it for anything.

"Classic" is an over-used word but it genuinely does apply to this book. Truly wonderful, inspiring and mind-stretching. I come back to this again and again. Get it in any version - I have the book and the audio programme - and use it. I hope you get as much from it at each reading as I do.

Instant Systems: Foolproof Strategies That Let Your Business Run Itself (Instant Success Series)
by Bradley J Sugars
Price: 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, practical book I come back to again and again, 19 July 2007
I first read this book about 3 years ago and went through it with a highlighter. I also created a mind map of the key areas. Since then it's become an often-referred to guide to systemising more and more of what I do. I've used it to help organise teams (regionally, nationally and globally), I've used it to streamline my businesses and to free up my time to do the things I'm passionate about.

In fact I liked it so much I then became involved (personally and professionally!) with an Action Coach.

I have 3 businesses and the practical, usable, straightforward systems and structures mentioned in this book have helped me time and time again in vastly differing businesses. It's proved invaluable to me and each time I revisit it I get something new, some refinement or a new perspective.

It's a book I highly recommend. Don't just read it - apply it, I know it works.

Page: 1 | 2